Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dark continent

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

dark continent

Does anyone think that the average strength of foes at the dark continent will be stronger than Meruem, or was he just an exception? I think it's bizarre that the story is shifting to a place where the chimera are apparently derived from when it took netero literally every morsel of life just to defeat him. Also, it felt like the zodiacs were around netero's level, or weaker, so how would they last on the dark continent?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: dark continent

The average? Definitely no. But I think it all depends to how Nen is used and viewed in this part of the world. The Queen didn't seem to know it and the RGs are exceptions, they got Nen because they have been fed with Nen users. So, excluding them the strongest Chimeras are Zazan, Leol etc. IMO they are a weak species in the DC but Ants from the DC must have better physical skills due to the nutriments, harsher environments etc. And if there are actually a King and RGs, they must be vastly superior to the ones we have seen.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HxH is no strength manga.
    Togahi wont just have everyone on the DC be stronger than their real world counterpart.

But on the DC, strange things can happen, stuff like alluka, that is my guess.

There must be a very good reason why humans keep the dc a secret and why it is so hard to enter.

I think there will be powerful species and monsters, but i would think that on a whole it is like on greed island.
    The environment is hostile, but there are also safe places.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the dark continent will be something like the jungle where you always have to be constant alert. A mosquito is weaker than a human but it can spread disease and kill them.

I'm thinking it's gonna be a lot like Swindler's Swamp. The strong don't necessarily survive
    if they're easily fooled. But you can't be weak either. The Dark Continent will require
    all the skills of a hunter. There is no "king" in the Dark Continent. Everything consumes
    everything. It will be a vicious cycle.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see more phantom troupe which is why I hope they go there to find a treasure or something.

I, too, think that Alluka is connected to the dark continent--which wouldn't be surprising considering the strange things the zoldycks have... like the dragon Zeno was using.

I hope gon explores nen a bit more, since I don't like his enhancer skills... for me it seems way too similar to yu yu hakusho, plus it is slow and looks lame in comparison to killua's lightening abilities.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Zeno's dragon probably comes from where they are. What is good is that Togashi will finally show the world of Mystical Beasts because it wasn't well explored. I guess he preferred to wait for the moments where he could introduce the most important ones, at this point we only know Kiriko, some little beasts from the Hunter Exam and Chimera ants, who live in the DC even if smaller ones can be found where they are. HXH started more like an adventure manga like this but the world seemed smaller because Gon's goal was to find his father, he just followed his steps, same for Kurapika's revenge. Now at least he will have his own goal.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to see HxH to become another strength manga where the levels of power become ridiculous. I'd be more than happy if Mereum and the RG are the last ones to be exceptionally powerful.

That said, I want to see more battles based on the way nen is used, tactical battles, and things like that. However, Beyond looks to be pretty strong, and he looks like he has a strong gang, so it'll be interesting to see what happens and how characters stack up. My speculation is that the dark continent arc will involve the Hunter Association and his group, as it appears the manga is set up to be. But we'll see.

The dark continent won't be a cake walk, but I definitely don't want the creatures or anyone else to get up to such epic strength proportions. Netero wasn't able to defeat Mereum without using the rose; and Netero was arguably one of the strongest hunters in the series (even though he passed his prime).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that HxH will go the shonen way about this with just having stronger enemies.

I mean, yes, there might be creatures of the calibre of Meruem on the Dark Continent, i would not rule that out, but if there are, the arc won't be arround defeating them but rather about accomplishing Goals and finding ways arround those creatures.

I am really thrilled about what togashi has to offer.

We can exspect the Tasks to be incredibly difficult.

I mean, he is sending in the whole zodiac, which are, at least on their fields, the top of the world.

This won't be watching poor dudes running into their terrible fait like on greed Island.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Does anyone think that the average strength of foes at the dark continent will be stronger than Meruem, or was he just an exception? I think it's bizarre that the story is shifting to a place where the chimera are apparently derived from when it took netero literally every morsel of life just to defeat him. Also, it felt like the zodiacs were around netero's level, or weaker, so how would they last on the dark continent?
    No way in hell. Meruem was the strongest nen user ever (especially post rose) ppl may be as strong as him like adult gon but not strgonger than him. If someone rg level showed up they would be a massive threat to gon and kite, anyone meruem level or stronger would just be overkill.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My only problem with the latest manga chapters is that the zodiac members and many other new characters look reallllly weird and remind me of One Piece, which I'm not a fan of really. Knuckle, Shoot, Knov, Morelle, etc all looked awesome, but these new ones look weird as hell.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    My only problem with the latest manga chapters is that the zodiac members and many other new characters look reallllly weird and remind me of One Piece, which I'm not a fan of really. Knuckle, Shoot, Knov, Morelle, etc all looked awesome, but these new ones look weird as hell.
    one piece???? WHAT! however I must admit I thought the cow zodiac was similar to Lucy's cow man (fairytail)

I actually liked the zodiac theme, however I do admit that it kind of ruined the power appeal, since they all looked weak; however, in reality, they are probably all monsters in terms of power.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of the phantom troupe side of the story, especially their personalities, looks, and powers. We will obviously see more of them, since we have seen kurapika's side for a long long time. Plus, I miss Hisoka and want to see his background, and maybe what he thinks of gon's strength level at the moment.

But yeah the whole chimera arc was a mistake in my opinion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the phantom troupe the most in the entire series lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

The zodiac seemed weak only because Hisoka said so. Hisoka is not your average Hunter. I think most of them are Morau level or so.
    Let's see how the Dark Continent arc unravels, I'm sure they would take lost of chapters before even going there, and then there's the voyage. He may even go back into the hiatus before we reach the Dark continent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antxon Kolokon View Post
    The zodiac seemed weak only because Hisoka said so. Hisoka is not your average Hunter. I think most of them are Morau level or so.
    Let's see how the Dark Continent arc unravels, I'm sure they would take lost of chapters before even going there, and then there's the voyage. He may even go back into the hiatus before we reach the Dark continent.
    When did he say they were weak?

If memory serves me correctly Ging is one of the top 5 nen users in the world... So they musn't be that weak

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    When did he say they were weak?

If memory serves me correctly Ging is one of the top 5 nen users in the world... So they musn't be that weak
    They were less worthy fighting tham Illumi was, and he clearly said it was a letdown. He didn't meet Gin though.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast