Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Growing Artist seeking Writer

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Growing Artist seeking Writer

---I found a partner! Thank you everyone!----
    Hello! I'm new to the website. You can call me DG or Kat.

I believe my art is decent and I would like to try to make a manga with someone.
    My DA is http://crimson-kit.deviantart.com/
    (The name is a little embarrassing; I was young -A-; )
    You'll notice I have an obsession with Naruto. Most of my art is for my RP group...

---
    Before we get into this this will just be a side project for fun! I can't afford to pay a writer.

I use digital tools rather than traditional and prefer shonen to shoujo in terms of style. Although, I'm at a point where I can switch between big shoujo eyes and a more shonen style. So I guess it depends on the story.

For a partner I'd prefer they not just give me a script. Actually, I probably won't accept just a script (sorry!). I would like the writer to provide me a 'name' (just a draft of what the manga would look like). Don't feel uncomfortable if you don't think you art is great even stick figures work! I just have a hard time reading the flow if it's in script form.

I'm not very imaginative when it comes to stories, unfortunately. I'll definitely try to provide input!

I'm even okay with doujinshi (as long as I'm familiar with the anime/manga).

I guess if anyone is willing to give it a shot you can message me on DA. If we work together we can post to inkblazers (as a team). We probably wouldn't update a chapter a week like professional mangaka but a few pages seems doable.

If I turn you down it's probably because I don't think I can do your story. I can't handle overly morbid themes. ;A;
    Last edited by darlingGrim; June 02, 2014 at 10:38 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Growing Artist seeking Writer

Just passing by to say that your art is pretty good indeed Hope you'll find a parter to bring you guys own characters alive soon! You can try to check other threads here, in order to see wich writers have been looking for an artist.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome art man!
    Really great!

If not for the last line with the morbid thing I'd have considered given it a try.
    Last edited by Beatrice; May 19, 2014 at 12:25 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of people around here are dying for a half decent artist, if no one messaged you yet, just PM one of the existing posts looking for artists. You're more than good enough for most of them.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!
    Sorry about the morbid comment. I'm bad with ... Seinen manga describes it best I think.
    I've always been more drawn to the Shonen hope inspiring manga (I'm a kid at heart). : D

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply