Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Not Resized - http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4...setting7yx.jpg
    Resized - http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3...correct5nw.jpg

First time I typeset! ^_^ so fun.

Any suggestion?

Edit 01:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/329...setting1pu.jpg

I edit so it align to the left. And make the text a bit bigger. ^_^
    I'll skip the diamond shape right now. ^_^

edit 02:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2...setting9wl.jpg

The text is now more like a diamond shape
    and I edit it so the text is now just a bit bigger than before. ^_^

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Hehe, you were doing this while I typed up the Ten Typesetting Tips, which is now available in the tutorials subforum.

Here's what I have to say:

Place a little more effort into the arrangement of your text. Strive for the diamond shape.
    I like how you left a good amount of space in the bubble, but I think you left just a LITTLE bit too much. It probably would have worked out right if you resized the image first.

Also, "paragraph alignment: center" isn't the only way to do things. Especially for the line: "You're 14 already...." I would use Paragraph Alignment: Left, align the left edge of my text at the right position, and then manually hit return whenever I want the text to go to the next line.

I'm gonna post Editing Practice #002 next week. You can either wait until then and try that one, or do this one again and try to make it perfect, or both! ^^

Either way, it looks like you have a lot of potential, and I'm glad you found it very fun. I hope you keep studying with us here at the academy, and eventually earn a place in the Hall of Skill ^^
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the white in the bubbles, that really does take a little while to get used to it. You have to get a feel for it but over all it wasnt that bad a typesetting job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    Hehe, you were doing this while I typed up the Ten Typesetting Tips, which is now available in the tutorials subforum.

Here's what I have to say:

Place a little more effort into the arrangement of your text. Strive for the diamond shape.
    I like how you left a good amount of space in the bubble, but I think you left just a LITTLE bit too much. It probably would have worked out right if you resized the image first.

Also, "paragraph alignment: center" isn't the only way to do things. Especially for the line: "You're 14 already...." I would use Paragraph Alignment: Left, align the left edge of my text at the right position, and then manually hit return whenever I want the text to go to the next line.

I'm gonna post Editing Practice #002 next week. You can either wait until then and try that one, or do this one again and try to make it perfect, or both! ^^

Either way, it looks like you have a lot of potential, and I'm glad you found it very fun. I hope you keep studying with us here at the academy, and eventually earn a place in the Hall of Skill ^^
    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/329...setting1pu.jpg

I edit so it align to the left. And make the text a bit bigger. ^_^
    I'll skip the diamond shape right now. ^_^

edit 02:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2...setting9wl.jpg

The text is now more like a diamond shape
    and I edit it so the text is now just a bit bigger than before. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    About the white in the bubbles, that really does take a little while to get used to it. You have to get a feel for it but over all it wasnt that bad a typesetting job.
    thank you.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn you...I looked over 30 mins for a good sfx font because I didn't liked most of the ones I downloaded and than I check you version and recognize that we used the same font xD

Btw I like your version, especially the boing boing version is a whole other approach then the usual just black sfx text ( like mine).Nice idea =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by des
    Damn you...I looked over 30 mins for a good sfx font because I didn't liked most of the ones I downloaded and than I check you version and recognize that we used the same font xD

Btw I like your version, especially the boing boing version is a whole other approach then the usual just black sfx text ( like mine).Nice idea =)
    thank you ^_^
    Just getting a bit creative or so.

New Reply