Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup

I'm quite curious about MiyamotoMusashi predictions now, he predicted Italy as champion and it sounds impossible now given the circumstances.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    I'm quite curious about MiyamotoMusashi predictions now, he predicted Italy as champion and it sounds impossible now given the circumstances.
    Indeed. Then again, ignoring Montilivo for a moment, if Balotelli isn't scoring, and he's not at the moment, Italy was never going anywhere.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, just now I realised that I can't see other people's Brackets until the WC begins, lol.

What do you mean?
    I thought you guys had the same one.

Edit: K, now, this is mine.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, I couldn't really call it, "Fuck Brazil and fuck Argentina," now could I?

I picked my bracket without even having looked at the Dutch squad...I'll need to go revise that. I'll probably switch it to Brazil losing in the SFs to Germany.

Of course, Spain progressing relies on them actually having midfielders who can run and then defenders who can actually read. Also, "King" Iker needs to stop playing for the national team.
    But we don't dive

Spain has no chance

¨King¨ Iker? It's Saint Iker, lol.
    Last edited by Hardy; June 01, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    But we don't dive

Spain has no chance

¨King¨ Iker? It's Saint Iker, lol.
    Sure...Argentina doesn't really dive, but it's really that I'm very anti-Messi these days. He really attempts to stay on his feet, but I still don't like him. I used to actually prefer Messi to Cristiano, but once Messi started really becoming a diva and all of that stuff, it was over for me.

A Saint has to have done something noteworthy. Plenty of people can be kings. :P Now, you could say Saint Iniesta and I'd be on board, but definitely not Iker.

Anyway, I know del Bosque doesn't want to rock the boat, but Iker shouldn't be anywhere near the WC right now. You saw his screw up in the CL Final, and that nearly, and should've, cost Real the title. In Euro 2012, Iker wasn't hacking it either. He hasn't been convincing for the last two plus seasons and yet he's still the Captain of Spain and still starting.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You really did it with Spain losing in the first round? lol
    They don't convince me, but I wouldn't underestimate them that much.

Argentina champion inside Maracanã? It is not gonna happen. XD
    You made my country lose to Germany in the semifinal to turn it more realistic? You know that you don't have a chance against us inside the sacred temple of the soccer.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Iker gave them the 2010 WC, lol. He saved Spain's ass against Paraguay and against the Netherlands, and he was the best keeper of the last decade. His nickname, in Spanish, is really ¨San Iker¨. Keepers make mitakes often, they are humans, and they play in the most ungrateful position of the game. That's like saying that Chelsea should had been out against PSG in the CL because of Cech's horrible performance in the first match. And... Spain simply doesn't have a better keeper. Diego López isn't even close to him. Reina is a joke. Valdez is injured. De Gea is Manchester United's keeper (lol).

I dunno what your bracket is tho (as I said, we can't see each others' until the WC starts) Do you mind sharing it?

Look what I found in the site:

I know it's ESPN but... lol

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

You really did it with Spain losing in the first round? lol
    They don't convince me, but I wouldn't underestimate them that much.

Argentina champion inside Maracanã? It is not gonna happen. XD
    You made my country lose to Germany in the semifinal to turn it more realistic? You know that you don't have a chance against us inside the sacred temple of the soccer.
    I think Netherlands is, overall, a better team that Spain. And I really really trust Chile.

Well, Leo, Uruguay did it, I dunno why we wouldn't

Btw, yours is the same as the one you linked in the first page, right?
    Last edited by Hardy; June 01, 2014 at 12:52 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

As keeper we have Julio Cesar... In short, I'm worried.
    He was good in the past, but now he doesn't convince even a little. Well, we have a good defense at least.

I think Netherlands is, overall, a better team that Spain. And I really really trust Chile.

Well, Leo, Uruguay did it, I dunno why we wouldn't
    Dunno...

They were lucky. It will not be repeated.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Iker gave them the 2010 WC, lol. He saved Spain's ass against Paraguay and against the Netherlands, and he was the best keeper of the last decade. His nickname, in Spanish, is really ¨San Iker¨. Keepers make mitakes often, they are humans, and they play in the most ungrateful position of the game. That's like saying that Chelsea should had been out against PSG in the CL because of Cech's horrible performance in the first match. And... Spain simply doesn't have a better keeper. Diego López isn't even close to him. Reina is a joke. Valdez is injured. De Gea is Mancherster United's keeper (lol).

I dunno what your bracket is tho (as I said, we can't see each others' until the WC starts) Do you mind sharing it?
    I'm too lazy to screenshot it, but it's Germany beating Portugal in the Final. I have Portugal beating Belgium, Argentina, and Spain on the way to the Final, three teams that each have one or two major issues. Portugal is a solid team, but nothing great (aside from Cristiano magic), and they would probably be destroyed in the Final against Germany, if such a match were to take place.

Paraguay never should've been competing on Spain's level in that match, which is a failure across the board. If he made a big save or two, well, that was 2010, not 2012 or 2014. The Netherlands was utterly inept in that final and I don't recall Iker doing anything.

Diego Lopez has been better than Iker on a week to week basis. Lopez doesn't have the highs in his career that Iker has, but Lopez also wasn't given the chance to shine on the big stage at any point in his career, truthfully. Buffon shouldn't be starting for Italy at this point either, but he still does based on pedigree and history. I make the exact same argument against Buffon. It's 2014, not 2006 or 2010, and certainly not 2012.

Obviously Reina, Valdes, and De Gea aren't options as they're bard/old, injured, or just not very good. I'd still rather see Iker gone and Diego Lopez starting, and then having Reina as the backup.

Saying a club or national team should be out is far different from an argument against a single player (Spain would do better in the WC with someone other than Iker starting). Based on what we've seen over the past 18 or so months, Courtois is significantly better than Cech, and fans are right to say Courtois should be starting. it's not a one game thing either. Cech's just not been that good lately, and the game against PSG was horrible, but that's not the sole reason I was saying he should be replaced at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't part of why you say Iker is the best over the past 10 years because he has those international titles? Buffon has a WC as well, and I'd say that he had a better career as a keeper than Iker ever had. I'd say Cech was about on par with the two of them for their careers, but all three are on the way out.

I'm just going to end this by saying that if I were Diego Lopez and Iker makes some more horrific blunders and I'm sitting at home on my couch because del Bosque shows loyalty to his players (such as Iker), I'd be quite pissed. Iker didn't cover himself in any glory in Euro 2012 either, and since then, he's been injured or benched, basically.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; June 01, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Paraguay had a nice team, and a pretty good Coach :3

You don't recall Iker saving a 1 on 1 against Robben at all?

Dude, Diego just isn't that good... like, he just simply isn't. He had chances to shine (the entire past season, and in this one he was a starter in more than 30 La Liga matches, whereas Iker took care of the Copa del Rey and the CL -guess which ones were won by Madrid btw, lol-). If there isn't anything clearly better to make a change, then why would you do it in the first place?

I said that ¨Chelsea should be out¨ just because you said that ¨Real should had lost it¨.

And I am aware of Buffon's level in the last decade, but the 3 CL Iker has won with Madrid leave him one step above Buffon imo.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Paraguay had a nice team, and a pretty good Coach :3

You don't recall Iker saving a 1 on 1 against Robben at all?

Dude, Diego just isn't that good... like, he just simply isn't. He had chances to shine (the entire past season, and in this one he was a starter in more than 30 La Liga matches, whereas Iker took care of the Copa del Rey and the CL -guess which ones were won by Madrid btw, lol-). If there isn't anything clearly better to make a change, then why would you do it in the first place?

I said that ¨Chelsea should be out¨ just because you said that ¨Real should had lost it¨.

And I am aware of Buffon's level in the last decade, but the 3 CL Iker has won with Madrid leave him one step above Buffon imo.
    Paraguay were more lucky than good and Spain even being on equal ground with them was evidence of how poorly Spain were playing.

I do not. The only standout moment from that match is the flying kick.

Over an entire season, it's different and your outfield players aren't always going to perform. The La Liga matches Iker got to play, well, the team was generally bad and Iker wasn't that good.

There was a direct difference. Chelsea had a second leg to play (so an entire new 90 minute match), whereas as Real were just about out (within 90 seconds of going out and Iker's screw up was the difference in that match, at least for the first 80-85 minutes, after which Atletico were tied and out of subs).

To me, part of the winning three CL titles has to do with Madrid having the two Galaticos eras, so a spending money issue, whereas Juve hasn't been that relevant, outside of the Serie A, for a number of years. Sure, they had a decent performance in the 12/13 CL, but that was it and it wasn't repeated the next season. On the other hand, Buffon hasn't had to face players like Messi or Ronaldinho on a regular basis.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Portugal! Portugal! Portugal

Favorite to win this for me are Spain, Germany and Brazil.

Argentina is just like Portugal ... has some good players but the team overall just doesn't work sometimes.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe in the netherlands at all. If chile needs to surprise one of the two big teams, I see the oranje most likely to be beaten than Spain.
    Their squad is far from impressive:

Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (AFC Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcaste United FC), Michel Vorm (Swansea City AFC).

Defenders: Daley Blind (AFC Ajax), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Joël Veltman (AFC Ajax), Paul Verhaegh (FC Augsburg), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa FC), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord).

Midfielders: Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Leroy Fer (Norwich City FC), Jonathan De Guzman (Swansea City AFC), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray AŞ), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV Eindhoven).

Forwards: Memphis Depay (PSV Eindhoven), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (FC Schalke 04), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahçe SK), Jeremain Lens (FC Dynamo Kyiv, Robin van Persie (Manchester United FC), Arjen Robben (FC Bayern München)

I don't know why Hardy is seeing them that good. It's a "between generations" team. Van Persie is not at his best. Defense is made of players out of the very weak dutch league. Not a great keeper as well. I don't believe in that team. On paper, it's the weakest team they had in 25 years.

Ok, Van Gaal is the coach but still, a finale would be a miracle
    Last edited by zelllogan; June 01, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the ESPN thing as well o/
    Is there a reason the brackets you guys produced so far don't show the choice of "champion" or is it just not visible to others like the whole bracket?
    Either way, mine doesn't make much sense from a sporty pov, don't expect too much ;D

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I don't know why Hardy is seeing them that good. It's a "between generations" team. Van Persie is not at his best. Defense is made of players out of the very weak dutch league. Not a great keeper as well. I don't believe in that team. On paper, it's the weakest team they had in 25 years.

Ok, Van Gaal is the coach but still, a finale would be a miracle
    It's mostly the fact that almost every other big team (except Germany) isn't at their best either. If you see the draw I did, they big teams they beat are imo Spain (a team I've talked shit for years now) and Italy... it's not like I made them beat Germany and Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Portugal! Portugal! Portugal

Favorite to win this for me are Spain, Germany and Brazil.

Argentina is just like Portugal ... has some good players but the team overall just doesn't work sometimes.
    You wish...

We're 2 times World champions and 2 times runner ups. 3 out of 5 of the best players in history were born here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    I'm in the ESPN thing as well o/
    Is there a reason the brackets you guys produced so far don't show the choice of "champion" or is it just not visible to others like the whole bracket?
    Either way, mine doesn't make much sense from a sporty pov, don't expect too much ;D
    You can't see others' brackets till the WC starts. You'll have to share it printing the screen like I did or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    3 out of 5 of the best players in history were born here.
    Maradona and Messi ok. But I don't see an someone from argentina among Pele, Cruyff, C.Ronaldo and Beckenbauer ...

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast