Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth

Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth
    Genre: Action, Supernatural
    Production: AIC
    Director: Akitaya Noriaki
    Screenplay: Kumagai Jun
    Starring: Ishida Akira, Toriumi Kousuke, Tanaka Rie, Midorikawa Hikaru, Toyoguchi Megumi

Terrible creatures lurk in the dark, preying on those who wander into the hidden hour that lies between one day and the next—the Dark Hour. A secret school club known as SEES defends humanity from horrors and disasters while working to solve the mystery of the Dark Hour once and for all.

A movie based on the 2006 RPG Persona 3, announced at the end of the Persona 4 movie, The Factor of Hope.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 27, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth

I picked this up on import BD last week, really fantastic set. Watched the movie once, but need to watch again. They played all my favorites songs and more in this, and More Than One Heart is such a good theme.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oh wow; i didn't realize it was out in bluray already! i need to watch it persona 3 and 4 were my favorite jrpg games. can't hardly wait for persona 5 to come out
    creator of Manga Square (reader for ipad): appstore

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasna View Post
    oh wow; i didn't realize it was out in bluray already! i need to watch it persona 3 and 4 were my favorite jrpg games. can't hardly wait for persona 5 to come out
    The first subs came out barely more than a week ago. Quality, 1080p subs have only been out for three days. You didn't miss it by much. I've never played the game, so I'm in no position to judge how well the story and characters were adapted. As an anime, the movie was fantastic, very high quality. The animation, art, backgrounds, and music were all top notch. The story was really interesting, even for someone unfamiliar with the Persona world. It's something I'd highly recommend even to someone who isn't a gamer. I'm not sure how fans of the original will react, but I really liked it.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So what to say about this... They changed the story quite a bit. Not that I mind. The outcome was the same and they probably did it because it is a movie adaption and not a TV show.
    Makoto Yuki is not the same guy you play in P3. His personality is completely different. They gave him depth which was not really possible in the game because he never spoke after all. That is a change I really liked. He feels like a real human now. A rather cold one but that is totally fine.
    The ither characters were awesome. I never had the chance to listen to the original cast so I have to say that I really love Akihitos voice.

The fights looked great. Even better than the ones in the Persona 4 adaption.

The only thing I really disliked is the lack of side characters. But as I said before it is a movie so they had to cut off all social links this time. But oh well the rest was amazing. Pretty much a necessity to use the actual OST from the original game. Great job.

I wonder at which point the next movie will end.

PS: Aigis at the end!

New Reply