Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193

Thread: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Sasuke has had three main goals within the series: 1) To kill Itachi, 2) To get revenge against the Council/Konoha for the Uchiha Massacre, and 3) To fulfill Itachi's desire for Konoha. Locating Itachi led directly to achieving that first goal, getting into the summit led directly to that second goal, and defeating Obito and Madara are leading into the third. So no, he didn't achieve his long term vendettas by only being concern with his goal over others.
    When did Sasuke allow for compassion, or concern for others, in any way to inhibit the completion of his tasks? This argument is pretty pointless.

    Quote Quote:
    And once again you mention power-ups when none of my examples involve him getting a power-up (aside from the Kirabi one which I don't consider a power-up because it's was a power he already possessed before the situation began.) Sasuke's power-ups have either happen before them (such as in the case with locating Itachi and getting to the summit) or inbetween them (such as between defeating Obito and fighting Madara). Teamwork ties directly to caring about others, especially when we're talking about risking one's life for your teammates. You don't risk your life for people if you don't care about them.
    Your first post mentioned his 'current power-up' and your last post referred to his new 'power', I didn't bring up power or power-ups, I've simply pointed out their irrelevance. And compassion isn't a necessity for teamwork, Sasuke was more than willing to allow allies to die if they weren't useful any longer.

    Quote Quote:
    Leaving Konoha? He thanked Sakura for her concern and outright acknowledged that Naruto was like a brother to him. Don't see any disregarding of them.
    Abandoning his team? Leaving his teammates to do his own thing is not abandonment and is far from disregarding them, especially since as mentioned, he was shown caring about both of them as he did it.
    How is it not 'abandoning' them? And yes, he talked to her, then disabled her, left, and the next time he saw her, he tried to kill her. This doesn't seem to be much in the way of compassion.

    Quote Quote:
    Lack of concern for Taka? The only time he ever shown a lack of concern was in the events around killing Danzo, which I already acknowledged. But there are plenty more situations showing he did care for them, several of which involved him protecting and risking his life for them. Heck, he kept them around even after they had done what he had brought them together for. Again, that's not disregarding them.
    I'd say that shows quite a bit. And he didn't seem particularly concerned with their absence after the Kage Summit. He was willing to take risks to protect them because they were useful to his cause.

    Quote Quote:
    Kirabi/Kumo/samurai? They were basically his enemies. Why would he have to have compassion for his enemies?
    They weren't his enemies. Kumo and Bee had done absolutely nothing to Sasuke. He chose to target individuals with zero involvement in his past and no intention of posing threat to him in order to further his vendetta. The same goes for the samurai.

    Quote Quote:
    Regularly abandoned? He did that in one arc. That's not regularly. Heck, he has protected Sakura twice in the current arc, despite her being of no use to him. And why should Sasuke have to consideration about the opposition? Better yet, how about you give an example of a "good" character caring about their enemy in favor of completing their goal.
    Konoha, Team 7, Oro, Karin, Taka. Is there anyone in his group that hasn't been left behind or straight up left for dead? And where is there any mention of considering opposition, why are you intent on making this something that it just isn't?

    Quote Quote:
    Considering they are Kages, how are they not examples of how to be a Kage? You do realize that a Kage is a military leader, who is specifically meant to handle their nation's armed forces. Pretty sure that means there will be wars and such underneath their command. Those two weren't naive. They knew full well what could happen if they didn't do what was needed, and still didn't do it. That's not being naive. And while he cared about Sasuke, Itachi never let those feeling get in the way of doing what he needed to do to achieve his master plan. He had no problem dropping Sasuke into two comas, planting the seeds for him to kill another Konoha ninja, or attacking him with lethal intent. He even had a backup plan prepared in case Sasuke didn't do what he wanted that would have taken away his free will. And Itachi had no problem threatening Konoha's destruction if Danzo didn't play along with his plan, or leaving Orochimaru around despite his clear intentions towards the village. Compassion does apparently given the way it's being used here. People are basically arguing that because Sasuke has put his goal ahead of the welfare of others (despite that not really being true) he doesn't care about anyone else (despite it being shown he does care in his own way), even though one of the major points if being a ninja has been to complete one's goal no matter the cost. We were literally told that ninjas were suppose to be people who endure to achieve their goals.
    Because they're awful at their job, they've failed time and time again. Their goal is to defend in times of war, not to start wars themselves. The were naïve, they believed the best of those they cared for despite the seemingly obvious clues that suggested otherwise. And you're making my point with Itachi, he was compassionate, but that didn't stop him from doing what needed to be done. You're the only one that sees otherwise. Shinobi are meant to endure to complete the goals that benefit their village, and people, suggesting self-sacrifice on their part.

    Quote Quote:
    Little in common? They both are willing to do what is necessary to protect the village. And more interpersonal skills? I would love some examples of that. Sasuke has been doing exactly what a Hokage is suppose to be doing, working to protect the village, and protecting those under him. He has literally saved Sakura's life twice, not to mention the numerous times he protected Naruto. But I guess since he didn't do it nicely, it means nothing. I want to know where this criteria that a potential leader has to be nice to everyone is coming from.
    Itachi's ability to communicate with others is far superior to Sasuke's; see Sasuke, Naruto, Nagato. Sasuke is arrogant where Itachi is modest. Sasuke is dismissive where Itachi is deferential. Itachi is in the mould of a protector, while Sasuke is quite intent on playing the role of avenger. Itachi and Sasuke are vey different in the manner in which they accomplish tasks, and how they handle others in the process. Yes, he's saved Sakura's life, but the question is if he saved her because of concern for her, or because she just happened to be in the way or the right place at the right time. There's the important distinction. No one's argued that Sasuke needs to be nice. Compassionate isn't necessarily synonymous with nice.

    You've somehow ventured into a discussion about whether Sasuke is fit to be a leader as he is, when the thread's premise is that a compassionate Sasuke would be a superior leader to the alternative. Why are you turning this into something it isn't meant to be?
    Last edited by Impossibility; June 01, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

  2. #17
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Zeuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    MangaHelpers
    Country
    Norway
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Neither Sasuke or Naruto are fit to be leaders, they are fit to lead together. Neither can do much without the other anymore, and Sasuke is the mind of logic while Naruto is the mind of emotions. If either person gains that trait from the other, then they'll be ideal leaders. But as it stands now, neither is fit to be a leader.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    When did Sasuke allow for compassion, or concern for others, in any way to inhibit the completion of his tasks? This argument is pretty pointless.
    He was gonna leave Karin to her own thing when she originally showed disinterest in joining Team Taka, the fight with Kirabi, helping Itachi to cancel out the Edo summoning, saving Naruto several times during the current war, AND went up against Madara when he didn't want to fight him anymore. What's pointless is the claim itself, because aside from a single time, there has never been a time where the two conflicted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Your first post mentioned his 'current power-up' and your last post referred to his new 'power', I didn't bring up power or power-ups, I've simply pointed out their irrelevance. And compassion isn't a necessity for teamwork, Sasuke was more than willing to allow allies to die if they weren't useful any longer.
    And given that after that mention, I went on to list and talk about examples that had nothing to do with power-ups, "power-ups" being irrelevant has nothing to do with the discussion. And compassion is necessary for teamwork, otherwise one wouldn't have a team in critical situations. As mentioned before, that only happen in a single situation. One time is not "more then willing", especially when we have seen him go out of his way to protect teammates regardless of their usefulness, such as Sakura...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    How is it not 'abandoning' them? And yes, he talked to her, then disabled her, left, and the next time he saw her, he tried to kill her. This doesn't seem to be much in the way of compassion.
    Abandonment doesn't usually involve saying goodbye and such. And... you do recall that Sasuke did nothing against her until she came running at him to attack him. Please point to where compassion is defined as allowing someone to kill you...

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'd say that shows quite a bit. And he didn't seem particularly concerned with their absence after the Kage Summit. He was willing to take risks to protect them because they were useful to his cause.
    No, it doesn't because the very next time he saw Karin, he apologized about his actions, even though he didn't need to. He wasn't concern about Juugo and Suigetsu because they both are basically immortal, a fact he knew well. And after the summit he wasn't in any position to go looking for them. Except they weren't at that point, because Sasuke didn't need them anymore for his "cause". Their sole purpose was to help him find Itachi, which they did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    They weren't his enemies. Kumo and Bee had done absolutely nothing to Sasuke. He chose to target individuals with zero involvement in his past and no intention of posing threat to him in order to further his vendetta. The same goes for the samurai.
    They were his enemy upon joining Akatsuki. And Sasuke's action against them had little to nothing to do with his "vendetta" and more to do with him being ordered to do so by Obito, considering he had no delusion about Obito's intentions. And the samurai attacked and literally attempted to kill him first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Konoha, Team 7, Oro, Karin, Taka. Is there anyone in his group that hasn't been left behind or straight up left for dead? And where is there any mention of considering opposition, why are you intent on making this something that it just isn't?
    Konoha wasn't his group, he said he goodbyes to Team Seven, and Orochimaru was taken within him. And that's still not "regularly". For it to be as you claim, he would have to "leave" someone every arc, yet that doesn't happen. You literally brought up Kirabi, Kumo, and the samurai, all opposition to Sasuke. If you want to claim that Sasuke is bad for not caring about those against him, you're gonna have to give a counter example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Because they're awful at their job, they've failed time and time again. Their goal is to defend in times of war, not to start wars themselves. The were naïve, they believed the best of those they cared for despite the seemingly obvious clues that suggested otherwise. And you're making my point with Itachi, he was compassionate, but that didn't stop him from doing what needed to be done. You're the only one that sees otherwise. Shinobi are meant to endure to complete the goals that benefit their village, and people, suggesting self-sacrifice on their part.
    Um, no. While it's true that it isn't their job to start wars, they do have to fight the wars their master's, the daimyo, wants. Any war fought first requires permission, as we have seen. So faulting them for the act of war is just silly. And again, they weren't naive. Hashirama made it clear he knew that Madara was dangerous, and Sarutobi outright saw what Orochimaru was capable of. There was no delusion of only believing the best or such. But Itachi wasn't compassionate, which is the point. Caring =/= compassionate. They have completely different definitions. Judging by the comments, no I'm not. Nothing was stated about just benefiting the village, and we have seen plenty showing differently. As for self-sacrifice, Sasuke has no aversion to doing such. He nearly sacrifice himself twice in Part One, against Itachi, and most recently against Madara.

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Itachi's ability to communicate with others is far superior to Sasuke's; see Sasuke, Naruto, Nagato. Sasuke is arrogant where Itachi is modest. Sasuke is dismissive where Itachi is deferential. Itachi is in the mould of a protector, while Sasuke is quite intent on playing the role of avenger. Itachi and Sasuke are vey different in the manner in which they accomplish tasks, and how they handle others in the process. Yes, he's saved Sakura's life, but the question is if he saved her because of concern for her, or because she just happened to be in the way or the right place at the right time. There's the important distinction. No one's argued that Sasuke needs to be nice. Compassionate isn't necessarily synonymous with nice.

    You've somehow ventured into a discussion about whether Sasuke is fit to be a leader as he is, when the thread's premise is that a compassionate Sasuke would be a superior leader to the alternative. Why are you turning this into something it isn't meant to be?
    How about you show it, because I'm failing to recall any showing of superiority. Anyway, 1) Not really. Aside from one or two times in Part One, Sasuke never hypes himself. He will hype the Uchiha's as a whole, but of his own strength he maintains a reasonable view, such as when he countered Karin's comments about him defeating Orochimaru. And Itachi has shown arrogance too, though obviously because it was true, such as against Kabuto. 2) Sasuke's deferential to those who deserve it, such as the Hokages, just like Itachi was. Apart from them, neither brother has shown much deference. 3) Um, yeah, Sasuke was intent on playing the role of avenger because he was literally manipulated into becoming so by Itachi, and it wasn't until recently that he was given an actual reason to think otherwise. Upon talking with the Hokages, he too took the role of protector. 4) They both prefer to handle things themselves, but aren't oppose to working with questionable and bad people if it means succeeding. They both prefer not to kill, but at the same time have no problem doing so if it's required. The only differences between the way they accomplish tasks are that Itachi is more manipulative while Sasuke is more straighforward and direct in his actions.

    Right, because Sasuke couldn't have just grabbed Naruto alone if he truly wanted to. And as mentioned, Sasuke has saved Sakura twice, with there being no need to do so the first time. Compassion, by definition, is "a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.". One doesn't have to be compassionate to be nice, but you kind of have to be nice to be compassionate.

    Um, no. From the very beginning, I have been pointing out that "compassion" is meaningless in deciding whether one could lead or not, and explained how we have actually been shown that it doesn't make one a better leader. The only reason I asked for a criteria is because you made the claim that "genocidal" Itachi was better interpersonally then "Hokage candidate" Sasuke (in addition to previous statement about the Kages being awful). So I'm just trying to figure out how you're deciding all of this.

  5. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member videogamer64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Yes but not being compassionate is a key part of his character

  6. #20
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    He was gonna leave Karin to her own thing when she originally showed disinterest in joining Team Taka, the fight with Kirabi, helping Itachi to cancel out the Edo summoning, saving Naruto several times during the current war, AND went up against Madara when he didn't want to fight him anymore. What's pointless is the claim itself, because aside from a single time, there has never been a time where the two conflicted.
    None of those things show concern for others, they show consideration of the means to an end. Everyone of them increased the resources available to him or were indirectly related to his goals at the time. And the interests of others have conflicted with Sasuke's goals time and time again.

    Quote Quote:
    And given that after that mention, I went on to list and talk about examples that had nothing to do with power-ups, "power-ups" being irrelevant has nothing to do with the discussion. And compassion is necessary for teamwork, otherwise one wouldn't have a team in critical situations. As mentioned before, that only happen in a single situation. One time is not "more then willing", especially when we have seen him go out of his way to protect teammates regardless of their usefulness, such as Sakura...
    Except of course the mention of his new 'power', but anyway. Compassion isn't necessary for teamwork. Sasuke, Madara, Oro, and Akatsuki, they've each shown they don't have to be even remotely interested in those they're fighting alongside.

    Quote Quote:
    Abandonment doesn't usually involve saying goodbye and such. And... you do recall that Sasuke did nothing against her until she came running at him to attack him. Please point to where compassion is defined as allowing someone to kill you...
    Just because you're forced to say farewell doesn't change that you're abandoning someone. Where in that sequence that I outlined did we see Sakura attempt to do anything to Sasuke before he decided to kill his former teammates? There's another thread for explaining away Sasuke's many actions.

    Quote Quote:
    No, it doesn't because the very next time he saw Karin, he apologized about his actions, even though he didn't need to. He wasn't concern about Juugo and Suigetsu because they both are basically immortal, a fact he knew well. And after the summit he wasn't in any position to go looking for them. Except they weren't at that point, because Sasuke didn't need them anymore for his "cause". Their sole purpose was to help him find Itachi, which they did.
    Yay, I left you for dead, but it's ok now because I'm going to apologise, now how about you tag along and make yourself useful. Suigetsu and Juugo are most definitely not 'basically immortal', he didn't worry about them because he didn't care about them. That was their original purpose, but that didn't stop them from being extremely useful going forward with his next plot.

    Quote Quote:
    They were his enemy upon joining Akatsuki. And Sasuke's action against them had little to nothing to do with his "vendetta" and more to do with him being ordered to do so by Obito, considering he had no delusion about Obito's intentions. And the samurai attacked and literally attempted to kill him first.
    Akatsuki was a means to an end, just like Oro, just like Taka. He took orders from Obito because it would get him closer to his next goal. And I'm not even getting into this argument about the samurai, this forum is littered with the endless excuses of why Sasuke didn't do anything wrong.

    Quote Quote:
    Konoha wasn't his group, he said he goodbyes to Team Seven, and Orochimaru was taken within him. And that's still not "regularly". For it to be as you claim, he would have to "leave" someone every arc, yet that doesn't happen. You literally brought up Kirabi, Kumo, and the samurai, all opposition to Sasuke. If you want to claim that Sasuke is bad for not caring about those against him, you're gonna have to give a counter example.
    So Konoha wasn't his group, ok, go with that. He didn't say 'goodbyes' to Team Seven, he tried to sneak out, and was forced to face Sakura. And once again saying goodbye to someone doesn't change that you're abandoning them. Oro was a stowaway, nothing more. And they were his opposition only after he attempted to kill and capture them. They were merely bystanders in his crusade.

    Quote Quote:
    Um, no. While it's true that it isn't their job to start wars, they do have to fight the wars their master's, the daimyo, wants. Any war fought first requires permission, as we have seen. So faulting them for the act of war is just silly. And again, they weren't naive. Hashirama made it clear he knew that Madara was dangerous, and Sarutobi outright saw what Orochimaru was capable of. There was no delusion of only believing the best or such. But Itachi wasn't compassionate, which is the point. Caring =/= compassionate. They have completely different definitions. Judging by the comments, no I'm not. Nothing was stated about just benefiting the village, and we have seen plenty showing differently. As for self-sacrifice, Sasuke has no aversion to doing such. He nearly sacrifice himself twice in Part One, against Itachi, and most recently against Madara.
    So they've succeeded at their jobs? Of course, we can fault them. The manga has laid the blame at the feet of Kages and the villages, time and time again. Yes, but they decided to think that they would act justly. And I'm fairly certain that everyone would agree that Itachi is compassionate. And yet the comments are pretty much direct 'yes' responses to the question. They operate on behalf of the village, missions for the village, who else would be the primary beneficiary.

    Quote Quote:
    How about you show it, because I'm failing to recall any showing of superiority. Anyway, 1) Not really. Aside from one or two times in Part One, Sasuke never hypes himself. He will hype the Uchiha's as a whole, but of his own strength he maintains a reasonable view, such as when he countered Karin's comments about him defeating Orochimaru. And Itachi has shown arrogance too, though obviously because it was true, such as against Kabuto. 2) Sasuke's deferential to those who deserve it, such as the Hokages, just like Itachi was. Apart from them, neither brother has shown much deference. 3) Um, yeah, Sasuke was intent on playing the role of avenger because he was literally manipulated into becoming so by Itachi, and it wasn't until recently that he was given an actual reason to think otherwise. Upon talking with the Hokages, he too took the role of protector. 4) They both prefer to handle things themselves, but aren't oppose to working with questionable and bad people if it means succeeding. They both prefer not to kill, but at the same time have no problem doing so if it's required. The only differences between the way they accomplish tasks are that Itachi is more manipulative while Sasuke is more straighforward and direct in his actions.
    This is just getting sad. Sasuke isn't arrogant? Seriously? Sasuke isn't deferential by any real stretch of the imagination, while we've seen it from Itachi prior to his departure from Konoha and even after his revival. Does it matter what factors shaped him into what he is , it's what he is. This isn't a discussion about why Sasuke is the way he is, it's a discussion about possibly improving the way he is.

    Quote Quote:
    Right, because Sasuke couldn't have just grabbed Naruto alone if he truly wanted to. And as mentioned, Sasuke has saved Sakura twice, with there being no need to do so the first time. Compassion, by definition, is "a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.". One doesn't have to be compassionate to be nice, but you kind of have to be nice to be compassionate.

    Um, no. From the very beginning, I have been pointing out that "compassion" is meaningless in deciding whether one could lead or not, and explained how we have actually been shown that it doesn't make one a better leader. The only reason I asked for a criteria is because you made the claim that "genocidal" Itachi was better interpersonally then "Hokage candidate" Sasuke (in addition to previous statement about the Kages being awful). So I'm just trying to figure out how you're deciding all of this.
    Considering the size of his Susanoo and the proximity of Sakura to Naruto, it would've required unnecessary effort to avoid Sakura and Kakashi. I don't think anyone would seriously argue that if Sasuke had to put in extra effort that he would've shielded Kakashi and Sakura. And the 'first time' isn't considered to be any indication of an intent to save Sakura, so much as an intent to kill Madara. And there isn't any need to be nice in order to be compassionate, those two things can quite easily be mutually exclusive of another.

    Is that what you've been doing, I was under the impression that you were defending Sasuke's character, and arguing that he was concerned about the condition of others, in not so many words, compassionate. Otherwise, I can't imagine what the initial response was for. Itachi is better at communicating with others than Sasuke is, this isn't a stretch. You're just basically fabricating an argument about Sasuke, even when one doesn't need to exist.

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #21
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuke View Post
    Neither Sasuke or Naruto are fit to be leaders, they are fit to lead together. Neither can do much without the other anymore, and Sasuke is the mind of logic while Naruto is the mind of emotions. If either person gains that trait from the other, then they'll be ideal leaders. But as it stands now, neither is fit to be a leader.
    I agree, but for strategic and cold behavior stuff, there's always advisors. So Naruto goes in favor definitely.

  9. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Country
    Joker
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    ]

    guys line Naruto only could be leader in stories , in real life , no one will accept them as leaders because our world ( or its better to say people who made the our world ) are cruel and a naive person will just send his followers to their graves ....

    but in this manga everything will goes according of Naruto's wishes , so for this story , Naruto is better choice because mangaka will solve everything for him .

    Why people follows Naruto in this manga !? cause he is good !? cause he is kind heart person !? cause he believe in peace !? cause he cares about his friends !?

    the answer is NO , they follow him because he has POWER ...

  10. #23
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    I agree, but for strategic and cold behavior stuff, there's always advisors. So Naruto goes in favor definitely.
    The same could be said for Sasuke having advisors to make up for his lack of compassion. Like when Sasuke instructed Suigetsu to release all of Orochimaru's prisoners, but Suigetsu took it upon himself to say to them while releasing them: "Tell the world Uchiha Sasuke set you free!!" Even if Sasuke didn't care to be known as a hero, he had people around who made sure he was seen that way.

  11. #24
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Sasuke has some compassion though, even if it's not genuine compassion. He could have had the prisoners killed or tortured if they stood in his way, but instead he had them left alone or knocked unconscious. Hell, Sasuke doesn't need to show compassion to be an ideal leader, he just needs to not be as much of an asshole as he was to Kakashi and Sakura. He can be more like Tobirama and be a great leader.

  12. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    I am not sure if Tobirama was such a great leader, in fact it seems he caused most of the problems of the village. And that's exactly why Sasuke wouldn't make a good leader... ideas like segregating the Uchiha are, ironically, the stuff Sasuke would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  13. #26
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Why would Sasuke think of segregating the Uchiha when he knows segregation and prejudice caused problems? Tobirama didn't cause most of the problems, it was Danzou who did. Even after Tobirama pushed the Uchiha away, they were still getting along well until Danzou and the elders decided to get too power hungry and strip the Uchiha of their political voice, refusing to give it back. Sasuke's not gonna do any sort of stuff, nor will he be stupidly naive like Naruto.

  14. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Tobirama tought of the Uchiha as dangerous, and did what he could to put them aside from the village. That's why the Uchiha planned to fight against the village. That was a strategical, methodic move from Tobirama, the sort of thing Sasuke would think of too.

    Frankly Sasuke didn't learned anything from the Uchiha incident. I.e. he turned crazy because his parents were killed, thus he shouldn't be killing samurais and leaving some orphans behind, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  15. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    ( ´_ゝ`) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    If you take away the major flaw of any major character, they're going to look pretty good.
    Yeah, it would turn him into a Garry Sue.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

  16. #29
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The same could be said for Sasuke having advisors to make up for his lack of compassion. Like when Sasuke instructed Suigetsu to release all of Orochimaru's prisoners, but Suigetsu took it upon himself to say to them while releasing them: "Tell the world Uchiha Sasuke set you free!!" Even if Sasuke didn't care to be known as a hero, he had people around who made sure he was seen that way.
    Yeah, if you look for a needle in a haystack. Also, people want compassion from a leader, not his advisors. Let's not exaggerate too much. He can't be compared to Naruto when it comes to compassion, sugarcoating just ain't gonna cut it.

  17. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,993
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If Sasuke ever learns to be compassionate, would he be the ideal leader, compared to Naruto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Yeah, if you look for a needle in a haystack. Also, people want compassion from a leader, not his advisors. Let's not exaggerate too much. He can't be compared to Naruto when it comes to compassion, sugarcoating just ain't gonna cut it.
    They also want intelligence from a leader, not his advisors. As I said, it's a two road street. The only way you could possibly prove the point you're trying to make (terribly) is if you genuinely believe compassion is more important between the two.

    So which is it? What's more important? Intelligence or compassion?

New Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts