Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Irie have Asura no Shindou?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Irie have Asura no Shindou?

We know that Irie naturally has off the charts (well, greater than 5) speed, mental, and technique.

However, in the match against Akiba, Irie hits a shot that seems to surpass what we would normally be able to see out of him. After that, there's a different "air" about Irie, similar to what Kazuya displays here.

While perhaps just Konomi's drawing style, you can draw comparisons between the two shots. http://www.mangapanda.com/new-prince-of-tennis/63/8 vs http://www.mangapanda.com/new-prince-of-tennis/118/5

Irie's normal tennis certainly wouldn't be enough to KO someone, like Irie has done here to Akiba.

In conclusion, I'm theorizing that the above pages reveal that Irie's trump card, the thing which actually makes him a G10-level singles player, is Asura no Shindou.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Irie have Asura no Shindou?

Good question. I was thinking that both Irie and Oni know how to access it since they both taught Tokugawa how to use it. Unless they know the theory behind it but never used it. I also thought both of them knew how to use Black Hole but didn't have the body physique to use it.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread.
    I've always been bothered by Irie and I hate discussing him but this is a good idea.
    I think Irie has been hiding a lot though. The Coach said he is even hiding his stamina so its likely his stamina is fairly decent.
    In terms of Asura no Shindou, I'm definitely open to this. Since no matter which way you look at it, Irie cannot put Akiba to sleep with the stats he has without using some kind of trick to his tennis like a Power Play move or Yips.

I assumed Oni knows how to use the move Black Hole but doesn't carry the physique to fully utilize it, whilst Tokugawa does.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an amazing theory Frosty. I mean, Irie certainly doesn't have the stats for KOing somebody like Akiba unless he goes beyond what his stats chart suggest. Both scenarios look pretty similar, with both Irie and Tokugawa hitting a very fast shot and the sudden change in the atmosphere.

Because he also trained Tokugawa, I'm sure Kazuya learned Asura no Shindou thanks to Oni and Irie and probably the latter entrusted all of his knowledge and skills to Tokugawa like Oni did.

Not only Asura, but I think that Irie doesn't only have Asura, but he's also hiding some other technique. Much like Oni revealed that he wasn't just BJK and Asura and that he had Kijin, I'm sure Irie has something similar (maybe not as powerful, but something that puts him in the top 5 of the G10).

I have a question, do you need to have high mental strength to achieve Asura? Or what are the requirements in order to achieve it? Since Oni, Byodouin, Irie and Tokugawa have it and all of them have off the charts mental.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; May 26, 2014 at 02:41 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I have a question, do you need to have high mental strength to achieve Asura? Or what are the requirements in order to achieve it? Since Oni, Byodouin, Irie and Tokugawa have it and all of them have off the charts mental.
    We don't know of any stat requirements for AnS I think. In fact, we know very little about it in general, our best lead is the name actually - Asura are deities in Hinduism and Buddhism, and if I recall correctly, they are seen as vengeful and violent creatures. So personally I think that the requirement for AnS is to enter that mindset the Asura represent.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Asura no Shindo might not even be a technique. It could've just been a fancy metaphor for Tokugawa's revenge on Byodoin.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

For what's been shown, it's clear that is a state of mind (like TnK)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For what's been shown, it's clear that is a state of mind (like TnK)
    No it hasn't.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so because you need to have both the right mindset and skills to acces to it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so because you need to have both the right mindset and skills to acces to it.
    Lol, where was that ever said in the manga or fan book?

Asura no Shindo was only mentioned once in the entire manga so far. In one match. In one chapter. In one page. In one speech bubble. After that, it was never mentioned again. I'm pretty sure that it was just a metaphor that Byodoin used to describe the progress Tokugawa made as a player in order to extract his revenge on Byodoin. Asura are demons known to represent vengeance in Hinduism. The "Path of the Asura" was just a metaphor. It's like how they call Sanada the Emperor and Yukimura the Demigod. Tokugawa's the Asura. And it makes sense too, since Oni's the Kijin (Mad Demon) and the current Tokugawa is an offspring of Oni's training.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandnewkid, the only issue with that is that after appearing to "activate" or attain Asura no Shindou, everything about Tokugawa's play became significantly better. It's not just a title, so there's actually something there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Brandnewkid, the only issue with that is that after appearing to "activate" or attain Asura no Shindou, everything about Tokugawa's play became significantly better. It's not just a title, so there's actually something there.
    Incorrect. Go re-read the match. Tokugawa had been dominating Byodoin since the match began. It's because Tokugawa's skills had improved the whole time Byodoin left the camp to go play overseas. It's not like Byodoin was beating him then Tokugawa suddenly changed and everyone was like "OHMG IT'S THE ASURA NO SINDOO."

In fact, looking at the original dialogue and translating it while knowing that the Asura no Shindo would never be mentioned again, I'd translate what Byodoin said as "So, you've walked along the path of vengeance?"
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; May 26, 2014 at 06:40 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Going off topic guys.

Anyway, I do believe Irie is still full of surprises. All his stats are when he's not serious at all. Except maybe for his highest stat.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Going off topic guys.

Anyway, I do believe Irie is still full of surprises. All his stats are when he's not serious at all. Except maybe for his highest stat.
    It's not off-topic. It's a valid opinion and possibly even a fact. Irie can't have Asura no Shindo if it's not even a technique to begin with. If he had a personal grudge against Akiba, maybe, but not really. Irie's an actor. He was just acting weak, that's all there is to it.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It was slightly off topic since we're discussing whether Irie can use it or not but you went off about Tokugawa. Irie should just kick ass and take No. 6/7's badge. I doubt he'd beat anyone from 1-5.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast