Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Bleach 582 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 582 Discussion / 583 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    It's kind of interesting that Ichigo is beginning this arc as a properly capable fighter. In the previous 3 he always began as someone who was fairly strong, but was getting his ass kicked all about the place before having to work his way up the villainy pecking order. This time he was already one of the few capable of beating a Sternritter, and that was before visiting the Royal Realm. I doubt he's a match for Yhwach yet, but he already seems to be above the Quincy elite except for the big ones. I'm still not sure it'll be too easy taking on 4 Sternritter at once, but then I don't think Ichigo's big arrival will be followed with him getting beaten, so... As for how the fight will go, I'm guessing Yhwach will interrupt just in time to spare Ichigo actually killing anyone.

I wonder where Ichigo is right now though. He's holding off 4 SR by himself right now, so he seems to be properly above Captain, but there's still a wide margin between Captain-class and the likes of Yama, Yhwach, Aizen, etc. I doubt Ichigo is a match for Yhwach now, in fact Yhwach will be even stronger than last time since 5 SR have 'returned' to him since, but Ichigo's definitely in the upper tiers now. I guess this fight might give us an indicator. I see a Royal Guard saving him in the future, but who knows.

The most interesting thing is Yhwach's plan and whatever Askin was talking about. Actually, Kubo seems to be making quite a big deal of Askin, I wonder if there's anything to it or if it's just because at least some of the SR have to be more than fodder. It's interesting, he was happy to let his SR kill of Zaraki and when Aizen refused him he just left him in Muken (where the hell is that guy right now, I wonder?), but Ichigo is the primary War Potential and obviously a lot more important to Yhwach. He launched the first assault early just because Ichigo was out of the way and is now mobilising specifically because of Ichigo's presence. Whatever his plan is, I just really hope Uryu isn't being used just as a pawn to get to Ichigo, this is the Quincy arc so I'd like the Quincy guy to not get overshadowed like every other one of Ichigo's friends usually do. Even last arc where we finally found out Chad's deal, I can't even remember what Chad did in the end of it all.

Yhwach did say Uryu had something that could one day surpass his own power and I'm tempted to think he wasn't lying. If it's true, it would be grounds for Uryu to be another SWP. Anyway I can't wait for Ichigo to see him standing there next to the big bad. Maybe this will be where Yhwach makes Uryu prove his strength and hell, I'd like to see Uryu kicking Ichigo's ass, not because I don't like Ichigo, just that like I said I don't want Uryu to be made an idiot of in this arc.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Actually me too. I still think it's suspicious that no Espada was actually confirmed to be one and I'm not sure I'd count an ambiguous offhand remark in an interview or a filler episode as confirmation. Plus, given that VLs are supposed to be inherently superior to Captains, the Espada power levels don't add up. And since Captain-class is quickly becoming obsolete in this arc, something as strong as a VL is supposed to be would kind of make sense to come in now. But I'm not exactly keeping my fingers crossed, it would just be cool to get some payoff for all that hype.
    kinda obvious... Ichigo is a vasto lorde.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    He can't be. A Vasto Lorde is a type of hollow (one that has consumed hundreds possibly thousands of other hollows to grow in power)... it's not a power level. He can have a power level greater than or comparable to that of a Vasto Lorde but he himself can't be be one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    He can't be. A Vasto Lorde is a type of hollow (one that has consumed hundreds possibly thousands of other hollows to grow in power)... it's not a power level. He can have a power level greater than or comparable to that of a Vasto Lorde but he himself can't be be one.
    well by that definition wouldnt all the arrancar with numbers be vasto lords?

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well by that definition wouldnt all the arrancar with numbers be vasto lords?
    Hmm...let's reword what I said a bit. It denotes a type of hollow as well as a power level. It is the strongest and rarest type of pure hollow.

I believe it was said in an interview or whatever that most of the Espadas were Vasto Lordes...personally only Stark and Barragon were worth anything.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Starrk was a Vasto Lorde if IRC from an interview with Kubo.

It was a long time ago so I could be wrong.
    Burn to ashes, then rise again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, as Cracker said, he can't be. A VL is a Menos, Ichigo isn't even a Hollow. Having Hollow powers doesn't make him one. A VL is a Gillian that's evolved into and Adjuchas and evolved once more. That form Ichigo killed Ulquiorra in is probably exactly what a VL looks like, if that's what you were referring to, but it wasn't a VL by definition.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Only Starrk was a Vasto Lorde if IRC from an interview with Kubo.

It was a long time ago so I could be wrong.
    But that's what I don't get. Why would he say it in an interview and not say it in the manga? It would have been simple enough to have Aizen actually refer to any of them as Vasto Lordes or something, yet Kubo's basically refused to put the statement "x is a Vasto Lorde" on the pages. Seems odd to me.

Eh. As I said, it's not something of huge importance to me or anything, I'm finding the Quincy interesting enough. Just have my doubts about the whole VL thing.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe Kubo has ever stated who was and wasn't a Vasto Lorde, in interviews or otherwise. The last Databook claims that a majority of the Espada were Vasto Lorde, but doesn't mention who. The anime flat out stated Harribel was one with her flashback. Ulquiorra shared the silhouette of the Vasto Lorde in Hitsugaya's description. Barragan was obviously a human skeleton. So I'm pretty sure 4 and up were Vasto Lorde. It get's murky around Nnoitra, who could be either or.

I've resigned to the fact that Kubo has shown his hand with the Vasto Lorde. They are done and over with. It's now the Quincys time, which I don't mind, but they are kinda scatter shot in terms of development. I guess because we haven't really spent as much time with them as we did with the Espada.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I don't believe Kubo has ever stated who was and wasn't a Vasto Lorde, in interviews or otherwise. The last Databook claims that a majority of the Espada were Vasto Lorde, but doesn't mention who. The anime flat out stated Harribel was one with her flashback. Ulquiorra shared the silhouette of the Vasto Lorde in Hitsugaya's description. Barragan was obviously a human skeleton. So I'm pretty sure 4 and up were Vasto Lorde. It get's murky around Nnoitra, who could be either or.

I've resigned to the fact that Kubo has shown his hand with the Vasto Lorde. They are done and over with. It's now the Quincys time, which I don't mind, but they are kinda scatter shot in terms of development. I guess because we haven't really spent as much time with them as we did with the Espada.
    Yammi was a Vasto Lorde?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post

Yeah I agree. I don't even remember if I read that "interview" correctly all those years ago, so I am most probably wrong in my statement of Kubo proclaiming Starrk as VL. I do, however, agree with you that the top tier Espada, namely the top 4, were probably VL seeing as how they were so powerful.

But then again, yes I agree with you that the VL's time is over and it's all about the Quincy now, and in all honesty, I'm almost certain that one of these Sternritters could decimate a VL. Well, maybe not decimate but easily take out one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Yammi was a Vasto Lorde?
    eefrit doesn't even mention Yammy so I don't know why you're bringing him up.
    Burn to ashes, then rise again.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think VLs have anything to do with the current chapter, you can state your opinions in relevant threads such as this one.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, back to the Quincy...

I've been wondering if the "choice" Askin was referring to is anything to do with Yhwach's successor. He's already declared Uryu the successor in front of all his subordinates, but Askin and Haschwalth seem pretty certain Haschwalth is the real heir and Uryu's just being used, which makes sense to me given the creepy 'Mask of the Ruler' connection Yhwach and Haschwalth seem to have. That said, I don't think Yhwach was lying about something making Uryu special. In the Memories in the Rain volume his grandmother was shown to have a Hollow scar, so I wonder if that's something to do with it. In any case, Uryu's evidently important enough to Yhwach that he wants him around. With him taking Uryu and Haschwalth to meet Ichigo (assuming that's where they're going) it seems that Yhwach's 3 key pawns are going to be together for the first time and maybe they're all potential heirs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

If he shows up in the next chapter or just on the last page (Kubo-pacing)
    Otherwise I suspect that we will see just Ichigo´s fight with the femritters and/or some portion of the fight between Bazz-B and Shinji/Momo...
    SO the real question for the next chapter is... will the femritters either be spared or killed by Ywach for failing when Ichigo defeats them?
    (Thinking back on Cang du and BG9´s failure against their opponents and knowing Ichigo, he will probably spare them.)
    Meaning that the femritters might be offed by Ywach on the last page as they "failed" to kill Ichigo.
    Powering him up with four more letters before the confrontation.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    If he shows up in the next chapter or just on the last page (Kubo-pacing)
    Otherwise I suspect that we will see just Ichigo´s fight with the femritters and/or some portion of the fight between Bazz-B and Shinji/Momo...
    SO the real question for the next chapter is... will the femritters either be spared or killed by Ywach for failing when Ichigo defeats them?
    (Thinking back on Cang du and BG9´s failure against their opponents and knowing Ichigo, he will probably spare them.)
    Meaning that the femritters might be offed by Ywach on the last page as they "failed" to kill Ichigo.
    Powering him up with four more letters before the confrontation.
    Ywach could off them to get power but the last time he punished SR he called Juguram back from his fight with Shunsui so probably it depends on Haschwalt(Kubo) to measure their usefulness and then decide if the Letters are of more use in SR or back with Ywach. That's my guess about Haschwalt having some kind of precognition with his Balance.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

ithink the femritters dont stand a chance. ichigo ilthe strongest combatant currently innthe game. unless the sternritter bring hax like gremmy, i dont see them being a threath. unless ywach has some sternritter hiding that are off the charts as well, an espada 2.0. but without that, i cant see anyone but yqach, uryuu, hachwaltz or full hax mode sternritterd be a danger to ichigo directly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 582 Discussion

According to BadKarma and Viz, Askin wonders if he will be chosen or not, rather than if he will choose. R.I.P. "the Decision" theory. No. Burn in hell, "the Decision" theory!

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9