Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 342 Discussion/ 343 Predictions

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 342 Discussion/ 343 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by •Sasuke• View Post
    bad ones? Don't think so.
    It's really clear.
    i have it for 341 and trust me is like reading a total different manga.
    All make sense in that translation.
    The 2 guys at the beginning are working for a company that analize "worldwide travel".
    They make an index of each nation's safety...
    A special unit of that "company" is in charge of the permissions to go to the DC (basically they have to turn down every request).
    The V5 was formed to stop people to go to the DC (for his "threats" -> ms calamity).
    Kakin not only opened the trip for everyone but every permission are motivated with colonization and not for sightseeing.
    The V5 formed a special team to explore the DC (one of the team's leader was Beyond). Those missions were hidden from the H.A.
    BeyondNetero take inesplorate routes and lot of people were killed. Every time they go to the DC they have brought back a threats.
    Netero forbid his son to go to the DC. And made a taboo for the HA (They weren't allowed to set foot there).
    Then, after asking to the HA to beat his son in the "conquest" of the DC, the zodiac's members start discussing the issue.
    The problem is that some members don't want to hunt netero's son.
    But then Beyond shows up....
    Even the calamity-threats are better described.
    They seems to be parasite-toxic life form.
    Ai seems to be related with Nanika...
    Pap is a beast that controls people (making them his puppet - like illumi!?).
    Hellbell makes people like killer machine.
    Zobae gives people the illusion of the immortality but bring them into desperation turning them into zombies.
    The last one is a sphere protecting some ancient ruin.

Don't ask me to send the chapter i can't do it.
    You misunderstood. It's not that I think Viz's translation is a bad one, it's the other ones that are.

And lol. My poor summer child.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ging will not fight Partison, since right now I think he is just flaunting his epic nen powers as a warning.

I want togashi to swing back to gon so we can get some sort of closure as to what his fighting status is, and who will be his new teacher. No way in hell will Ging spend time to teach his son, since he is super selfish and lazy. lol

Gon needs upgrade his jajaken since it has too many flaws.

By the way, shouldn't gon receive a star or something for the chimera battle?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree, all the no star rookies (Gon, Killua, Shoot, Knuckle, Palm) honestly deserve some big recognition from the Hunter committee.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hell no's Avatar
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

nekroturkey has uploaded the viz version of chapter 342:

http://www.narutoforums.com/showthre...927380&page=78

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So, Cheadle wants the help of all the Association? That's great. Hisoka will surely join them but it is even possible for the Troupe to be interested and participate thanks Shalnark.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It's unbelievable how Viz clarify these chapters. Congratz to them, I'll be sure to grab my copy as soon as possible.

And now I kind of wonder how Cheadle will handle this. Because the whole Association is involved, yes, but I doubt She'll leave the association alone. Someone should stay. So it will be handpicked or by raffle.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some doubt there so I looked it up, the raw uses the expression "協会の総力 kyoukai no souryoku" which means "the association's total energy/efforts", doesn't seem enough to say all the members will participate... maybe the translator took a bit too much liberty there

The translation DOES clarify a lot of things to me too, but there still seems to be some information loss...

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JijiHunter View Post
    I had some doubt there so I looked it up, the raw uses the expression "協会の総力 kyoukai no souryoku" which means "the association's total energy/efforts", doesn't seem enough to say all the members will participate... maybe the translator took a bit too much liberty there

The translation DOES clarify a lot of things to me too, but there still seems to be some information loss...
    Well, if the Association needs to do its best, it means the help of Hunters other than the Zodiacs will be needed. Beyond will accept anyone wanting to join anyway.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My impression is that there was little real information loss. Togashi just isn't explaining everything immediately. But I think that Viz tends to phrase things tersely to fit in bubbles comfortably, which changes the tone of what characters are saying. Like how the V5 leader's aide thinks "Read the files!" in Viz's TL, but a more accurate translation might be "How about you read the documents a little?" (raw: 少しは資料を読んできてくれよ).

I'd translate parts of the last 2 pages differently from Viz, though:
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Well, if the Association needs to do its best, it means the help of Hunters other than the Zodiacs will be needed. Beyond will accept anyone wanting to join anyway.
    Kakin and Beyond were accepting anyone who came in order to put pressure on the V5 to negotiate with Kakin. Ordinary people will secretly be sent to live on uninhabited islands, but that doesn't mean the fake expedition is limited to them. Even if someone's a talented nen user, Kakin might still decide to only "accept" them for the fake expedition (or rather, only let them play the supposedly 1/1,300 lottery to be accepted for the fake expedition).

Between the Hunters Association--which, as far as I can tell, has no clear limits from the V5 on who they can recruit to help them on this mission--and Kakin, it seems to me like the expedition could be really huge if Togashi wanted it to be. Or he might restrict it to Pariston's group, the Zodiacs, and a couple of others like probably Gon and Killua. We'll see eventually... I get the feeling it's going to be a while before the expedition actually sets off.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole time I thought Ging was telling Pariston to send in 5000 Chimera to the
    Dark Continent but now it looks more like that's what Pariston was planning
    and Ging figured it out.

So then does this mean we WON'T see the 5000 Chimera in the Dark Continent?

I still want to see what becomes of those 5000 Chimeras.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    This whole time I thought Ging was telling Pariston to send in 5000 Chimera to the
    Dark Continent but now it looks more like that's what Pariston was planning
    and Ging figured it out.

So then does this mean we WON'T see the 5000 Chimera in the Dark Continent?

I still want to see what becomes of those 5000 Chimeras.
    They obviously should be exterminated immediately. However, I think the chimera ants will be sent to the Dark Continent, since that is where they were derived from in the first place.

I don't understand why Ging quit being apart of the zodiacs, since it seems like they are going to the dark continent anyways.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

What I couldn't understand was the meaning of Pariston's supposed dilemma: if it was going to be throughout the world if the H.A. WENT along with Beyond, then wouldn't it be more expected that they'd refuse so that the association would take the hit for humanity?

For a moment I thought "what if it was an individual trap from Pariston to lure Ging into (falling volontarily for the trap and) joining team Beyond?" since it doesn't seem that the HA is aware of that particular double threat, which would also explain the choice of going along with Beyond despite it being seemingly the choice with the worst repercutions (humanity has to be more important than their international status)... But then Pariston seemed too surprised when Ging arrived for that to be the case

Maybe there's no bigger meaning behind this dilemma part, maybe it's just trolling in its most primitive form and the HA just wasn't aware of it... I think I just gave myself a headache over nothing!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myopius View Post
    Kakin and Beyond were accepting anyone who came in order to put pressure on the V5 to negotiate with Kakin. Ordinary people will secretly be sent to live on uninhabited islands, but that doesn't mean the fake expedition is limited to them. Even if someone's a talented nen user, Kakin might still decide to only "accept" them for the fake expedition (or rather, only let them play the supposedly 1/1,300 lottery to be accepted for the fake expedition).

Between the Hunters Association--which, as far as I can tell, has no clear limits from the V5 on who they can recruit to help them on this mission--and Kakin, it seems to me like the expedition could be really huge if Togashi wanted it to be. Or he might restrict it to Pariston's group, the Zodiacs, and a couple of others like probably Gon and Killua. We'll see eventually... I get the feeling it's going to be a while before the expedition actually sets off.
    A lot of persons will die soon IMO. Too many new characters , even if he abandons the citizen, the 14 princes and Hoicoro will definitely stay with him unless that lie with the 6th continent was included in their deal. With the conditions approved by both parties, I wonder what will be the focus in the next chapter, it would be good to know the reactions of the other Hunters concerning this.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    They obviously should be exterminated immediately.
    Obviously??

What I couldn't understand was the meaning of Pariston's supposed dilemma: if it was going to be throughout the world if the H.A. WENT along with Beyond, then wouldn't it be more expected that they'd refuse so that the association would take the hit for humanity?
    The dilemma is simple: Woul you rather send the Chimeras to a voyage to the DC or deal military with them since that was the other option to avoid that trip.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Obviously??

The dilemma is simple: Woul you rather send the Chimeras to a voyage to the DC or deal military with them since that was the other option to avoid that trip.
    Look how much damage the chimera ants caused in a small area like NGL?? imagine an entire continent of those ants spreading, adapting, and having the weird abilities of Dark continent. Imagine a nanika in someone like Mereum? scary~

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast