Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Vinland 105 Spoiler Thread

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Vinland 105 Spoiler Thread

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Vinland Saga.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vinland 105 Spoiler Thread

Ch 105 summary:

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hayatempest; June 26, 2014 at 02:27 AM.
    EnEi crazy fangirl<3
    FF9<3

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

so, Thorfinn really is going to be a merchant. this follow the epic after all ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Thorfinn's new task will take him back to England or Denmark or to Norway where his parents used to live. I also wonder if Yukimura is going to resolve the plot of when Floki hired Askeladd to kill Thors or if Canute will have some future role in the story.
    Last edited by Hayatempest; June 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM.
    EnEi crazy fangirl<3
    FF9<3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Thorfinn is in for a rude awakening when he becomes a merchant. Thorfinn has always been too honest.
    People are gonna try and cheat him right and left. Plus he probably has to actually go out and travel too.
    Which leads to the possibility of robbery.

I get the feeling that this whole merchant thing will be the next major arc
    so it's gonna be a while before we even set sail for one pi...er Vinland.

Wonder if Thorfinn will be doing any business with Canute or his kingdom?
    I'd be interested to see where that goes.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ch105 is up on Potato.

Nothing like time spent as a slave to remove any pride you have. Halfdan wanted to crush his pride, but didn't get any enjoyment out of it.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Halfdan bringing up pride. There is no monetary value in it, but most of us hold it more dear than just about anything. Would you lick someone's shoe in public for a million bucks? Sounds like it should be a good deal right? Assuming the shoe is devoid of deadly organisms or anything, it would probably taste horrible, but the task would be accomplished quickly and with little physical effort other than keeping yourself from gagging. However, could you bow down to another man and do such a humiliating task regardless of the reward? Most couldn't I suspect. I don't think I could either honestly. Thorfinn being able to do it without a second thought is impressive and also shocking, I would be just as shocked as Halfdan.

The tern scene shows the importance of freedom. Despite being fed delicious fresh fish regularly (probably) and being warm indoors, it would much rather fly and be free despite the much higher risk of death. Again this example could be carried to modern man. Being locked up in a large room in a mansion, with all the indoor gadgets you could think of, along with the very best food all the time, yet being relatively alone other than the servant who brings food/cleans room/etc vs being unemployed with no prospects, no assets/money, but free to do as you want. Most would take the latter. Without freedom nothing else matters.

I agree we are going to get a merchant arc likely, since narwhal horns can make you good money but are hard to sell. It should take at least a few chapters. The good news is we have Gudrid's wedding crash to look forward to, development of her, Halfdan, Sigurd, and maybe more showings of Ylfa and Helga as well. Before we say goodbye to all of them (besides Gudrid likely) for a very long time.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply