Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Public Service Announcement

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Public Service Announcement

    "Allow me to Reintroduce myself, My name is NICO... N-to-the-I C O"

    Lol idk how many of y'all got that intro but for those who did as you can tell Im a big Jay Z fan.

    Im pretty new on this forum but am interested in being more active whenever I get the chance. Right now I just finished up my undergrad degree and trying to go to grad school right now so my schedule is always hectic.

    I enjoy manga and anime, especially anything supernatural/fantasy. Currently the ongoing manga I follow: Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Nanatsu No Taizai, Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter, Magi... and Im sure there is more just can't think of any atm. Im always interested in finding new things to read or watch in downtime.

    So yeah hit me up whenever Im always down for discussions on just about about anything!!!

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Nico Nico Ni~



    Welcome onboard, Nico! Am I imagining things or were you on IRC last night? I had a 38-degree fever and barely remember saying "Night~" in chat xD

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Welcome on board~

    Enjoy your stay!

  6. #4
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Thanks all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nico Nico Ni~



    Welcome onboard, Nico! Am I imagining things or were you on IRC last night? I had a 38-degree fever and barely remember saying "Night~" in chat xD
    Lol nah I wasn't that mustve been some fever tho. Hope you're better

  7. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    Lol nah I wasn't that mustve been some fever tho. Hope you're better
    Thank you, I'm better now (=

    And lol, then, someone else was saying good night to me, I see

  8. #6
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Finally!

    Jay-Z fan, huh? favourite album? and what did you make of the Solange-gate incident?

  9. #7
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Well its always hard to rank his which album is my favorite, my fav three are Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and Black Album. If I absolutely had to choose ONE, it'd probably be Reasonable Doubt just because that was Jay in raw form at his finest and most hungry form.

    As for Solange... she need to stay in her lane. Jay too much of a G to be worry about what ish she spout when drunk. Im so glad he didnt go upside her head cuz it shows how laid back/chill and respectful he is to his sis-in-law even tho she would've deserved getting a good slap in the face.

  10. #8
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    A new spam ground! I mean moderator thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    I enjoy manga and anime, especially anything supernatural/fantasy. Currently the ongoing manga I follow: Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Nanatsu No Taizai, Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter, Magi... and Im sure there is more just can't think of any atm. Im always interested in finding new things to read or watch in downtime.
    I already like you.

    Any favourite Anime too?

  11. #9
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Im actually pretty behind on anime atm, still have a couple of HxH episodes to catch up on and still have most of Magi season 2 to watch. Then i havent even started on Attack on Titan.

    But i cant wait til Akame ga Kill anime starts, its one of my fav mangas atm!!!

  12. #10
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    Im actually pretty behind on anime atm, still have a couple of HxH episodes to catch up on and still have most of Magi season 2 to watch. Then i havent even started on Attack on Titan.

    But i cant wait til Akame ga Kill anime starts, its one of my fav mangas atm!!!
    I guess you didn't have much time huh?

    You should also watch Kill la Kill and No Game No Life.
    Are you watching other stuff too? Like comic adaptions?

    Is it that good? I just saw the girl on the cover and thought, that is something I have to watch... x'D

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #11
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Yeah I keep hearing about Kill La Kill so thats another I gotta add on my list. This week is like the first time Ill be off in a while so I plan on marathoning everything lol.

    Well Im a DC Comics guy so anything related to that Ive pretty much watched. Thats not to say I don't like Marvel though, just prefer DC characters more.

    And you should definitely check it out its one of the best ongoing shonens imo. It has lots of action but also its fair share of tragedy... so pretty much like the shonen version of Game of Thrones in terms of the author isn't afraid to get rid of any character at any given moment.

  15. #12
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    Well its always hard to rank his which album is my favorite, my fav three are Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and Black Album. If I absolutely had to choose ONE, it'd probably be Reasonable Doubt just because that was Jay in raw form at his finest and most hungry form.

    As for Solange... she need to stay in her lane. Jay too much of a G to be worry about what ish she spout when drunk. Im so glad he didnt go upside her head cuz it shows how laid back/chill and respectful he is to his sis-in-law even tho she would've deserved getting a good slap in the face.
    I agree its quite difficult to choose between Jay's albums, which is why I just wanted to gauge your opinion. I don't even think I can disagree with that; I really did enjoy Black Album though.

    The thing is, the whole situation is funny because its Solange being the attacker, but had it been Jay, it would've been all over the papers and stuff. He did well to keep his composure and himself removed. Though there were a few moments there where you felt he was taunting her a bit.
    Beyonce on the other hand did nothing to help the situation until the bouncers got involved. It was almost as if she wasn't there. She should've intervened between them as soon as it began.

  16. #13
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico Brown View Post
    Yeah I keep hearing about Kill La Kill so thats another I gotta add on my list. This week is like the first time Ill be off in a while so I plan on marathoning everything lol.

    Well Im a DC Comics guy so anything related to that Ive pretty much watched. Thats not to say I don't like Marvel though, just prefer DC characters more.

    And you should definitely check it out its one of the best ongoing shonens imo. It has lots of action but also its fair share of tragedy... so pretty much like the shonen version of Game of Thrones in terms of the author isn't afraid to get rid of any character at any given moment.
    Woah I hope you have a lot of time then. Watch all the Anime yo can find.

    Are you watching Arrow?

    Well I will watch the Anime next season. If I really like it, I'll read the Manga eventually.

  17. #14
    MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Yeah I watch Arrow, one of my favorite shows. I was a huge Smallville fan too, the good and the bad.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #15
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Public Service Announcement

    Great to find another Arrow fan here.
    Will you watch The Flash too?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts