Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 583 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 583 Discussion / 584 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Somebody with taste. Hmm... how to succinctly express my patchwork emotions for these latest not-Kenpachi chapters...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the next chapter, one thing Meninas said got me thinking.
    These three girls agreed that Ichigo was a pain to fight, correct? But when Candice went volstandig, they went against it and Meninas even went so far to call it a "overkill" when put up against Ichigo.
    That got me wondering.
    Did Meninas seriously insinuate that they would be able to handle Ichigo without going vollstandig do do it?
    Seriously? How strong would the femritters be to consider Vollstandig a overkill against Ichigo. Frickin. Kurosaki!
    And pay in mind that they are fully aware of Ichigo´s power based on the war potential list, they just didn´t knew what he looked like. So it´s unlikely that Meninas would be talking bullshit about their own chances here.
    So that leaves the question, will they go all out on Ichigo after they finished Kenpachi with only their letters alone to do it? (Since Kenpachi is their initial target to begin with, Ichigo isn´t. so it´s unlikely that they would just walk away from it, since we all know what Ywach does with those that fail him.)
    So is it possible that the femritters would really be that strong or are they just planning to stall him until Someone else shows up to tag them out from the battle without a risk to get executed for failing?

(Or is Meninas just so confident in her own letter that she seriously think that she can go "powergirl" on Kurosaki?)
    Which one is it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    These three girls agreed that Ichigo was a pain to fight, correct? But when Candice went volstandig, they went against it and Meninas even went so far to call it a "overkill" when put up against Ichigo.
    That got me wondering.
    Did Meninas seriously insinuate that they would be able to handle Ichigo without going vollstandig do do it?
    Seriously? How strong would the femritters be to consider Vollstandig a overkill against Ichigo. Frickin. Kurosaki!
    And pay in mind that they are fully aware of Ichigo´s power based on the war potential list, they just didn´t knew what he looked like. So it´s unlikely that Meninas would be talking bullshit about their own chances here.
    So that leaves the question, will they go all out on Ichigo after they finished Kenpachi with only their letters alone to do it? (Since Kenpachi is their initial target to begin with, Ichigo isn´t. so it´s unlikely that they would just walk away from it, since we all know what Ywach does with those that fail him.)
    So is it possible that the femritters would really be that strong or are they just planning to stall him until Someone else shows up to tag them out from the battle without a risk to get executed for failing?

(Or is Meninas just so confident in her own letter that she seriously think that she can go "powergirl" on Kurosaki?)
    Which one is it?
    They also claimed that Bambi in Vollstanding would end the war on her own. The SR kinda are great i overestimating themselves.
    They lost more powerful warriors than the G13 but they still talk bs.
    They lost:the three that kenpachi killed,2 that yama-jii killed,Shaz Domino,As Nodt,Superstar,Cang Du,BG9,Bambi,Kirge.
    the only SR that seem to have a certain degree of understanding the power of the G13 captains seem to be Hashwald,Askin,Pepe and Colonel Sanders.
    Thes rest seem to be great in overestimating themselves and thinking that they are gods. I mean Buzz-B,Nanana,and As Nodt really thought that they could take on Yama-jii.

So I wouldn't take anything serious from the SR cause their pride is way too big to even admit that they don't stand a chance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

was just re-reading, did one of the bitch ritters just suggest ignoring ichigo.

they know they are outmatched so they just not fight him? how is that an option for them?
    http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/583/8

I guess it makes sense...to flee certain doom. lol.
    leave ichigo for another ritter of greater strength... but the 4 of them should be able to at least make him break a sweat.. they have volstandig... thats not a parlor trick... its a major powerup.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That got me wondering.

Which one is it?
    I don't think they said volstandig was overkill. I guess it depends on the translation though. As far as the volstandig goes I think the main issue is that it in itself is a tad tiring or perhaps even dangerous for the stern riter. Seeing how a few of them have reacted it kinda seems like there are some inherent issues risks to it. In light of that they simply prefer not using it. Back when candice activated her volstandig accidentally it kinda seemed like they were surprised candice had it at all, its likely that all 4 of them are a newbies at it. The fight took a turn for the worst as far as they are concerned though, odds are they will all activate them soon.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think alot of their comments are based purely on their expectations of power...

We must assume that all the Sternritters accept that Yhwach is the most powerful being they know and that's why they follow him. They must compare themselves to that power and the others around them.

Now they must have expectations with regards to how powerful the Special War Potentials are when compared to Yhwach and I doubt any of them expect Ichigo to be even close to Yhwach's power level, hence they having the theory they could take him on.

I believe there's nothing more than that

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    They also claimed that Bambi in Vollstanding would end the war on her own. The SR kinda are great i overestimating themselves.
    They lost more powerful warriors than the G13 but they still talk bs.
    They lost:the three that kenpachi killed,2 that yama-jii killed,Shaz Domino,As Nodt,Superstar,Cang Du,BG9,Bambi,Kirge.
    the only SR that seem to have a certain degree of understanding the power of the G13 captains seem to be Hashwald,Askin,Pepe and Colonel Sanders.
    Thes rest seem to be great in overestimating themselves and thinking that they are gods. I mean Buzz-B,Nanana,and As Nodt really thought that they could take on Yama-jii.

So I wouldn't take anything serious from the SR cause their pride is way too big to even admit that they don't stand a chance.

SS lost Yama...him alone is huge win for the Bach's side. Yama is like 13 captains in one. Bambi VL was very strong and had a very good ability...it's like you completely overlooked how extremely overpowered Kommaru's power up was for that fight. It was bordering ridiculous.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So how do you guys see the next few chapters unfolding ? Right now Ichigo is of course going to roflstomp the femritters, and presumably show us a few sweet new moves (well, at least we got GJ). The whole business with Askin making a choice puzzles me though. Is he trying to defect ? Like the rest of the SR he has to know he is fodder in the eyes of Bach. Will he try to get SS to unbind him from Bach's ability ?

Him and Weird Floating Gegegeh guy have been hyped as monsters, so they could be opponents for the rest of the top tier captain class : Isshin, Kyoraku, Yoruichi, Urahara and Byakuya. Commisionner Gordon may have a rematch against Kyoraku, and maybe Ichigo won't deal with Haschwalth himself. And let's not forget Ishida and the Royal Guard.

On the other hand, the big dog himself, Bach has started to move. Which feels really rushed, especially since he seems to intend on taking Ichigo on.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    SS lost Yama...him alone is huge win for the Bach's side. Yama is like 13 captains in one. Bambi VL was very strong and had a very good ability...it's like you completely overlooked how extremely overpowered Kommaru's power up was for that fight. It was bordering ridiculous.
    Doesn't change the fact that Bambi couldn't have ended the war on her own cause there are like 6 captains that would have trashed her no matter what. Actually the SR IMO made a wrong decision by killing of Yama-jii. Ok he is the strongest fighting force in SS but with him there Ukitake and Shunsui were always taking things easily cause they knew that the CC would clean up their mess. But now that Yama-jii is no more Shunsui and Ukitake might show us why Yama-jii claimed that they are the stongest in the G13 compared to who came befre and after them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I don´t see why Meninas´s comment would be bullshit considering that vollstandig tend to amplify their already uberstrong letters to insane levels.
    (See James and his "Superstar" who essentially created a starshaped nuke on the area he hit and the only reason Renji survived it was because of the royal training and his true bankai.

As Nodt´s "Fear" turned to a eldritch abomination and would have destroyed Rukia if Bayakuya hadn´t showed up and distracted the guy for her to break through and utterly destroy him with a royal bankai.

Bambietta Basterbine´s "Explode" that were already mini-nukes without volstandig and after that eventually turned her to a attack-helicopter capable of firing those nukes everywhere and over a huge area thanks to her flight and speed. Only reason she kicked the bucket was because Komamura for a short moment of time, essentially turned immortal just to stand a chance against the vandenreich. A power that, despite its advantage, failed to do so much damage to Bambietta as all the cosmetic damage we saw from the aftermath, was from her own bombs exploding inside her. (Blut Vein really saved her from being utterly pulverized there.)

Kirge...well... He got a lot tougher and managed to tank a ton of pre-royal Ichigo´s attacks until he got shot in the chest, survived that, and died when cut in half, but before that, he also took a beating from Allon, put his neck back in place after the giant broke it and also took Ichigo´s Bankai straight to the throat without dropping his smug smile, (Yes, the last one was blut vein but still...)... And his jail seemed to have worked properly at least once since it remained even after he died.)

My point is, that volstandig turns the stern-ritters effectively into quincy demi-gods that it takes a equally powerful opponent such as those from the royal dimension or those using "forbidden one time techniques" to beat these people.

And I think now that there´s a good reason to why Meninas refer to Volstandig as "slaughter" or "Overkill" (depending on the translation.) since we must recall how the femritters´ volstandig would look like and how much it would amplify their powers already.

Candice Catnipp, "the Thunderbolt", gave her six swords made of reishi and lightning, while also giving her a overkill attack in form of her, pretty narmy, "electrocution" move that looks like a death laser from a kill-satellite to me. Ichigo scatters it because of the royal training, but a good question is if pre-royal Ichigo would been able to do the same thing if he never went to the royal dimension.
    The same goes for all the characters that were sent up there after the first invasion. Would they been able to stand a chance against their opponents if they never got a "royal" update?

But back to the femritters...

We have seen Candice, now imagine the others.

Meninas McAllon, "The Power": As it is, she´s powerful enough to lift three blocks of the Vandentei and throw it, with one hand , effortlessly and without breaking a sweat. She also megaton-punched Kenpachi into the ground with just one hit. She´s essentially powergirl as it is at the moment. Now, imagine her letter, with a volstandig.
    Yeah... pretty frightening thought, isn´t it?
    I would imagine that she gains the physique of She-hulk (Amazonian Beauty) and strong enough to pulverize anything she punches in a instant. Just a guess but still...

Now let´s have a look at Giselle Giwelle, the "Zombie": As it is now, she just needs to bleed to use her seemingly unstoppable power. I imagine her volstandig essentially allows her to fire her own blood as arrows or make it rain with her blood to get absolute control or something similar. Meaning that she gets a AoE attack that removes the chance to dodge it as she doesn´t seem likely to attack by herself. That´s another overkill power right there.
    (Is it me or does she seem like someone that would have fit perfectly in the world of "Deadman Wonderland"?)

And then the last one, Lilotto Lamperd, the "Glutton": I don´t know, maybe her wings turns out to be mouths and that she just have to fly at and through a target to have a bite when her wings cuts through them. a speed increase that would essentially turn her to a reaper´s scythe over a field of wheat as she harvest anything edible in sight... maybe she gets an upgrade in that she can eat everything and anything while in volstandig? Try to block something like that with conventional weapons without having the weapon and yourself eaten in the attack.

The point is that the only reason the volstandig haven´t been seen as a serious threat, is that it has been put up against opponents that were essentially archangels of death through either the royal dimension or another means. I think that perhaps, the reluctance to use volstandig might be for the same reason a country doesn´t use nukes. With great power comes great responsibility, and volstandig turns its user to ubermensch or demi-gods so it´s perfectly understandable. And besides, before the counter arguments starts against this, this question must been asked first.

Who else would have been able to defeat these stern ritters mentioned above without the royal treatment?
    (I am talking first of all about Bambietta, since she pulled hers out before anyone from the royal dimension had arrived yet.)
    Who else but a super-powered Komamura would have been able to handle a this crazy bomber-jet capable of nuking everything within her flight range? Who else would have been able to take her down at this point?
    The same question can go to the other stern ritters that gone vollstandig this far. Who else would been able to beat them if the "royal" shinigami never showed up?

I see for the next chapter, that the other three join in on the fight after Candice´s failed attack and that at least one more volstandig comes into the play.
    Or the "Zombietta" showing up to give Ichigo a minor migraine.
    Either one is it... or if we cut over to Shinji and Bazz-B...(Unlikely but still...)
    No, the most possible scenario feels like we will just see Ichigo and the three girls in the next chapter tomorrow...

But the question is, who is the most likely candidate to go volstandig next in this fight if it´s only one we see next chapter?
    Last edited by Nanozom; June 10, 2014 at 06:57 AM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Her claim would be legit if they were facing soemone else but not against ichigo or anyone of the senior captains.
    Colonel couldn't deal with Shunsui even though he used Vollstanding and Shunsui was only using Shikai if his Zan even let him use it.
    Yeah aginst people like Soifon,Toshirou and co. their Vollstanding would be effective but not against others.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Now let´s have a look at Giselle Giwelle, the "Zombie": As it is now, she just needs to bleed to use her seemingly unstoppable power. I imagine her volstandig essentially allows her to fire her own blood as arrows or make it rain with her blood to get absolute control or something similar.
    That could be the reason why using Vollstandig tires her out: massive blood loss.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You're reading way too deep into it. It's just classic Bleach villain cockyness (and Kubo trying to make it "interesting"; as if anyone could believe 4 of them are any danger to Ichigo). Those bitches could activate 3 Vollstandigs each and it still wouldn't help them.

Ichigo, on the other hand, is just toying around with them and testing his power. He doesn't ooze out his reiatsu like before. He has control over it now. As evident with the size of his Getsuga's now. You think that's the biggest he can create?

Hopefully he doesn't play around too long. If this fight remains as it is, with Ichigo trolling them, it's going to get more boring than it already is.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Hopefully he doesn't play around too long. If this fight remains as it is, with Ichigo trolling them, it's going to get more boring than it already is.
    Kubo will stretch this, so when Ishida shows up, at least fans won't complain about not seeing Ichigo do something
    You think Ichigo is gonna a straight face when he sees Ishida ? No way... He'll definitely let his feelings get in the way again as usual

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Something occurred to me earlier today. Urahara has shown us that the Vizards and Masaki became unstable when they were subject to Hollowfication, and the solution to prevent "soul suicide" was to introduce components belonging the polar opposite race (these are Shinigami/Quincies and Humans/Hollows); now Ichigo is naturally stable as he's a mixture of all 4 races.

But...what's going to happen if the Shinigami manage to exterminate the Quinices? Presumably, the Quincy components of Ichigo and the Vizards will disappear, causing them to become unstable again! If this does happen, I'm guessing the only way to prevent their destruction would be to also exterminate the Quincy polar opposite; the Shinigami!
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast