Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eren's murderous tendencies

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren's murderous tendencies

Am I the only one around here that finds the fact that a 9 year old boy was able to kill two grown men very scary? I'm not talking about the difference in physique between two grown men and a kid, but the fact that Eren was mentally capable of such an act.

Kids are known to be especially cruel at times, because they do not think of the consequences their acts have, but Eren's acts make me seriously question the way he was brought up by his parents. Do 9 year olds even know what human trafficking is?
    Last edited by TheOwl; May 25, 2014 at 03:12 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eren's murderous tendencies

I think he let explode his frustration. Even as a child he was the only one thinking seriously to win against Titans. You need to have some maturity to think about things like that IMO. And, creepy children do exist IRL .

For him these guys weren't even human. They were trash.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but still, we're talking about a 9 or 10 year old who clearly had a plan to kill these Slave Traders violently and in cold blood.

While I have no sympathy for the MP, I do agree with Nile on questioning this.

Ain't a matter of not thinking of consequences due to Age, maturity or just being naive not knowing what he does but doing so in cold blood without hesitation as a plan as if it's the most normal thing to do in the world.
    Last edited by Beatrice; May 26, 2014 at 06:40 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Erens parents seems like they really care about him. His father was rather shocked at Erens actions, and his mother isn't too fond of his violent outburst. Ok, his father was more worried about Eren nearly getting killed, than y'know, killing 2 people, and talking an innocent girl into killing another one. (Dad of the year?)
    I don't see how you can raise a kid to be like that. Everyone else seems to have a decent grasp at what's right or wrong.
    Ok, except those other 3 kids, but their actions were not of their own choice, and was more forced on them.

Maybe he was just bullied a lot as a kid, and that may be why he was so unfazed about his violent behaviors.
    I was bullied as a kid, and I was prone to a few outburst. One was especially violent, but I've grown out of it since then thankfully. I thank bunnies for making me a much more calm person.
    Eren needs a bunny too.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    Erens parents seems like they really care about him. His father was rather shocked at Erens actions, and his mother isn't too fond of his violent outburst. Ok, his father was more worried about Eren nearly getting killed, than y'know, killing 2 people, and talking an innocent girl into killing another one. (Dad of the year?)
    Go talk with Gendo and Hohenheim about the dad of the year. I think there is a comic with the three best dads you could expect in anime going to Hawai or something.

And Mikasa, the epitome of a yandere, an innocent girl?
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I think he let explode his frustration. Even as a child he was the only one thinking seriously to win against Titans. You need to have some maturity to think about things like that IMO. And, creepy children do exist IRL .

For him these guys weren't even human. They were trash.
    He was frustrated, but the way he planned and acted so he could catch the kidnappers by surprise, makes Eren's murder a premeditated one. That is way beyond creepy.

Quote Quote:
    I don't see how you can raise a kid to be like that. Everyone else seems to have a decent grasp at what's right or wrong.
    Ok, except those other 3 kids, but their actions were not of their own choice, and was more forced on them.

Maybe he was just bullied a lot as a kid, and that may be why he was so unfazed about his violent behaviors.
    I was bullied as a kid, and I was prone to a few outburst. One was especially violent, but I've grown out of it since then thankfully. I thank bunnies for making me a much more calm person.
    Eren needs a bunny too.
    Well, when a relative gets into a life and death situation, you tend to be worried more about his/her safety rather than his/her sanity. The latter comes afterwards. Armin was the bullied one though, Eren just got beat up for trying to protect him, which is almost as bad, I guess. As a former victim of bullying I used to be prone to outbursts too, but I never tried to do anything close to murder. I don't think bunnies will do any good though. Nothing short of revenge will calm Eren down.

Quote Quote:
    Before her first kill, she was one indeed.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Super Sonic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Am I the only one around here that finds the fact that a 9 year old boy was able to kill two grown men very scary? I'm not talking about the difference in physique between two grown men and a kid, but the fact that Eren was mentally capable of such an act.

Kids are known to be especially cruel at times, because they do not think of the consequences their acts have, but Eren's acts make me seriously question the way he was brought up by his parents. Do 9 year olds even know what human trafficking is?
    Different times, different circumstances and different values.

It is not the act but the reason behind any act that determines whether you could be labeled as dangerous to others and, sometimes, to who.

Eren is not a murderer or has murderous intent. He saw a friend of his in trouble by people who had absolutely no regard for her life.

What was he supposed to do? Say, "Bad, bad, bad! If you do it again, you'll turn into a rat".

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pointing it out OP.

Without big interpretations i think it's to flesh out
    Erens character his determination it's truly unusual behavior
    because most people flee from a fight it's even more true
    if the odds are against them and if the have no proper training.
    Eren on the other hand seeks the fight rushes straight at the enemy
    frequently fought with bullies.
    He helped Mikasa like she'd been his sister all along and before
    that he got into fights for Armin.

Quote Quote:
    What was he supposed to do? Say, "Bad, bad, bad! If you do it again, you'll turn into a rat".
    No but ordinary things would have been running away to get help from his
    father or anyone he can get hold of or to hide and watch in terror,
    not going in there like a little Commando.

If you want big interpretations however:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Super Sonic's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    Thanks for pointing it out OP.

Without big interpretations i think it's to flesh out
    Erens character his determination it's truly unusual behavior
    because most people flee from a fight it's even more true
    if the odds are against them and if the have no proper training.
    Eren on the other hand seeks the fight rushes straight at the enemy
    frequently fought with bullies.
    He helped Mikasa like she'd been his sister all along and before
    that he got into fights for Armin.

No but ordinary things would have been running away to get help from his
    father or anyone he can get hold of or to hide and watch in terror,
    not going in there like a little Commando.

If you want big interpretations however:
    Spoiler show
    Trust me...in a life-or-death situation, you are either scared shitless and end up being a casualty, luck is against you and you end up being a casualty or you man up and say, "It's me or him/her" and do the deed.

That doesn't make you a murderer.

As for the rest, it can't be possible on Eren's case. After all, he was born naturally. He wasn't roaming outside the walls in some "past life".

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude, none of that matters.We're talking about a Child killing in cold blood.Environment?Yeah if he grew up among a band of Bandits.Times?Doesn't explain why it's only him.Circumstances?Any normal Kid would gtfo instead of butchering these guys down.

Quote Quote:
    Mikasa is no Yandere.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Dude, none of that matters.We're talking about a Child killing in cold blood.Environment?Yeah if he grew up among a band of Bandits.Times?Doesn't explain why it's only him.Circumstances?Any normal Kid would gtfo instead of butchering these guys down.
    There might be more to Eren's childhood than we were shown. His father or maybe someone he knew long ago made him like that. Maybe Coordinate powers made him like that.

Also, I wonder how Carla reacted when she found out about this whole incident.
    "Eren, if you ever do it again, you'll have to clean the blood up yourself."

"Also, we only have 2 beds in this house"
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    That doesn't make you a murderer.
    I agree on that but seeing a murder scene then killing
    the murderers and almost getting killed yourself
    then just shrugging it off by saying that the weren't human.

That's something I would expect from Watchmen's Rohrschach
    a fanatic (SS Man) or a cop working in a really bad enviroment
    who has gone cynic but a ~10 year old boy who from what
    we know seems to have grown up in a rural area with
    decent parents that's just way off scale...

Quote Quote:
    As for the rest, it can't be possible on Eren's case. After all, he was born naturally.
    Do we? From what i get he could have adopted him or experimented on him.
    Even if we see Carla with him in her childbed i'd be reluctant to claim him he's all natural.

Quote Quote:
    Also, I wonder how Carla reacted when she found out about this whole incident.
    First she was like:
    Spoiler show

but then:
    Spoiler show

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Grisha would have experimented on Eren, but being a doctor, he would not have time for Eren, as much a father with another job would. Parental neglect would be a good guess, but then again, from what little we have seen, Eren seemed to have a good relationship with his father.

Karla could have had any kind of reaction varying from yelling and maybe slapping Eren, to breaking down in tears and hugging him while telling him that everything would be alright and Eren would never have to experience the same thing again. As I have said before, I'm no parent, so I don't know how I would've reacted if my hypothetical 9 year old son would kill to save somebody else.

Eren did the most logical thing, there's no questioning it. And to do the most logical thing is not the same as doing the right thing, quite the opposite, in fact. Had he waited for the MP and Grisha the traffickers would've escaped. Most 9 year olds would've crapped their pants, cried and accomplished nothing. The rest would've called for help and probably let the traffickers escape.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It's funny cause Mikasa was perfectly normal back then the frightened
    child who could barely comprehend what just happened.

Some people even argue that Eren used his coordinate ability
    to help her muster up the courage to save his ass - no fan of that.
    His behavior/speech back then had a huge impact on her pov
    making her a harder person combined with her love interest being
    exposed to danger pretty much all the time it's no wonder people
    deem her yandere but i agree with Beatrice she isn't one.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think that Grisha would have experimented on Eren
    But he did gave him the injection that presumably made him a shifter+coordinate.
    He didn't use it on himself - could he not? Or did he think he did him a favor?

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post

But he did gave him the injection that presumably made him a shifter+coordinate.
    He didn't use it on himself - could he not? Or did he think he did him a favor?
    If Grisha knew that the injection would work, it doesn't count as experimenting. As much as many of us would think it's cool to be able to transform into a 15 meter humanoid monster with no genitalia and a healing factor, I don't think that Grisha was doing Eren a favor. He was dumping a huge responsibility on him. As for why he did not use it on himself... who knows?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast