Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Kaji Kazena

  1. #31
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

    Panel that prove it? Well, Kaji end the match with the injury, so he have to be in contract with a ball some way or another. In both of Oni's match that was shown on scene. There is an amazing number of 0 shot aim at the person themselves. So...? Wow, it's just so not clear what's going on.

    ---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

    Actually, make that 3 match. It's the same with Byoudonin. The scar comes from the ball itself when Byoudonin use racquet to return.

    ---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

    And when there's 3 match from him and 0 ball aim at players, it's an assumption that Oni will just aim at the players in that match he happen to have off scene.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  2. #32
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 123 and 124 Discussion/Predictions

    Lol, the thread is real

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Panel that prove it?


    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    There is an amazing number of 0 shot aim at the person themselves.
    Yeah, we saw a lot of shots in his match against Kaji.

    We actually do know that he aimed at Momo's racket knowing that he would break Momo's wrists, so there you have a magnificent Panel of Oni hurting someone intentionally. You can take a picture and paste it in your forehead if you want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    it's an assumption that Oni will just aim at the players in that match he happen to have off scene.
    Uhm, his match against Kintarou was pretty much off scene, we only see him hit like 1 Kijin ball, and I'm saying that he didn't aim at Kintarou. So that's an off scene match. (not an ass towards Kintarou)

    We saw him hurting Momo. (ass)

    We saw him not aiming at Byoudouin. (not an ass)

    We know he injured Kaji. (ass)

    ---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

    Oh, look what I found looking at an old thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by nekomata View Post
    Also, characters who are DEAD TO ME:
    Kite
    Tohno
    Byoudouin
    Akutsu
    And possibly some others I can't seem to remember at the moment. I have no respect for players who have to resort to injuring their opponents to win. No respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    @Oni also injured Momoshiro. He definitely can win that match without using any move at all.
    Interesting, isn't it?
    Last edited by Hardy; May 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    I'm not going to read through all the posts in detail again, but two points from what I remember reading:

    1. Remember that the panel of Kaji after losing was changed in the volume and actually looks like this.

    2. Hardy, the point about the stat comments was (I think) that depending on the level you're at, you're expected to meet different benchmarks. Tezuka is probably compared on G10 level, whereas Kintarou's comments seem to use a lower level as standard, hence Kintarou's sound more positive.




    Lastly, everyone participating in this discussion should watch their language.

  5. #34
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    ROFL, look at Kaji. Why was it changed?

    Well, I dunno, it really depends. Racing motorbikes sounded faster than anything ¨average¨ for even a g-10 player.

    And believe me, I was watching my language.

    Wait so, they played at night or noon?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  6. #35
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    ROFL, look at Kaji. Why was it changed?
    I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that it was changed to show the blood on the ball and Kaji bleeding from his forehead, which gives you a parallel to how Byoudouin got hit by the giant illusion ball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Wait so, they played at night or noon?
    At night. Or well, very early morning I guess.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    I'm guessing the game against Kaji was changed because it didn't made Oni look uber enough.

  9. #37
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    It should be noted, Kaji Kazena is the first victim of Oni Juujirou that Oni felt the need to apologize to after he defeated them. I felt it was clear Oni knew he was doing something cruel here.

    He never gave an apology to Momoshiro Takeshi or Tooyama Kintaro or Takei Toshio when he kicked their asses. I think its clear Oni knew what he was doing when he wrecked Kaji's career.

  10. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Oni being humble I guess. Not many people are capable of apologizing in PoT world.

  11. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Against Momoshiro, Momoshiro waist is just too weak. We knows Kintarou return it just fine. Oni even go easy on Momoshiro by using 2 string racquet.

    ---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

    Hmm, just saw the page that Kaoz show. It looks to me like Oni already go easy on Kaji. Remember that Byoudonin had blood like this,

    http://2.p.mpcdn.net/6987/397733/15.jpg

    It looks like he either was holding back his power then. If he was going at it with the same power he going for when playing Byoudonin Kaji will be in a lots more blood.

    ---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

    @Old post. People can change their mind. I don't see any idoits still claiming Mouri can beat Fuji or Mirror Eyes doesn't exist. I just see more of Oni and decide he's not too bad.

    On the other hand, I've seen more of Byoudonin and hate him a lot more. I actually like him at this page here

    http://2.p.mpcdn.net/6987/111011/9.jpg

    That's one of my favorite page from Byoudonin, he do go down in my ranking quickly though.

    Really, it's probably because of Oni's attitude outside the match that I don't think he's an ass. I'm okay with Kirihara/Gin/Kawamura/Tetsu. They hurts their opponents but they are pretty nice outside the match. Gin puts Kawamura in a lot of injuries as far as I remember (many broken bones), and that's fine with me. Even the devil mode Kirihara doesn't continue to hit Inui when Inui is unconscious. Their opponents went into the match and so they don't seem to complain about any injury they got from Kaji. The injury Kaji got is just power creep because it's SPoT instead of PoT.

    I don't like Byoudonin or #8 though, they are an ass inside and outside the match. They don't have anything likable unless you just like kind of players who likes to hurt other people.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  12. #40
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Against Momoshiro, Momoshiro waist is just too weak. We knows Kintarou return it just fine. Oni even go easy on Momoshiro by using 2 string racquet.
    Really? I just quoted you saying that Oni ¨definitely can win that match without using any move at all¨ and that he could join the list of ¨Kite, Tohno, Byoudouin, Akutsu¨ (in other words, the assholes).

    He even knows he would break Momo's wrists ffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Hmm, just saw the page that Kaoz show. It looks to me like Oni already go easy on Kaji. Remember that Byoudonin had blood like this,

    http://2.p.mpcdn.net/6987/397733/15.jpg

    It looks like he either was holding back his power then. If he was going at it with the same power he going for when playing Byoudonin Kaji will be in a lots more blood.
    Except that Kaji is in a hospital trying to move his body, and Byoudouin is shown standing up like nothing happenned?

    And the amount of blood in one character or the other isn't the best way to measure if the opponent is holding back or not.

    ---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    @Old post. People can change their mind. I don't see any idoits still claiming Mouri can beat Fuji or Mirror Eyes doesn't exist. I just see more of Oni and decide he's not too bad.

    On the other hand, I've seen more of Byoudonin and hate him a lot more. I actually like him at this page here

    http://2.p.mpcdn.net/6987/111011/9.jpg

    That's one of my favorite page from Byoudonin, he do go down in my ranking quickly though.

    Really, it's probably because of Oni's attitude outside the match that I don't think he's an ass. I'm okay with Kirihara/Gin/Kawamura/Tetsu. They hurts their opponents but they are pretty nice outside the match. Gin puts Kawamura in a lot of injuries as far as I remember (many broken bones), and that's fine with me. Even the devil mode Kirihara doesn't continue to hit Inui when Inui is unconscious. Their opponents went into the match and so they don't seem to complain about any injury they got from Kaji. The injury Kaji got is just power creep because it's SPoT instead of PoT.

    I don't like Byoudonin or #8 though, they are an ass inside and outside the match. They don't have anything likable unless you just like kind of players who likes to hurt other people.
    In other words, you changed your opinion in that subject because you like Oni now? So you're admitting you're just biased? lol

    The fact that Oni was nice to some kids and Tokugawa doesn't mean he wasn't an ass to Momo. He was. And so was against Kaji. Dunno why you're argueing against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  13. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Read the post I add. I mention the reason. Kaji went into the match knowing that there are moves that can hurt him, he at the minimum knows BJK, which can break wrists. Injury one causes aren't the reason people view as an ass. No one really go after the one I list despite their move hurting others. It's the attitude outside the match. Oni got a pretty good one. What he does inside the match is irrelevant for me. I actually mention this point a long while back. Some players in the HS just have a bad attitude outside the match straight out.

    ---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

    Well, it sure doesn't looks like Momoshiro hate Oni despite Oni being an ass to him then. And we haven't seen Kaji reaction yet, so because there's no evidence for either side I consider it to be assumption and should just be throw out because any argument there is just an assumption and as I stated before evidence>assumption. It just is. Try being in a court where you bring bunch of assumption and the other side have some evidence. It's just clear which side is going to win.

    Well, if being in a court class is too difficult, try a law class. That'll teach you to use evidence. I study it for 2 quarter and it's pretty fun, and the main reason I hold evidence over assumption.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 31, 2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. #42
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    We know that Kaji wasn't expecting anything like Kijin. What does it have to do with this anyway? Tokugawa underestimated Byoudouin (just like Kaji did with Oni) and the latter destroyed him.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    What he does inside the match is irrelevant for me.
    Then why are you even discussing if you're biased? The worse part is that you say that anyone that doesn't agree with you is biased, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Well, it sure doesn't looks like Momoshiro hate Oni despite Oni being an ass to him then. And we haven't seen Kaji reaction yet, so because there's no evidence for either side I consider it to be assumption and should just be throw out because any argument there is just an assumption and as I stated before evidence>assumption. It just is. Try being in a court where you bring bunch of assumption and the other side have some evidence. It's just clear which side is going to win.

    Well, if being in a court class is too difficult, try a law class. That'll teach you to use evidence. I study it for 2 quarter and it's pretty fun, and the main reason I hold evidence over assumption.
    I don't care what Momo thinks. He's an idiot. And he's a manga character, he'll be like Vegeta and be happy if someone leaves him in a coma but he ends up being stronger thanks to that later. That doesn't change that, in the end, Oni wanted to injure him.

    (just because you don't hate someone doesn't mean that person isn't an ass btw).

    Why are you even talking about law school? I mean, I get it, you're trying to sound more convincing and make fun of me at the same time. That's pretty harsh, and tbh you do crap like that all the time. Maybe you should learn some manners instead of laws?

    Edit: And really, you're asking me for a panel that shows that Kaji isn't grateful with Oni prolly ending his tennis carreer? FOR REAL? LOL
    Last edited by Hardy; May 31, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap


  15. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    The only time I use the word biased in this discussion is this line.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I prefer to use stats that Konomi give straight out because it's not biased.
    It kind of reminds me of when a certain user use another word and claim it doesn't mean what I say it does and I have to go dig up a dictionary meaning, doesn't it? Hmm.

    You don't care for Momoshiro's, who is a direct victim, opinion? Well, that's cool. I don't care what you think. SPoT is a manga, and it's character's opinion that matter. If Momoshiro is cool with it, then the action are fine.

    And yes, why not. I don't see Kaji crying or shouting or getting angry at Oni after their match end. That's the only panel of Kaji we've seen after the match end, and he's just talking to. And it doesn't look like the victims are having as much problems with Oni as much as you for his action. Kaji's comment is just him talking to Oni normally about BJK and "that" which is probably Kishin. It's not like Kaji cry or curse Oni or anything.

    Oh, I learn a lot of manners. I just don't see a reason to use it on someone who try to give me crap, that's all. You can't expect me not to decrease my manners when you start bring in old discussion as if person couldn't change their mind and ask for the evidence when you are trying to make a point that Oni is a jerk. That's not going to fly in a court. You bring up the case, you prove your case. Lack of evidence that Oni means to do is in that case the evidence that Oni doesn't mean to do it. Ask your lawyer if you got one, I'm not lying. If that's not the case, anything be just be assume and pretty much everyone can be guilty. It's not just the court. You work in a major company and you come up with a project, you show evidence to your boss that the project can work. Do you just ask the other side to show evidence that your project wouldn't work? Sure, they might do that, but they don't have to at all. Your project will get shut down if you just show enough evidence that it can works. You state something, you prove it. It's pretty simple. It's just assumption when you just each have your own opinion, which isn't the fact, but maybe you'll be happier with that, I don't know. But yeah, you can try to prove me wrong if you want. It's just facts that I mention. Sorry that you don't like it, but evidence>assumption is just the way the world works most of the time.

    And well, on the basis of the argument, of course it's going to be biased. Seeing someone as an ass or not is really opinion base. Each people have different line for being an ass. I stated my line, and that line is just different than your. You obviously think I'm the rude person here, and I think you are. I just don't keep manners against someone who don't show me any. If you just say "I don't really have an evidence" I would just drop it. If I ever bring up a fact in the future feel free to ask me for evidence because I do have to support it because I'm the person bring up that point. Otherwise, see my sig. See the different line that each person have here? It's all just opinion. And opinion is biased, as oppose to the fact.
    Last edited by -Ken-; May 31, 2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  16. #44
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    In other words, you changed your opinion in that subject because you like Oni now? So you're admitting you're just biased? lol

    The fact that Oni was nice to some kids and Tokugawa doesn't mean he wasn't an ass to Momo. He was. And so was against Kaji. Dunno why you're argueing against it.
    This is pretty much the key question Ken.
    Do you think it was okay that Oni did what he did to Kaji? Since Kaji is the only person that Oni apologized to, I think its clear Oni knew what he was doing.
    I highly doubt that Kaji was really glad that Oni not only replaced him on the All-Japan Juniors, but also felt the need to ruin his career as an athlete.
    I didn't know that was a moral thing to do personally.

    I guess Oni is a nice person for ruining someone's career and not giving a damn about the fact they ruined someone's career. Imagine someone decided to use a move that they knew would end your career. Then they said "sorry" and then walked off and didn't even help you up or anything.
    I suppose you're going to tell me that person is a nice guy? I don't buy it.

    Is Oni an asshole on the level of Byoudouin? Of course not. He was still a jerk towards Kaji.

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kaji Kazena

    Did Oni apologize because he knew what he was doing or what he has done? I think there is a huge difference between the two. He actually apologize after the match, so it doesn't look intentional to me. Now, if they were playing, and Oni apologize, and smash the ball that crush Kaji's career, that'll be a different story for me. But that's how I intercept that panel and that's how you intercept it.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts