Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: overly new and large role of the revolutionaries in the new world?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

overly new and large role of the revolutionaries in the new world?

So I was thinking, we went through 580+ chapters without much words of revolutionaries or anything, then out of nowhere Oda decided to make the back story of luffy and ace to include sabo, who we now know just so happen to be #2 of the revolutionary....

then robin just so happen to coincidentally be sent to be with Dragon...

What do you think Oda purpose is?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: overly new and large role of the revolutionaries in the new world?

Perhaps the revolutionaries will play a big role in the future.If Luffy makes it to Raftel, and Robin deciphers the Rio Poneglyph then they could finally reveal the truth about the void century, and the things the world government has been hiding all those years.I don't think it's a coincidence that Kuma sent Robin on Tequila Wolf. IIRC Dragon has been looking for her, so he's prolly after the rio poneglyph too.If such information is leaked, there are high chances that the WG will fall, and that's exaclty the purpose of the revolutionaries.At least that's my theory.Besides I doubt that Dragon will let his son be captured by the Marines, so maybe he'll want to protect Luffy.
    Also Sabo's presence on Dressrosa is connected to the weapons factory. They either want to get their hands on those weapons, or simply destroy the factory, because of all the wars that are waging in the NW because of said weapons.
    Last edited by ladylola; May 13, 2014 at 06:47 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionaries exist to make countries and nations defect from the World Government. Sooner or later, they are bound to attack Mariejois, and then they will either change the world or perish. Of course they weren't going to have such an important role in the first half of One Piece, before Straw Hats crossed the Red Line. But now that Whitebeard is dead, Dragon and his Revolutionaries will take his place as the most powerful force opposing the world.

I suspect the Yonko will have to be removed from the equation before Dragon leads an assault on the World Government. That, or Dragon somehow strikes a deal with the Yonko, and they'll surround Mariejois and the Navy from both sides. Luffy will also play a role in this conflict, without a doubt. Maybe after he obtains One Piece.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that Dragon wants to let everyone lead a life in freedom I see him challenging both the WG and the Pirate system. Besides Shanks,WB,Luffy and a few others the pirates really aren't good guys. I mean they also kill innocent people and so on. This is way what Dragon is trying to accomplish is far greater than what Luffy is aiming for.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kittyseka's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I too think that revolutionaries role will become evident/important EOS or rather when Luffy finds One piece and Robin deciphers rio poneglyph…

atm, their role is to find followers by saving their countries, certain people from the countries, stopping slavery elsewhere… (e.g. Goa Kingdom and grey terminal, destroying weapon factory to seize wars)
    I guess they first need to get more people on their side, become stronger etc… and wait for the right moment to attack…

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think attacking majiroa is an option. Majiroa is on top of the red line and the red line is basically a huge cliff from both sides. More so, the RA is presumably spread accross the globe. An attack on the heart of the WG is insane, improbable and perhaps outright suicide. I think the RA will play a big role in the future though. The issue here is that the RA will be its own side so to speak. They are the sword enemies of the world government, more than the yonko, and they are not friends with the yonko because the yonko are ultimately criminals. There is a great war coming, one that will be greater than the one against WB. I think the issue here is that this particular future war will involve everyone and the trigger is the current arc.

Lets look at what is going on here. You have doflamingo who turned out to be a central figure in the underworld. He is a weapons merchant who sells to presumably any side. He sells to the yonko, to those opposing the government, to those with the government, to those opposing the revolutionaries.... And his main customer is god damned kaido. He is without a doubt going to be take out which has extremely severe implications. We have seen how powerful doflamingo is, he is without a shred of a doubt and by far the most dangerous enemy luffy has ever fought. He might even be an actual match for an admiral considering he has so far dealt with relative ease against the likes of luffy or law. So defeating doflamingo has extremely severe consequences due to his power and influence. To put things in perspective the trigger to the previous war was crocodile being defeated. That particular event left a gap in the WG's forces which made shanks react and contact WB. That particular event earned luffy his bounty which made BB take notice of luffy. Which lead to him fighting ace which made BB a shichibukai. Which triggered the war and allowed BB to complete his crew with IDs worst.

With that in mind, what are the consequences of defeating doflamingo? Doflamingo easily exceeds crocodile in power, influence and contacts. His defeat does not leave a hole in the WG as was the case with BB but rather it leaves a hole everywhere. The world government looses one of its most powerful assets, the yonko loose their most important supplier, who knows how many armies and pirates will also loose their suppliers. Doflamingo has a leading position in the underworld and if there is money to be made then what follows his defeat is a bloodbath of people looking to take his former position. The revolutionaries are presumably involved in many of this wars which means they will also react to this one way or another. This will also mark luffy's ascent in the NW as a force to be reckoned with. Luffy will be friends of riku who will presumably not be too happy with the tenryubito and the world government for allowing dressrosa to be taken over by a shichibukai. Riku is friends with other kinds who are presumably not going to take kindly to what happened in dressrosa. Elizobelo will probably be grateful to the strawhats and we know his strength is actually considerable. So luffy will be friends of two kingdoms out of which they have 2 particularly powerful people (elizobelo and kyros) who will make powerful allies. Those two kingdoms at least are probably going to be friendly towards the RA considering everything too. So on top of luffy being friends of the RA and two kingdoms along with fishman island he will also get a lot of other allies. Chinjao already placed his army at luffy's command and plenty other powerful people will be extremely grateful to luffy and the strawhats for saving them.

So with all of that... the actual great war will presumably be about the WG fighting the revolutionaries IMO however the conflict will almost certainly be a massive free for all involving the yonko, the marines, the shichibukai and the RA. I doubt it will be everyone against the marines though. Each side will aim to take out the one it is most profitable to take out. So you have the marines fighting the RA, luffy and its allies. Then the yonko seek to destroy whoever they need to destroy. Of course, not all yonko will necessarily take part in the conflict, a couple might actually not exist as yonko by the time the wars takes place. Kaido might be defeated. Big mom might still be lola's mom so she might be an ally to luffy. who knows what shanks will do. Of course if the WG is to actually fight this war they can't just gather most of their asset like the last war. During the last war they got their strongest people to fight WB however the rest of the world was not unprotected. The VAs are ultimately numerous and from what we know most of them or at least several of them were at their posts in the NW and other places keeping the peace. The marines will have to fight this war gathering everyone, damn the world. They will have their pacifista, this time exceeding the numbers and strengths of the ones from 2 years ago, they might gather strong people from every nation affiliated to the world government, they will call every VA.... I can't imagine the conflict being smaller than this to be honest. Of course, at this point it is hard to predict what oda will do but considering how important doflamingo is my idea is not so far fetched. The RA will probably still have the central role in all of this.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I'm not sure that Shanks contacted WB because Crocodile was defeated.It had more to do with Ace going after BB, which Shanks knew it would only bring trouble.Besides the Yonko do as they please, they don't need to wait for the Marines to be weakened to contact each other, or start a war between them imo.With that said I do agree that if DD is defeated, it will be like an earthquake in the NW. First the underworld will lose one of its most influencial brokers, then the WG will prolly lose one of his Shichibukai, although they were planning to get rid of them at some point, which is kinda stupid if you ask me. And of course the Yonko will lose some of their power, because I'm not sure that Kaidou is the only one using DD's services, I can totally see BB doing the same. As for the RA, I'm not sure where they stand in regards to DD's business.Are they clients, or do they want to get rid of him too? Also I have a feeling that NW is totally different from Paradise, in the way that the WG's influence is weaker there, as there are countries like Wano who are completely independant. I can see Dressrosa becoming like that after these events, unless Riku is too afraid that the Yonko might come to make Dressrosa part of their territories, in this case he could join the WG.That reminds the Reverie is supposed to be held this year, they could discuss the matter of FI, but maybe Dressrosa will somewhat be discussed there.
    DD's role is important, but he's not irreplaceable, so I can see someone taking his place.Either way his defeat at the SHs will have a huge impact, so I can totally see the Yonko being weakened by it, so maybe it is the right time after all to go after Kaido.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

With Sabo searching for weapons likely produced by Kaidou as we have seen in the cover story, they might be a second or third party helping Luffy to beat Kaidou during/after the Wano Kuni arc.

Greg confirmed that he had made the right connection from Wano to Kaidou, so he will definitely have some major introduction at then at least.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 13, 2014 at 05:37 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure that Shanks contacted WB because Crocodile was defeated.It had more to do with Ace going after BB, which Shanks knew it would only bring trouble.Besides the Yonko do as they please, they don't need to wait for the Marines to be weakened to contact each other, or start a war between them imo.With that said I do agree that if DD is defeated, it will be like an earthquake in the NW. First the underworld will lose one of its most influencial brokers, then the WG will prolly lose one of his Shichibukai, although they were planning to get rid of them at some point, which is kinda stupid if you ask me. And of course the Yonko will lose some of their power, because I'm not sure that Kaidou is the only one using DD's services, I can totally see BB doing the same. As for the RA, I'm not sure where they stand in regards to DD's business.Are they clients, or do they want to get rid of him too? Also I have a feeling that NW is totally different from Paradise, in the way that the WG's influence is weaker there, as there are countries like Wano who are completely independant. I can see Dressrosa becoming like that after these events, unless Riku is too afraid that the Yonko might come to make Dressrosa part of their territories, in this case he could join the WG.That reminds the Reverie is supposed to be held this year, they could discuss the matter of FI, but maybe Dressrosa will somewhat be discussed there.
    DD's role is important, but he's not irreplaceable, so I can see someone taking his place.Either way his defeat at the SHs will have a huge impact, so I can totally see the Yonko being weakened by it, so maybe it is the right time after all to go after Kaido.
    Ahh, you are right, it wasn't precisely because of that but the events are at least indirectly connected. Ultimately luffy defeating crocodile did affect the tide of the world, things might have turned out significantly different if crocodile had not lost his position. The problem is that the yonko and the WG are at large in a stalemate in regards to each other. The yonko are ultimately kept in check by the marines and they without a doubt act accordingly. The issue is one side taking advantage. The yonko can't just start a war at random against the WG or against other yonko. The balance of the world is massively unstable. The marines and the yonko have massive armies at their disposal yet most of their power lies in the strength of their main fighters. The WG is able to keep the peace against the 4 yonko because they have a fleet admiral, 3 admirals and who knows how many VA. They have the largest number of strong people in the end. The Yonko will have the captain of the crew and perhaps between 7 and 10 strong crewmembers who will hold most of the power of the crew. Then come allies and whatnot but still, all organizations hold most of their power in a handful of people. This is why the shichibukai are important, they are powerful individuals that significantly add to the might of the WG. In this regard loosing even one strong person is a catastrophe... WB loosing a commander equated to him loosing 1/16 of his military power (perhaps WB was the strongest pirate around because he had more strong people at his disposal than other yonko). BB has 10 giants meaning that each one accounts for 1/10th of his military force. So the yonko can't actually afford to go to war with one another randomly, even one lose equates to them loosing a significant amount of military power which without a doubt will be noticed by people looking to usurp them.

The defeat of doflamingo is ultimately dangerous because he has been playing every side imaginable. His defeat leaves a hole in the ranks of the WB, the yonko, the underworld and every client he has. The issue here is that doflamingo is far more important than anyone could have ever imagined and that bubble is about to burst.

I am not sure there is much of an issue of dressrosa being a part of the yonko's territory. I would think it already falls at least indirectly somewhere. The yonko are not actual kings, they are criminals with vast influence that rule the underworld. I think the situation will be mostly like with FI in most cases.... The yonko take control of an area but they do not actually replace kings and whanot as far as we have seen at least. Their deal is essentially a massive mob war that spans across nations.

I doubt the RA are clients of doflamingo... It would make sense to some degree but if they were clients then they would not actually look to shut down doflamingo's operation. It would not benefit them to do such a thing...

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahh, you are right, it wasn't precisely because of that but the events are at least indirectly connected. Ultimately luffy defeating crocodile did affect the tide of the world, things might have turned out significantly different if crocodile had not lost his position. The problem is that the yonko and the WG are at large in a stalemate in regards to each other. The yonko are ultimately kept in check by the marines and they without a doubt act accordingly. The issue is one side taking advantage. The yonko can't just start a war at random against the WG or against other yonko. The balance of the world is massively unstable. The marines and the yonko have massive armies at their disposal yet most of their power lies in the strength of their main fighters. The WG is able to keep the peace against the 4 yonko because they have a fleet admiral, 3 admirals and who knows how many VA. They have the largest number of strong people in the end. The Yonko will have the captain of the crew and perhaps between 7 and 10 strong crewmembers who will hold most of the power of the crew. Then come allies and whatnot but still, all organizations hold most of their power in a handful of people. This is why the shichibukai are important, they are powerful individuals that significantly add to the might of the WG. In this regard loosing even one strong person is a catastrophe... WB loosing a commander equated to him loosing 1/16 of his military power (perhaps WB was the strongest pirate around because he had more strong people at his disposal than other yonko). BB has 10 giants meaning that each one accounts for 1/10th of his military force. So the yonko can't actually afford to go to war with one another randomly, even one lose equates to them loosing a significant amount of military power which without a doubt will be noticed by people looking to usurp them.

The defeat of doflamingo is ultimately dangerous because he has been playing every side imaginable. His defeat leaves a hole in the ranks of the WB, the yonko, the underworld and every client he has. The issue here is that doflamingo is far more important than anyone could have ever imagined and that bubble is about to burst.

I am not sure there is much of an issue of dressrosa being a part of the yonko's territory. I would think it already falls at least indirectly somewhere. The yonko are not actual kings, they are criminals with vast influence that rule the underworld. I think the situation will be mostly like with FI in most cases.... The yonko take control of an area but they do not actually replace kings and whanot as far as we have seen at least. Their deal is essentially a massive mob war that spans across nations.

I doubt the RA are clients of doflamingo... It would make sense to some degree but if they were clients then they would not actually look to shut down doflamingo's operation. It would not benefit them to do such a thing...
    Hmm I agree with what you said, that the Yonko cannot afford to go to war against each other randomly, but they don't seem to fear the WG that much, they basically control the second half of Grand line, and before the war the WG didn't seem to be able to step foot in that region. We're not sure how strong the members of a Yonko crew are, but I think there must be more than just 10 people who are really strong in each crew.And I think the strength of the Yonko comes from the alliances they have with other pirates, they can have hundreds of pirates ready to back them up anytime. The WG forces are somehow able to hold a fight against one Yonko, but let's imagine for a moment if they had to deal with more than just one Yonko at a time.I think that's the main weakness of the Yonko, and the only thing that keeps the balance from shifting to the side of the pirates. If they somehow formed an alliance, they could destroy the marines main forces,including the shichibukai.
    DD is very important like you said, but I think it all depends on how deep his connections go. We know he deals with Kaido, but what about the other Yonko? If it's just Kaido then the balance of power won't shift that much, like Maynard said.
    Dressrosa is originally a poor country, before DD came in and made it flourish, at the price of the freedom of its citizens. If and when DD is defeated, and Riku goes back to being a king, I can see the country have a hard time, and if they become part of one of the Yonko's territories, then they'll have to pay a tribute, like we saw in FI. So it is kinda is an issue for them to be under the protection of a Yonko.I can see Riku considering to be part of the WG instead.
    The RA seems to be involved in many fronts in the NW, and they're also looking to discover the secrets of the countries who deal with Doflamingo. I see them benefit from these events one way or another.
    Last edited by ladylola; May 14, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Hmm I agree with what you said, that the Yonko cannot afford to go to war against each other randomly, but they don't seem to fear the WG that much, they basically control the second half of Grand line, and before the war the WG didn't seem to be able to step foot in that region. We're not sure how strong the members of a Yonko crew are, but I think there must be more than just 10 people who are really strong in each crew.And I think the strength of the Yonko comes from the alliances they have with other pirates, they can have hundreds of pirates ready to back them up anytime. The WG forces are somehow able to hold a fight against one Yonko, but let's imagine for a moment if they had to deal with more than just one Yonko at a time.I think that's the main weakness of the Yonko, and the only thing that keeps the balance from shifting to the side of the pirates. If they somehow formed an alliance, they could destroy the marines main forces,including the shichibukai.
    DD is very important like you said, but I think it all depends on how deep his connections go. We know he deals with Kaido, but what about the other Yonko? If it's just Kaido then the balance of power won't shift that much, like Maynard said.
    Dressrosa is originally a poor country, before DD came in and made it flourish, at the price of the freedom of its citizens. If and when DD is defeated, and Riku goes back to being a king, I can see the country have a hard time, and if they become part of one of the Yonko's territories, then they'll have to pay a tribute, like we saw in FI. So it is kinda is an issue for them to be under the protection of a Yonko.I can see Riku considering to be part of the WG instead.
    The RA seems to be involved in many fronts in the NW, and they're also looking to discover the secrets of the countries who deal with Doflamingo. I see them benefit from these events one way or another.
    Well, law did make the point that great pirates went out of the way to not get noticed by the world government. Presumably this applies to the yonko too considering that to begin with most crews have to affiliate themselves with a yonko to survive. The war is not really entirely indicative of how the WG actually compares to a yonko. The war with WB was pretty close and it would have been catastrophic to loose it however the WG did in fact fight WB and his allies while also keeping the peace everywhere else in the world. Now, if all the yonko did move against the WG the WG would indeed get obliterated but that is basically impossible. As they are, 4 independent forces, the WG are to some extent able to hold the peace. I also doubt the WG are unable to step foot into regions of the NW. It is plausible there are areas like that but I would not think that is the standard. From what we have seen so far islands in the NW have their own governments, I would think most of them work pretty much like FI.

As far as the tributes go I am not sure if that necessarily will be a standard in the new world. In the end it probably will be a case by case thing. FI has actual need of a yonk to keep the peace, dressrosa so far does not appear to pay tribute to kaido (although the threat of doflamingo and his crew would perhaps be a deterrent to that).

The RA is perhaps stronger than any individual yonko although perhaps not as powerful as the marines. The RA is fighting multiple wars on multiple countries to liberate them. In that regard they need strong people everywhere to deal with the strong people in each war. With that many powerful people on their side I would argue it is pretty probably that the collective of the RA army exceeds any one yonko. The issue, as with the marines, will be that the RA is spread out through the world.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wonder how strong the guys from the RA are. Obviously Sabo is pretty strong, without the DF, Kuma was also strong but I really wonder if it has more to do with his DF.But I was expecting Ivankov to be stronger than that...But if you think about it the only ones who could take on the marines are the RA, because of the number of fighters they have, they're also present all over the world so they can face the marines everywhere. Maybe the final battle will have the SHs and their allies and the RA,vs the Marines and the Shichibukai. Also since Akainu's goal is to get rid of the Shichibukai system I can see some of them join the fight against the WG.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not akainu's goal to get rid of the shichibukai as far as we know. Thats fujitora's and even then it will be a pretty difficult goal to realize. I doubt it will happen during the duration of the manga.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps he said that, but he's an admiral, and he must go according to the Fleet admiral's orders. So my guess is that Akainu somehow approves of that plan. Maybe Fujitora wants to act on his own and hide things from Akainu, but for something that big as getting rid of the Shichibukai system he must have Akainu's approval.The balance of power could shift from that, making the Marines weaker, as DD pointed out. Or maybe Issho wants to be the next fleet admiral. That would be a nice plot-twist.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My impression was that the disbanding shichibukai thing was issho's personal goal in the marines. Didn't he say it was one of his objectives when joining the marines? Fujitora is in a position of power but he alone will not be able to get rid of the shichibukai. He would need to influence people way up in the government for such a thing. From his position all he could do is provide evidence that the concept of shichibukai is in itself fundamentally flawed and monkeyshit stupid. Because it involves giving free range to a bunch of dangerous lunatics who will have no quarrels abusing the position.
    http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-...6-page-15.html

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast