Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: overly new and large role of the revolutionaries in the new world?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: overly new and large role of the revolutionaries in the new world?

Hmm we can't be sure of anything right now. Issho isn't your typical marine, so I can see him wanting to change the marines, something that not many have done. And his words about the WG are ambiguous.Btw this is clearly off topic, since we ended up discussing the marines more than the revolutionaries.
    I wonder if Dragon would show up in the second half of the manga, and interact with his son.I think it's bound to happen, if and when the RA ally themselves to the SHs when they reach Raftel, or maybe even before.I personally can't wait to see how strong he is, he could be stronger than Shanks and the other Yonko.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon has been called the most wanted man in the world since he was introduced so I would think his strength should match the title. He won't necessarily be the strongest but he does need at least an amount of power that would put him at least on par with the individual yonko and admirals and even above. He is a central figure in an army that is fighting the WG presumably on a global scale, he has to be insanely strong....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think most of people forgetting that marines r not main opponents of RA .RAs main opponents r WG and marines main opponents r pirates.

in last war RA, SH and others will fights WG (marines r part of WG)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amidaru312 View Post
    So I was thinking, we went through 580+ chapters without much words of revolutionaries or anything, then out of nowhere Oda decided to make the back story of luffy and ace to include sabo, who we now know just so happen to be #2 of the revolutionary....

then robin just so happen to coincidentally be sent to be with Dragon...

What do you think Oda purpose is?
    you had to know that this was coming. they are the number 1 enemies of the WG. luffy pops. it would have made no sense if luffy went rampaging through marineford, and in the future take down the admirals and not have the revolutionaries pop up or play a significant role.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

eventually luffy will have a run-in with the higher ups in the world gvmt including the dragons

so naturally we will see more of the revolutionaries in this half of the story as the proverbial shit hits the fan

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking that perhaps the next war won't be necessarily against the RA. Thinking about it oda has made the point that OP is not meant to be exceptionally deep or anything of the sort (even if there is a decent bit of social commentary). With that in mind rather than the next war being against the RA itself the RA will get involved in the war because of luffy. During the last war ivankov thought dragon would actually make an appearance in the war to save ace because he thought ace was luffy's blood brother. And even then, luffy going there was enough to make the likes of ivankov and inazuna actually go to the war. If luffy takes a central role during the next great conflict then it would not really be strange that the RA takes a stance alongside him. Heck, with robin being a strawhat there is even more reason for them to appear. That does not really show who exactly the next great war will be against though.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I am thinking that perhaps the next war won't be necessarily against the RA. Thinking about it oda has made the point that OP is not meant to be exceptionally deep or anything of the sort (even if there is a decent bit of social commentary). With that in mind rather than the next war being against the RA itself the RA will get involved in the war because of luffy. During the last war ivankov thought dragon would actually make an appearance in the war to save ace because he thought ace was luffy's blood brother. And even then, luffy going there was enough to make the likes of ivankov and inazuna actually go to the war. If luffy takes a central role during the next great conflict then it would not really be strange that the RA takes a stance alongside him. Heck, with robin being a strawhat there is even more reason for them to appear. That does not really show who exactly the next great war will be against though.
    well we know the clash between the revolutionaires and the world gvmt will eventually happen, i will agree that oda doesnt want to turn this into another war manga

however i also believe that he wants luffy to be the ultimate hero, even if it does happen in an accidental , right place right time kind of fashion, i am thinking someone else that luffy cares about will be harmed by a dragon or by the world gvmt and that will be the catalyst for him to do something extreme, like attack marie jois or something crazy like that. at which point he will either begin or help end, the final struggle between the revolutionairies and the world gvmt

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2