Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What the untold history of bleach could be?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What the untold history of bleach could be?

Basically thought I'll open a thread for the purpose's of telling a history of what you think could be events in time that have yet to be told, straight up theories, common knowledge you'd like expanding on, or just simply troll on someone is all welcome (but prepare for a slap on the wrist and a good telling off) within the Bleachverse.

I'm going to go back to the Origin's of bleach or at least try to by what we know of today, which is fairly little but if you look hard enough there are subtle hints within most the SS arc and definitely within this Arc.

So starting with the obvious name of Balancers it has been stated that this was once the name of the now known shinigami, but i think this has recently been what they are known for being in today's world, due to events that transpired 1000++ years prior to current events. Now my take on things are that during that time period, were ordered to kill of all quincy by default but never understood, much less cared why? The elite fighters were brutal killing machines that loved nothing better then the screams of people dying around them. Only problem was some disappeared, others probably became royal guard. In some ways i think everyone who was there during them times left only leaving old relics of the past behind.

Now i do wanna hear others thoughts on what some the origins could be.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by devstauk; May 27, 2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What the untold history of bleach could be?

Their name change from "Balancers" to "Shinigami", is probably just exactly what lies in the names.
    Shinigami still represents the old tasks of balancers, but something was probably fundamentally changed, representing a more "Grim" and "Horrifying" truth.

When the Quincy appeared at first, the Shinigami didn't seem to want to fight them. But eventually they did so because they had to protect the balance of souls. The Shinigami became "Slaughters", "Warriors", not "Balancers" who only fights hollows to keep the balance, but slauhters of humans, souls yet not dead.

The Shinigami began to reap living souls for the first time (probably never ever did before that), and as such I think the name change was justified to match their new change.

Also Yamamoto changed Soul Society from a balanced powerstructure between Noble families, into a single Organisation, Gotei 13. As far as I understand it anyway.
    This in conjunction with the above probably justifies the name change.

It'd be interesting if Ichigo brought Soul Society back to its roots, idd, that Shinigami became peaceful again. But the only way for that to happen without mass slaughter, is peace with the Quincy.

In the current war, perhaps most, if not all, the Sternritters will die, but that doesn't mean that there are no other Quincy left, not all Quincy is a sternritter. From what we have seen, far from it.

Perhaps the Quincy Sternritter is somewhat rare too, just like a Captain is rare among the Shinigami.
    Perhaps the reason that there are so many Sternritters, and some who are stronger than Shinigami, is because Juha Bach granted them extra powers ontop of their own.

It'd be interesting to see if Quincy and Shinigami can live peacefully together, Ichigo seems to be the key to this.
    It also, in my opinion, foreshadows that Ichigo will be the future leader of all of Souls. Perhaps not Soulking, but at the very minimum right below the Soulking.

Ichigos name means to protect, but also has "Ichi" = 1, and "Go" = 5 in his name.

There seem to be 5 type of "races", all in all (Also Kubo just seems to love that number, he uses it in everything lulz).
    • Human souls
    • Shinigami souls
    • Hollow souls
    • Quincy souls
    • Hybrid souls (Fullbringers human/hollow; Arrancars & Vizards (Shinigami/Hollow).

Ichigo, the protecter of everything, of all realms and races.
    In many ways Kubo gave away how Bleach will end, which kinda sucks

Not only do we know how most shounen ends, but Ichigo's name is even more a give away... imho.

Kinda makes you wonder how Soul Society could, in theory, end up looking like? Will all races (probably except hollows), be able to live in Soul Society, if on good terms?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    There seem to be 5 type of "races", all in all (Also Kubo just seems to love that number, he uses it in everything lulz).
    • Human souls
    • Shinigami souls
    • Hollow souls
    • Quincy souls
    • Hybrid souls (Fullbringers human/hollow; Arrancars & Vizards (Shinigami/Hollow).
    Oh, so you took Fullbringer/normal soul out of the list and made "hybrid" another race? xD If it worked like that, we'd have like 7,000,000 "races" on this planet by now. Seriously, just give up on finding 5 races. We're told there are 4. Anything else is a hybrid and is NOT an another race or is nothing, simple soul. Or do you call normal soul "Shinigami soul with little power"? It'd be like saying humans are all Quincies, but only few of them have enough power to actually become Quincies. -.-

Stop looking for "5" everywhere. Everything else makes sense, but you coming back with "there are 5 races" and changing the fifth one again is just annoying.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would totally watch movie or read a side-story manga, that was about the first shinigami/quincy war or quincy extermination story

it would be interesting

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Oh, so you took Fullbringer/normal soul out of the list and made "hybrid" another race? xD If it worked like that, we'd have like 7,000,000 "races" on this planet by now. Seriously, just give up on finding 5 races. We're told there are 4. Anything else is a hybrid and is NOT an another race or is nothing, simple soul. Or do you call normal soul "Shinigami soul with little power"? It'd be like saying humans are all Quincies, but only few of them have enough power to actually become Quincies. -.-

Stop looking for "5" everywhere. Everything else makes sense, but you coming back with "there are 5 races" and changing the fifth one again is just annoying.
    Well, I suppose you could argue there are 5 races in the sense that there's those who transcend the other races, such as Aizen; he's neither Human, Hollow, Human or Quincy, and he's not a hybrid either. IMO though, I don't think a hybrid really counts as a "race" as such.

One thing I'd like to see that's been untold is the backstory behind the "polar opposites"; why is a Quincy literally the polar opposite of the Shinigami on a molecular level? Are their existences intertwined somehow (i.e. if one race dies the other one vanishes too). Note that it's quite possible that the Quincies were born at the exact same time as the Shinigami; Yhwach may simply have been in a dormant state for thousands of years before he awoke for the first time, having gained a consciousness from someone who came into contact with him.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Kubo want to make a feature length bleach at some point?

Anyway here's another theory, upon which i can be laughed at if proved wrong but i just get this feeling that The Soul King just literally wanting to say one thing to Ichigo which was 'protect'. Ichigo's soul reiastu sheer essence exploded around him and filled the entire throne room.....

Now there could also be a story about the soul king's sleep, while he's under reasonable protection. He will sleep until he is threatened by any kind of force upon which awakening his messengers send out news that he wants protecting the closest thing to his dimension which is Seireitei. Which of course is the shinigami residents. Now i know this next part is something the forums discussed before but was dismissed since there is no actual evidence to which the timeline follows the same time throughout dimensions. What strikes me as kind of odd is normally Human can't see hollows/shinigami because of spiritual pressure and other things, this would state that real world physics may well apply within the Human Dimension i mean if normal people can't see the fights and things doesn't mean buildings won't crumble around them. I think the depth thing could be lost on alot of fans if kubo really needs to get down into things by actually explaining every detail about every thing some things i think should be left up to the reader just because we will always be able to look at things in different angles plus most of us know what we like and don't like.

Which leads me on to my next addition, I really hope that there iis a little more to the entire 1000 year war thing then The Soul King wanting a single protective entity. I think its a complete Cliche.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by devstauk; June 02, 2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said before, I really want to see the connections between the 4 main races in Bleach (not counting hybrids or transcendent beings). Allow me to share my theory on these connections, as well as a possible endgame for Bleach...

So, to start, there are 4 main races in Bleach; Humans, Hollows, Shinigami and Quincies. Humans are the polar opposite of Hollows, and Shinigami are the polar opposite of Quincies; this isn't on a functional basis, but on a physical one, as we've seen that the reiatsu from a particular being is complementary to the reiatsu of its polar opposite, as demonstrated in the solution to prevent soul suicide by Urahara.

So here's where my theory begins. There are 2 "natural" races, and there are 2 "special" races; Humans and Hollows are naturally-occurring, whereas Shinigami and Quinices are special types that originated from abnormal progenitors (these are evolved forms of the natural beings). I'll explain shortly, but in a nutshell, Quincies were formed from an evolved Human (Yhwach), and Shinigami were formed from an evolved Hollow (Soul King). Now, these 2 evolved beings were formed at the same time by some currently-unknown event, and they are equal opposites; both distribute their powers to others through blood (producing the Royal families), both have the ability to heal their "base" race (although in different ways as will be explained shortly), and both of them have the ability to enter long periods of hibernation if required.

Originally, there were only Humans and Hollows that existed, so I'll begin the lifecycle with Humans. Humans are born without the possession of spiritual powers, or rather they do have spiritual powers but they're locked away until a certain event occurs. When a Human dies, they become a ghost known as a Plus (note that I still class this as Human), and this marks the start of their transition to their polar opposite race, the Hollow. Pluses, like living Humans, can die; if they do they're reincarnated as a living Human again.

If a Plus is left too long without dying (note that I'm talking about a time before Shinigami existed), they degrade and start to transform into a Hollow; their heart is also transformed into a mask and their spiritual powers manifest into the Hollow's form and abilities. In other words, this transformation unlocks the spiritual powers inside of the Human...too bad though, as now they're a monstrous being that acts on pure instinct with the intelligence equivalent to an insect!

Now, there are times where bizarreness happens, and such a time resulted in the birth of 2 beings that weren't quite normal, and that were equal-opposites. Being as the world tends to like to balance things out, when one was born the other was too. The first of these that I'll look at is the Quincy progenitor, Yhwach. Now, this guy was supposed to be Human when he was born, but bizarreness ensured otherwise. He was born without the ability to see, hear, feel, smell, taste, move or even think (the latter is what I believe misled us into thinking he was born recently in comparison to the Soul King; he was actually born at the same moment, only he was a vegetable so even he wasn't aware of it!). Now, as has been explained, he has the ability to distribute part of his soul to normal Humans and heal their injuries, and he gains their knowledge, power and abilities when they die. When this happens, he partially heals as well. He has 2 ways to distribute his power; he can either touch the Human in question, or he can give them his blood. If he gives them his blood (or they belong to his bloodline), they'll possess powers way beyond those that he converts through touch.

Now, here comes a big-ass lump of theory. When there's a Ying, there's a Yang, and the birth of Yhwach also triggered the birth of a polar opposite being; the Soul King. Like Yhwach, the Soul King was born without the ability to see, hear, feel, smell, taste, move or think, and he has exactly the same abilities as Yhwach...apart from the fact that he's not based off a Human, but a Hollow. Now, the Soul King has the ability to "heal" Hollows, but not in the same way as Yhwach can heal Humans; instead, the Soul King heals the degradation done to a Plus which turns it into a Hollow. The result is that the Hollow's mask reforms its heart, and it forms a being resembling a Plus...only it still has access to its powers that were unlocked during its transformation; these latent abilities form the Shinigami's powers. The Soul King does things differently, however; instead of getting his hands dirty and directly touching Hollows, he imbues this ability into the Zanpakutou, allowing it to "purify" the Hollow when it cuts them. The Soul King can also, like Yhwach, distribute his power in a stronger form; to those special individuals, he shares his blood, and they become the Royal families. This might explain why there're 5 Royal Guards and 5 Royal families; each Royal family descended from one of the original Royal Guards, each of whom is equivalent to the Quincy Sternritter.

Now, let's look at a possible endgame here; something I brought up in one of the chapter discussion threads. I explained at the start of this post that the Soul King and Yhwach are like Ying and Yang; this could well mean that one can't be killed unless the other is, or the one who is killed is simply reincarnated (possibly another explanation as to how Yhwach appeared to be born WAY after the Soul King; he's just the latest reincarnation, kinda like Ganondorf from Zelda!). In other words, to ensure the Quincies are gone for good, the Shinigami have to go as well! But there's a problem; if Yhwach dies, chances are his power and the power from the other Quincies is going to fly off to a newly-conceived baby somewhere. Now, Ichigo is kinda like a table at the moment, nice and stable as a mixture of all 4 races; what happens if you kick one of the legs off a table? Well, my best guess is Ichigo won't just disintegrate into nothing; he's going to go nuts, become highly unstable, and transform into something that Shirosaki would shit his pants at!!! So in a nutshell, Ichigo kills Yhwach, Ichigo goes nuts and turns into a monster, the Soul King needs to die before Yhwach reincarnates and Ichigo self-destructs!!!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

New Reply