Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Artist Needed, Hopefully for Longterm Collaboration

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Artist Needed, Hopefully for Longterm Collaboration

Hello, I'm completely new here, but I've been itching to find someone to create a manga with for a very long time. I study creative writing at a university, so writing is more than a hobby or pastime for me; it's a lifestyle, something I want to do for a living in the future. However, short stories and novels wear on a person after a while. Manga fascinated me from a young age. With big-eyed characters and expressions I'd never seen in any western cartoon, stories much deeper and more mature than you find in American cartoons, I was hooked. And now I've finally realized that manga is the medium I most want to write in. Art and words coming together in harmony, seeing and reading events simultaneously; there isn't much better than that.

Sorry to bore you all with that. I should probably get on to why I'm here. As the title suggests, I need an artist to make manga. Well, pretty manga. I want to find someone who shares the same passion for manga I do, a person who's willing to work hard to make something great and love doing it. I can't pay anyone, but I like to think a fruitful partnership will lead to amazing things down the road. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but success doesn't come to those who don't believe in what they're trying to do.

So, if you're wondering, yes, I do have an idea for a manga. It's a science fiction, dystopian kind of story. I've tentatively titled it "Enter the Zone." Basically, it deals with a group a people forced, for lack of a better word, by the government to fight against creatures pouring into our world from another dimension. The creatures can enter anywhere in our world, so combating them is nearly impossible without special means. So the government administers exams to find "zone sensitive" individuals. These people have the unique ability to enter into the padding, so to speak, between our dimension and the creatures' dimension, called the Specter Zone. The creatures must cross this zone, where time and space are heavily compressed, to enter into our world. With proper training and equipment, along with a zone sensitive partner, these individuals can enter the zone and destroy the creatures before they reach us. There's more to the story than this, but I've given a fairly basic summary of the main idea.

I hope you all like what I have to offer. I'm open to other ideas and suggestions as well, really anything to get a project off the ground and moving. If you want to collaborate with me (which I really hope you do), just comment or send me a PM and we can work our logistics and details. I'm very excited about the prospect of creating a manga a lot of people can enjoy, and I believe making it happen will be an incredible experience. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for reading,
    Syntaxis

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Artist Needed, Hopefully for Longterm Collaboration

This is unrelated, but you would probably like GANTZ.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Artist Needed, Hopefully for Longterm Collaboration

I've read it, and I do like it, so props for guessing right. I'm a fan of manga like that. More mature and dark. Berserk is also quite good.

New Reply