Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Not Resized - http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4...setting7yx.jpg
    Resized - http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3...correct5nw.jpg

First time I typeset! ^_^ so fun.

Any suggestion?

Edit 01:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/329...setting1pu.jpg

I edit so it align to the left. And make the text a bit bigger. ^_^
    I'll skip the diamond shape right now. ^_^

edit 02:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2...setting9wl.jpg

The text is now more like a diamond shape
    and I edit it so the text is now just a bit bigger than before. ^_^

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamie attempts Editing Practice #001

Hehe, you were doing this while I typed up the Ten Typesetting Tips, which is now available in the tutorials subforum.

Here's what I have to say:

Place a little more effort into the arrangement of your text. Strive for the diamond shape.
    I like how you left a good amount of space in the bubble, but I think you left just a LITTLE bit too much. It probably would have worked out right if you resized the image first.

Also, "paragraph alignment: center" isn't the only way to do things. Especially for the line: "You're 14 already...." I would use Paragraph Alignment: Left, align the left edge of my text at the right position, and then manually hit return whenever I want the text to go to the next line.

I'm gonna post Editing Practice #002 next week. You can either wait until then and try that one, or do this one again and try to make it perfect, or both! ^^

Either way, it looks like you have a lot of potential, and I'm glad you found it very fun. I hope you keep studying with us here at the academy, and eventually earn a place in the Hall of Skill ^^
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the white in the bubbles, that really does take a little while to get used to it. You have to get a feel for it but over all it wasnt that bad a typesetting job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    Hehe, you were doing this while I typed up the Ten Typesetting Tips, which is now available in the tutorials subforum.

Here's what I have to say:

Place a little more effort into the arrangement of your text. Strive for the diamond shape.
    I like how you left a good amount of space in the bubble, but I think you left just a LITTLE bit too much. It probably would have worked out right if you resized the image first.

Also, "paragraph alignment: center" isn't the only way to do things. Especially for the line: "You're 14 already...." I would use Paragraph Alignment: Left, align the left edge of my text at the right position, and then manually hit return whenever I want the text to go to the next line.

I'm gonna post Editing Practice #002 next week. You can either wait until then and try that one, or do this one again and try to make it perfect, or both! ^^

Either way, it looks like you have a lot of potential, and I'm glad you found it very fun. I hope you keep studying with us here at the academy, and eventually earn a place in the Hall of Skill ^^
    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/329...setting1pu.jpg

I edit so it align to the left. And make the text a bit bigger. ^_^
    I'll skip the diamond shape right now. ^_^

edit 02:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2...setting9wl.jpg

The text is now more like a diamond shape
    and I edit it so the text is now just a bit bigger than before. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    About the white in the bubbles, that really does take a little while to get used to it. You have to get a feel for it but over all it wasnt that bad a typesetting job.
    thank you.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn you...I looked over 30 mins for a good sfx font because I didn't liked most of the ones I downloaded and than I check you version and recognize that we used the same font xD

Btw I like your version, especially the boing boing version is a whole other approach then the usual just black sfx text ( like mine).Nice idea =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by des
    Damn you...I looked over 30 mins for a good sfx font because I didn't liked most of the ones I downloaded and than I check you version and recognize that we used the same font xD

Btw I like your version, especially the boing boing version is a whole other approach then the usual just black sfx text ( like mine).Nice idea =)
    thank you ^_^
    Just getting a bit creative or so.

New Reply