Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: One Piece Ending – Grand Line/Ancient Weapons Theory

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Ending – Grand Line/Ancient Weapons Theory

One Piece Ending – Grand Line/Ancient Weapons Theory
    Part 1
    The grand line was artificially created by the World Government to hide Raftel.
    Why I think this:
    1. If you look at a map of the grand line it doesn’t exactly look like a natural formation. I know it’s fictional but still.
    2. The weather and magnetic field in the grand line make it impossible to navigate. This forces pirates to use log poses to sail from one island to another unable to avoid very dangerous islands or sail directly to islands they already know are there. This makes their journey more difficult and more likely to fail. It would be very convenient for the government if this was a natural occurrence. The weather in the calm belt seems unnatural to me as well, fyi.
    3. Punk Hazard is an island the government has made off limits. Its magnetic field doesn’t register on log poses. This suggests to me the government is able to control which islands register or not. This might also mean there are islands people can’t visit because they don’t know they’re there.
    I also have the theory that the legend of all blue is really about how the ocean used to be before the government created the grand line and sectioned it up. It would explain why lots of seasoned sailors can search for an entire ocean and not find it. Making the grand line may seem extreme but so is making the buster call on Ohara or sending an admiral and 3 battleships just because Luffy punched a world noble in the face. Since the stuff the poneglyphs are made of is indestructible I don’t think it’s farfetched the government would go to extreme measures to hide it. Also sectioning up the ocean probably made it easier to control the world. If you think about where the red line divides paradise and the new world that’s the point where the oceans would intersect on that side of the world and also where the world nobles live and the three most important military bases are.
    Part 2
    The ancient weapons aren’t only for fighting the government but also for taking the grand line apart.
    Poseidon aka Shirahoshi can talk to sea kings. The calm belt is where sea kings live. They act as a barrier preventing people from entering the grand line from the sides. If Shirahoshi took control of the calm belt the grand line would be easily accessible to anyone.
    Pluton is the strongest warship ever. It can blow up an island. It might also be able to blow up the red line as well. Or at least make a hole in it where it cuts across the grand line. This would mean people wouldn’t have to dive down to the hole by Fishman Island or get ferried by the government to sail to the new world. This would also destroy Mariejoa getting rid of the world nobles and Fishman Island fulfilling Madam Shirley’s prediction.
    What Uranus is hasn’t been revealed yet but lots of people think it has something to do with the weather. I tend to agree. If it could undo what’s making the strange weather in the grand line the ocean would stabilise and people would be able to navigate normally, making sailing on it much easier.
    Part 3
    How I think One Piece will end is not very original. No doubt Oda will come up with an amazing twist or something brilliant that my uninventive brain can’t imagine.
    So a brief overview without any real details is this:
    The Strawhats reach Raftel and read the last poneglyph, which tells them the shocking truth the government was trying to hide, what the will of D is and how to use the weapons to stop the government. They spread the word on what the government has done and make a lot of people want to rebel. They gather up the ancient weapons and as many allies as they can, including the revolutionaries with Luffy’s Dad and Sabo, Hancock and the amazons and Shirahoshi and the Fishmen, to name a few. They start a huge world war fulfilling Whitebeards prophesy. And basically, they win after a long worldwide battle and Luffy beating the biggest bad from the government. Tada =)
    What’s important to what I’ve already written is that in order for the army on Luffy’s side to fight they’ll have to use the weapons to counteract the inhibiting nature of the grand line and destroy the part of the red line that divides paradise and the new world, an after effect will probably be the destruction of the grand line and the creation of all blue.
    This theory was inspired by reading the Inherited Will Theory by Kukriblades and all parts that are similar are credited to him. What do you think?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Ending – Grand Line/Ancient Weapons Theory

It's a pretty interesting theory. I always thought that there was something weird about the world in OP, first it's mostly made of islands, who all have a magnetic field, the weather is chaotic etc. So maybe you're right, the red line might have been artificially created, but what if the red line is all that remains of a bigger continent, and all the islands were actually part of that continent, that was destroyed by a big cataclysm(ancient weapons)? I think it would explain the islands having magnetic fields and the weather.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that idea. What if the islands are pieces of the Ancient Kingdom that was destroyed? That'd be cool =)

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

The ancient kingdom the way I imagine it was more like an empire, it ruled most of the world, when the 20 kingdoms got together they took its place. Either way I think Red line and Marijoie are fated to be destroyed, then the Fishmen will have to board Noah and live on the surface. And right at the place where Marijoie stands, the waters from the 4 seas will merge, creating All Blue.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you reply quick =) Maybe the continent was like England for the British Empire? Like their real homeland. I've always wondered why the Fishmen can't just swim to the surface or build some other boat.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe I saw your like so I replied . But yeah it would make sense that their homeland was somewhere on the continent, also I find it odd that the island where the ancient kingdom existed wasn't mentioned ,maybe it's because the place has simply been destroyed.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy who talked about the Ancient Kingdom was shot before he could say it's name let alone it's location. I don't think it's been brought up again since then.

New Reply