Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 750 Discussion/ 751 Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Chapter 750 Discussion/ 751 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    Fujitora's DF ability will most likely be revealed, when he engages Sabo. Been wanting to know exactly how his power works and what it does for the longest now.
    I thought i was pretty obvious, that he control gravity

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for Franky to beat that piece of shit Senor Pink, his gimmick is getting on my nerves, in fact, I can't wait for the whole crew to get their ass beaten because of their annoying gimmicks
    Last edited by Zehahaha; June 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo!
    I may be late to the party (xD), but I just felt like trying a manga discussion forum, after reading the last three chapters at once (I took an even longer break from reading than Oda took from writing ^^).
    Well, it's true not so much stuff happened in the current chapter. I spent much more time thinking about last chapter, but that's kinda obvious. What a surprise, I saw nothing coming at all! I know, I should talk only about the current chapter (right?), but there is one thing really bothering me, this is how both of the translations I've read (Mangapanda and Mangastream, are there even any others?) kinda derped on one line which I found pretty important. It's sad one can't rely on the translations!

About this chapter... the ending was cool, but kinda awkward. It just stopped in the middle of the conversation and left me like: "What, that's it? I don't get it."
    The rest of the chapter was kind of what I expected. Last chapter Law just briefed Luffy about the situation between him and Doflamingo, telling him as much as he needs to know to follow what's going on, but no more. That's just the way he is.
    Law's past is something I've always expected to hear from Doflamingo rather than Law himself, because he doesn't like talking about himself and it's understandable, as his story sounds pretty unpleasant to me. Doflamingo on the other hand loves mocking people and probably doesn't know when it would be better to shut up. >__>;
    Chances are he'll give us the whole story, infuriating Luffy as he goes and thus digging his own grave. xD
    At least that's what I imagine might happen.

The matchups look good, but I wonder who'll take on Burgess. He's strong, but stupid. Who would be a fitting foe for him and isn't yet matched with anyone else?

And Fujitora I really don't understand. I'm sure he has some sort of strategy in mind, but seeing him completely ignore his job as a marine (stopping Doflamingo, saving the citizens, he even doesn't wanna fight Sabo although he's an enemy of the world government) and for some reason going after Luffy instead (what does he want from him? Oo) is just too odd.

Sorry if this is too much rambling in one post, but I'm new, so you gotta be nice to me! >:D

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    Yo!
    I may be late to the party (xD), but I just felt like trying a manga discussion forum, after reading the last three chapters at once (I took an even longer break from reading than Oda took from writing ^^).
    Well, it's true not so much stuff happened in the current chapter. I spent much more time thinking about last chapter, but that's kinda obvious. What a surprise, I saw nothing coming at all! I know, I should talk only about the current chapter (right?), but there is one thing really bothering me, this is how both of the translations I've read (Mangapanda and Mangastream, are there even any others?) kinda derped on one line which I found pretty important. It's sad one can't rely on the translations!

About this chapter... the ending was cool, but kinda awkward. It just stopped in the middle of the conversation and left me like: "What, that's it? I don't get it."
    The rest of the chapter was kind of what I expected. Last chapter Law just briefed Luffy about the situation between him and Doflamingo, telling him as much as he needs to know to follow what's going on, but no more. That's just the way he is.
    Law's past is something I've always expected to hear from Doflamingo rather than Law himself, because he doesn't like talking about himself and it's understandable, as his story sounds pretty unpleasant to me. Doflamingo on the other hand loves mocking people and probably doesn't know when it would be better to shut up. >__>;
    Chances are he'll give us the whole story, infuriating Luffy as he goes and thus digging his own grave. xD

The matchups look good, but I wonder who'll take on Burgess. He's strong, but stupid. Who would be a fitting foe for him and isn't yet matched with anyone else?

And Fujitora I really don't understand. I'm sure he has some sort of strategy in mind, but seeing him completely ignore his job as a marine (stopping Doflamingo, saving the citizens, he even doesn't wanna fight Sabo although he's an enemy of the world government) and for some reason going after Luffy instead (what does he want from him? Oo) is just too odd.

Sorry if this is too much rambling in one post, but I'm new, so you gotta be nice to me! >
    Remember Fujitora was conscripted. He didn't really join the marines voluntarily. He has a strong sense of justice and I think the events that will unfold may make him question who he is fighting for. I see him as a future ally to the straw hats. But ya I'm curious as to how strong Sabo is. If he can take on an admiral that would be bad ass.

And welcome to Manga Helpers by the way.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Sabo will probably create a fire screen and haul ass. Just like Ace did when he saved Luffy from Smoker.

I just don't see him taking on an Vice-Admiral AND a freaking Admiral.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo!

Sorry if this is too much rambling in one post, but I'm new, so you gotta be nice to me! >
    Hey, welcome to Manga Helpers!

In this manga, we see scenes jumping from one to another. It seems like a "trend" now. hehe We, readers, will have to be patient with the author's presentation style.

From the map given, we know that Luffy is rushing up to the palace where DoFlamingo is. So are many others. As their respective locations are specified, it is easy to imagine their distance among all the people.

Seriously, the appearance of Sabo is quite a surprise (at least to me, it is). What's more, he comes straight to the Marines and has taken down so many of them and is done off-screened. Thus I think it would provide some time for Luffy while Sabo tries to fight Fujitora though the latter is still trying to get to Luffy.

In so many occasions, Luffy is always the "favourite" enemy to his enemies. Somehow people are attracted to him (not his beauty of course) - a young boy who looks so simple (look at his dressing), walking around with a pair of flip flop and a straw hat, and always have a "silly" grin on his face. All the boy is interested in is food and a gluttony even. He treats almost anything like a game-play. But he is a pirate, who likes to help people-in-need. He does not kill or rob from others for his own interest but he is a pirate. What is the job of a pirate? What kind of nature is he as a pirate? Oh, I think he is too good to be one. It is like a robber who does not rob, a thief who does not steal or a killer who does not murder. Perhaps for these reasons, people are fascinated about the boy's true nature and being a curious cat, they want to know and more. Thus in the past, we have seen a number of Marines, particularly the high ranking ones like admirals and vice-admirals, even the chief of the Marines as well, seem to be quite tolerant to Luffy's crimes. It is quite a contradiction. As Marine soldiers, their job is to protect the citizens, catch the pirates and those who commit crimes and provide safety to the nation. While with that understanding in mind, they also have their conscience to answer to, in which they feel that Luffy (and the Straw Hat) are different from other pirates. This group of guys (Straw Hat) seems to be a bunch of people who are full of justice, which is similar to the principles of the Navy. But because they are pirates, as Marines, they cannot sweep everything under the carpet. So sometimes in the event of "capturing" them, they tend to soften their hands. Imagine if a policeman catches a thief who steals because his old mother is dying and needs the money for a major operation. I believe that this policeman may hesitate for a moment instead of going all out on him. Similarly, I believe Garp is feeling that way too. On one hand, he is a Marine and has his duty to conform to, on the other hand he is also a grandpa to Luffy who is a pirate. He is so heartbroken with his two grandchildren, Ace and Luffy and yet he couldn't do anything but to withdraw his participation. Long before that, he befriended a pirate and secretly protected and raised his son. This is probably the most terrible sin for a Marine to commit, more so coming from a Vice-Admiral!

In the case of Fujitora, he may be feeling curious of Luffy that subconsciously decides to "follow" him and perhaps to be specific, he is observing him. It does seems like many other Marines are doing the similar thing too. There are so many pirates by which the Marines have not been very merciful to the extent like how they treat Luffy with such leniency. Though having said that, they still have to obey their duty. Otherwise the Straw Hat would have been captured long time ago (in normal circumstances, putting aside that they are the main protagonists) especially in the early days when they aren't very strong yet.

Besides the "police-and-thief", there are other enemies of Luffy's like pirates, and even his own crew members who were once hostile and later became friends. In the early days, many of them like Ms All-Sunday (Nico Robin) has fought, almost like a "life and death" battle with Luffy. But now she is a great crew member of Straw Hat and an important nakama to Luffy. Thus I feel that Luffy has that kind of charisma to attract people to him and that is his warm heart though he appears like an idiot all the time. But he is a person who depends on his emotion more than logical thinking that compels him to seek justice for those in trouble. Even those who do not need saving, they are also touched by Luffy's sincerity. Somehow our author is leaving that sentimental part of his character to our imagination.

Oh yea, am I the only one?

~~~+~~~Do You Love Me?~~~+~~~

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Which marines besides Aokiji and Garp went "soft" on the strawhats? (And please leave Coby and Helmeppo out)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    I know, I should talk only about the current chapter (right?), but there is one thing really bothering me, this is how both of the translations I've read (Mangapanda and Mangastream, are there even any others?) kinda derped on one line which I found pretty important. It's sad one can't rely on the translations!

Spoiler show

Yes, there are other translations. I wait & read Cnet's translations. They're the best . I guarantee it. Here is his page:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128

Here are his translations:

http://mangahelpers.com/t/cnet128/archives/translation/

Add him to your favorites & you'll receive his translations every time he posts a new translation^^

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Which marines besides Aokiji and Garp went "soft" on the strawhats? (And please leave Coby and Helmeppo out)
    Tashigi and Smoker. Fujitora could be the possible new member.

I don't see Sabo taking on the Marines by himself. If he does and manages to be equal, then I personally would find that to be stupid.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty obvious that there won't be a winner in Fujitora vs Sabo ... its a stalling fight so we can conclude the things on the island, a plot device of sorts needed for the story to progress, even tho from a reader's and fans perspective its OMGSABOFUJITORA, from a story point of view its actually logical for Oda to use such a device. So the best we get is ON SCREEN showcase of abilities.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Guy's but u have to be kidding. Sabo is 2nd in comand of the Revolutunarys. The WG sees Dragon as THE Enemy of the time (same as Roger in the past time). And WB was in his prime much stronger then now. And for all of this enemys there where more then just 3 Admiras to fight against (shibukais).

So it would be soooo strange when Sabo as 2nd in comand and pupil of Dragon (and much more years on the sea/training then ace and luffy) can't handle a Admiral.

Don't think he will fight serious. I think he will just buy time and then leave with Koala and Hack the place.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThazaOp View Post
    Sorry Guy's but u have to be kidding. Sabo is 2nd in comand of the Revolutunarys. The WG sees Dragon as THE Enemy of the time (same as Roger in the past time). And WB was in his prime much stronger then now. And for all of this enemys there where more then just 3 Admiras to fight against (shibukais).

So it would be soooo strange when Sabo as 2nd in comand and pupil of Dragon (and much more years on the sea/training then ace and luffy) can't handle a Admiral.

Don't think he will fight serious. I think he will just buy time and then leave with Koala and Hack the place.

not saying he isn't strong cause i'm sure dragon can hold his own but I've always believed dragon was thought to be more dangerous because of what he can do or knows rather than because he's so strong. i'm sure plenty of strong pirates come and go and the WG by now knows how to deal with them. it's the thinkers and tinkerers like robin and vegapunk and luffy that would give them problems
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Remember Fujitora was conscripted.
    Wow, I completely missed that!
    I thought a "draft" was some kind of application procedure, but looking it up, I found that you're right, it means "people being taken in by the military, whether they want to or not"... but then again, Fujitora is so strong, how do you suppose anyone would "force" him to join the marines and if he didn't wanna be with the marines, why make him an admiral and give him this much responsibility? He's the ONLY admiral sent to Dressrosa, if they had any doubts about his loyalty, I wonder if they would have put him on the mission. Then again, this is a pretty hot mission and if things go down the drain with Doflamingo, they can put the blame on Fujitora, who is new and inexperienced. If one of the more well-known admirals was there and couldn't handle the situation, that would be much worse for the marine's reputation, so that might be why they sent him. XD

He has a strong sense of justice and I think the events that will unfold may make him question who he is fighting for.
    A strong sense of justice alright, but he's currently watching as people are getting hurt and possibly killed left and right and he isn't helping anyone with his attitude right now. "Let's just watch and if you see them capture the straw hats!" That doesn't make sense.
    Well, actually, we don't know what exactly he's planning to do with Luffy and his crew. Maybe he just wants to talk? He didn't attack them when they met earlier, after all.

And welcome to Manga Helpers by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    Hey, welcome to Manga Helpers!
    Thank you! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Yes, there are other translations. I wait & read Cnet's translations. They're the best . I guarantee it.
    Thanks, dude!
    Hm... it's still not how I would translate it, but at least it ain't wrong!
    These translations will be extremely helpful when reading the manga in Japanese (there's always some sentences I don't understand at all, what with so many unusual words I don't know, too lazy to look them all up xD).

Btw, I just now (quick thinking, LOL!!!) got that Don Quixote reference. >_____>
    If Doflamingo had a brother, his name would also have been Don Quixote, right?
    I had always thought naming a villain after Don Quixote was weird, because, though I have never read the story, afaik the protagonist is crazy and delusional, but not a bad person. Even if he destroys somebody's windmill, he doesn't do it because he means harm, but he thinks the windmill is evil and he has to defeat it to protect others. XD
    That's why I found the name very unfitting for someone as malicious as Doflamingo and ended up shrugging and thinking: "The author must have just liked the name and wanted to use it."
    But now that I look at it more closely, Doflamingo's brother probably fits the reference much better than Doflamingo himself. He even had an apprentice who followed him around to help him with his "heroic deeds", just like the original! As I thought, Don Quixote isn't evil at all. ^^

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that there won't be a winner in Fujitora vs Sabo ... its a stalling fight so we can conclude the things on the island, a plot device of sorts needed for the story to progress, even tho from a reader's and fans perspective its OMGSABOFUJITORA, from a story point of view its actually logical for Oda to use such a device. So the best we get is ON SCREEN showcase of abilities.
    I don't think there will be either, but isn't it the Marines vs. Sabo? I would not be amused if Sabo was holding his own against multiple enemies.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I don't think there will be either, but isn't it the Marines vs. Sabo? I would not be amused if Sabo was holding his own against multiple enemies.
    Yeah, I pretty much got that many are not fans of Sabo as much as Oda is in showcasing his abilities. Well Sabo is established a big league now, tho, we saw far too little of him, but have we seen Kaido? And everyone s hyping hi, it's unfair to say Sabo should NOT own, Oda made the character TO own, it would appear ...

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast