Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You're All Surrounded

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You're All Surrounded

Title: You're All Surrounded (Neoheedeuleun Powidwaetda, 너희들은 포위됐다 )
    Network: SBS
    Broadcast Period: May 7 - July 10, 2014
    Episodes: 20
    Genre: Action, comedy, romance
    Casts:
    Lee Seung Gi as Eun Dae Goo / Kim Ji Yong, Ahn Do Gyu as young Ji Yong
    Cha Seung Won as Seo Pan Suk
    Go Ah Ra as Uh Soo Sun, Ji Woo as young Soo Sun
    Ahn Jae Hyun as Park Tae Il
    Park Jung Min as Ji Gook
    Sung Ji Roo as Lee Eung Do
    Oh Yoon Ah as Kim Sa Kyung
    Im Won Hee as Cha Tae Ho
    Seo Yi Sook as Kang Suk Soon

Eun Dae Gu (Lee Seung Gi), Uh Soo Sun (Go Ah Ra), Park Tae Il (Ahn Jae Hyun) and Ji Gook (Park Jung Min) - otherwise known as the P4 - are the new recruits in the violent crime unit at Gangnam Police Station. These rookies are neither enthusiastic nor passionate about their new jobs and have joined the crime squad for varying but unbefitting reasons. They are led by an erratic and hot headed Seo Pan Suk (Cha Seung Won) who wants nothing more than to wash his hand off of the incompetent new recruits. You're All Surrounded follows the journey of these young cops as they fumble, learn, fall in love and find their way to becoming people the citizens can trust.

DramaWiki, AsianWiki
    Last edited by phio_chan; May 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You're All Surrounded

I'm loving this show!

Go Ah Ra is so funny as Uh Soo Sun and Seung Gi is great as Dae Gu...

I'm concerned about Detective Seo, I'm not so sure if he really is the bad guy, maybe he was working undercover to catch the big guys...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Go Ah Ra is so funny as Uh Soo Sun and Seung Gi is great as Dae Gu...
    Me too!

I read comments about how people didn't feel comfortable or connected to Go Ah Ra/Uh Soo Sun. I think she delivered the character well, given the way we saw her from the past story in first episode. It matched her personality and faces, and especially after watching her in Reply 1994, I think this role goes well with her. Of course I want to see some depth to it, mainly the reason she wanted to be a police/detective (I'll get sad if it's really only for the money).

Seung Gi-oppa is as and as usual. New kind of role, so happy to see him taking this. I'm waiting for the episode where he smiles, or maybe act so sweet and romantic like in King2Hearts or Brilliant Legacy..... I'll sure be dead by then.

I'm concerned about Detective Seo, I'm not so sure if he really is the bad guy, maybe he was working undercover to catch the big guys...
    Haha, very much. The biggest question as now. The preview of episode 4 is so interesting in this area.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Me too!

I read comments about how people didn't feel comfortable or connected to Go Ah Ra/Uh Soo Sun. I think she delivered the character well, given the way we saw her from the past story in first episode. It matched her personality and faces, and especially after watching her in Reply 1994, I think this role goes well with her. Of course I want to see some depth to it, mainly the reason she wanted to be a police/detective (I'll get sad if it's really only for the money).

Seung Gi-oppa is as and as usual. New kind of role, so happy to see him taking this. I'm waiting for the episode where he smiles, or maybe act so sweet and romantic like in King2Hearts or Brilliant Legacy..... I'll sure be dead by then.
    She totally matched the character! I'm loving to watch her. It would be cool if she decided to become a detective because of Ji Yong missing case

About Seung Gi's role, I guess Dae Goo will fall in love for Soo Sun... It would be great haha

Haha, very much. The biggest question as now. The preview of episode 4 is so interesting in this area.
    I usually don't watch the preview so I don't know what will happen in the episode 4. T.T

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, episode 4. How is it possible that I feel so sad in one scene, my eyes starting to get wet, and then laughed so hard on the next few minutes? It's ridiculous. I love this series so much. <3

The only strange thing is how Dae Gu is still on the team after that bunch of strange and offensive attitude...

She totally matched the character! I'm loving to watch her. It would be cool if she decided to become a detective because of Ji Yong missing case

About Seung Gi's role, I guess Dae Goo will fall in love for Soo Sun... It would be great haha
    Haha, her interest for him must've been so great to be the only reason for her to become a detective instead of a celebrity as she wished for. In episode 4 we knew a bit more, but still not enough. Still a long way to go, can't wait for more!

The series genre has romance in it, but I hope it won't dominate too much. It's fun and refreshing being like what it is. Although with Seung Gi-oppa, romance never fails. <3333333

I usually don't watch the preview so I don't know what will happen in the episode 4. T.T
    Watch it nooooooooooooooooow~!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, episode 4. How is it possible that I feel so sad in one scene, my eyes starting to get wet, and then laughed so hard on the next few minutes? It's ridiculous. I love this series so much. <3

The only strange thing is how Dae Gu is still on the team after that bunch of strange and offensive attitude...
    It's probably coz it was Detective Seo that started fighting and both were really nervous.

And it's the same here, I felt so sad in some scenes and a second after I was laughing so hard lol (dat scene where Soo Sun asked for Dae Gu to apologize and then everyone is jumping on the guy haha)

Haha, her interest for him must've been so great to be the only reason for her to become a detective instead of a celebrity as she wished for. In episode 4 we knew a bit more, but still not enough. Still a long way to go, can't wait for more!

The series genre has romance in it, but I hope it won't dominate too much. It's fun and refreshing being like what it is. Although with Seung Gi-oppa, romance never fails. <3333333

Watch it nooooooooooooooooow~!
    Well... maybe that was one of various reasons to her become a detective, but I guess that's one of them. I hope so lol

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably coz it was Detective Seo that started fighting and both were really nervous.

And it's the same here, I felt so sad in some scenes and a second after I was laughing so hard lol (dat scene where Soo Sun asked for Dae Gu to apologize and then everyone is jumping on the guy haha)
    I guess so. But still, to punch, strange, and call your team leader by name is just direct and serious offense, haha.

Yeah, that. It was especially sad since it seems tough for everyone, not just for Dae Gu. Poor puppies.

Well... maybe that was one of various reasons to her become a detective, but I guess that's one of them. I hope so lol
    I agree. Can't wait for the day when everyone finds out about Dae Gu's real identity!

---------- Post added May 19, 2014 at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was May 17, 2014 at 01:41 PM ----------

/blood boils in rage and happiness, confusion and denial

YAAS Episode 5 Preview

That one part is coming, I can tell. But that scene... What... did Soo Sun... I'm just-- I can't---

Last edited by phio_chan; May 19, 2014 at 09:20 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wooooooooooooooow, can't wait til the next episode!

YAAS is getting even better, it's a great surprise, I wasn't expecting this drama to be so good.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 is as cool as usual. Ehehehe. I'm growing to sympathize with Pan Seok. He has it rough being a detective, he wants to help here and there but unable to do so and eventually falls apart. His family story is just too tragic. That makes me want to believe that there is no way he is the bad guy from Dae Gu's past, but who knows. I have a feeling he was set up or deceived somehow, though. But he's also funny. The way he gives love to the rookies, the way he hides his smile and being proud of the rookies is just cute. <3

So much skinship this episode, lol. Looking forward for the day Dae Gu and Soo Sun become roommates!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 was great! I don't want to believe that Seo is a bad guy either... it seems like he is a good cop giving his best to achieve his goals. Now I'm a little concerned about Kim Sa Kyung, when she talked with Pan Seok on the elevator, he said that the guy who was in front of her door is "as old as her older sister's son". The name of Dae Gu/Kim Ji Yeong's mother was Kim Hwa-Young. I wonder if she actually is Dae Gu's aunt coz she's probably from masan as well since she had a child with Pan Seok and their son died 10 years ago (Dae Gu's case occurred 11 years ago so their son was already grown up and they lived together probably).

Maybe I'm just thinking too much lol. So many theories popping inside my head.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

And yeah, I know that "Kim" is the most commom surname in Korea lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Wooooooooooow, this episode 6 was the best! Can't wait to watch the next episode hahaha

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5 was great! I don't want to believe that Seo is a bad guy either... it seems like he is a good cop giving his best to achieve his goals. Now I'm a little concerned about Kim Sa Kyung, when she talked with Pan Seok on the elevator, he said that the guy who was in front of her door is "as old as her older sister's son". The name of Dae Gu/Kim Ji Yeong's mother was Kim Hwa-Young. I wonder if she actually is Dae Gu's aunt coz she's probably from masan as well since she had a child with Pan Seok and their son died 10 years ago (Dae Gu's case occurred 11 years ago so their son was already grown up and they lived together probably).

Maybe I'm just thinking too much lol. So many theories popping inside my head.
    LOL, take it easy, Spectrum. That sounds like jumping too far for me. Not impossible, but not probable either. I can't imagine Dae Gu wanted to still have relation to anybody from Masan. I bet even S is someone else, outsider, whom he trusted to such point where he could tell him/her everything. It's too dangerous to stay around those who know his past self with his current mission. As shown by the danger of Soo Sun knowing him as Ji Yong, just from the glasses.

Seriously, sometimes I'm frustrated by how mindless Korean drama sometimes is. If you want to stop someone from saying something while she is talking, and your hands are full to shut her mouth, I may go with stepping on her toes or just hit her with whatever I have on hand on that moment instead of kissing her. In front of my team leader. But that is a fan service, so yeah... I'm happy, but I just don't get the logic.

Oh, well. Episode 7 should be a fun one with this love love going around the air.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the first 6 episodes of YAS, since it was praised so much (here but other places as well). I have kidn of mixed feelings about it.
    Positive of course is the comedy, which is not outright hilarious but made me chuckle a few times here and there, the cast overall is convincing (surprised about Go Ara to be honest) and of course Cha Seung Won whose acting makes the others look like amateurs. His portrayal of a haunted police detective might be a bit clichéd but still touching while his backstory really is mysterious, pretty much the main reason i will continue watching the show, besides the murder mystery of course which, once revealed, will probably prove Seo´s innocence (for example he could have been blackmailed somehow) or show that he just made a mistake and otherwise is a really good guy.
    The main negative point is Lee Seungi Gi and basically everything about his character which leaves me totally apathetic. I know that he is famous for doing the rude and bratty thing in dramas but while it certainly worked in King2Hearts and partly in Nine Tailed Fox, here his character is simply annoying, not to forget his acting is poor as well + the way he behaves is completely illogical. I mean his highest priority is to find the killer and also prove that Seo is guilty and for that, a cooperative behavior is much more logical instead of making enemies everywhere.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Cha Seung Won rocks this series with his various expressions and character twists. I also enjoy watching him very much. As for Seung Gi and Dae Gu's character... I think the way Dae Gu is laid down is pretty natural. Sure there are some bumps here and there, but I don't think the actions are that much illogical. It seems to me as if he didn't originally plan to work directly under Pan Seok. And on top of everything I can hardly imagine if you can be in good terms with the main suspect of someone who destroys your life, even if you have to pretend about it. This is not the other type of revenge drama in which with a change of identity the approach differs too. It will be more effective to pretend to be friendly indeed, I guess, but this course of action is not too unnatural for me.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Cha Seung Won rocks this series with his various expressions and character twists. I also enjoy watching him very much. As for Seung Gi and Dae Gu's character... I think the way Dae Gu is laid down is pretty natural. Sure there are some bumps here and there, but I don't think the actions are that much illogical. It seems to me as if he didn't originally plan to work directly under Pan Seok. And on top of everything I can hardly imagine if you can be in good terms with the main suspect of someone who destroys your life, even if you have to pretend about it. This is not the other type of revenge drama in which with a change of identity the approach differs too. It will be more effective to pretend to be friendly indeed, I guess, but this course of action is not too unnatural for me.
    I would agree if Dae Gu would have spontaneously decided to target Seo and the people behind it but this investigation and revenge is 10 years in the making + he seems to have some kind accomplice/mentor, so that´s also another point that underlines how illogical his behavior is. Basically, he should be trying to keep a low profile while trying to spy on Seo but he is doing the exact opposite, not to forget his rude behavior does not any justification at all, just an annoying character.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I would agree if Dae Gu would have spontaneously decided to target Seo and the people behind it but this investigation and revenge is 10 years in the making + he seems to have some kind accomplice/mentor, so that´s also another point that underlines how illogical his behavior is. Basically, he should be trying to keep a low profile while trying to spy on Seo but he is doing the exact opposite, not to forget his rude behavior does not any justification at all, just an annoying character.
    Haha, yes, that is also true. I wonder if that is how he was raised? My imagination runs wild telling me that maybe he was "designed" that way by his mentor to cause ruckus to destroy himself and so that he can't move on with the case. I'm being so random, but anyway I get your point. Or maybe he is just too stressed after planning the whole thing for ten years.

Episode 7 seems quite interesting. I don't know if I want the romance to come kick in so fast around this time but I really hope it won't overshadow the main plot. Romance can wait. XD

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast