Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who can nurse Oda back to health?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emporio Ivankov

3 21.43%
  • Tony Tony Chopper

6 42.86%
  • Trafalgar Law

1 7.14%
  • Sadi-chan

2 14.29%
  • Kureha

2 14.29%
  • Violet

0 0%
  • Monkey D. Garp

0 0%
  • Dr. Vegapunk

0 0%
  • Koala

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

Hello members of the OP forum as well as all members in general. We the staff have had an idea of writing a "get well" letter to our own Eiichiro Oda and sending it to him personally. Use this thread to submit your ideas and get well wishes to our mangaka, we will also be holding an event very soon about this so be on the look out, these 2 weeks we will all dedicate them to Oda and hope for his health to continue to be good, and as long as he is healthy we are happy.

Anything you can write up, tape or draw can be sent to Oda, the best ideas are always welcome, we can later choose on what we can as well as compile all idea into one.

In the hopes this all goes well, no certain confirmation of the sending of this letter/mail to Oda as of yet can be said, this is just a thread to get this going as well as a promotion idea for the event to follow, so go ahead, as soon as we are certain to send the idea we will post, for now we can use all the ideas and stuff you may have!

Cheers!
    Spoiler: Revolutionaries show

Spoiler: Marines/World Government show

Spoiler:  Civilians show

Spoiler: Pirates show

Final contestants (number of first round votes): Emporio Ivankov (12), Tony Tony Chopper (6), Trafalgar Law (5), Sadi-chan (5), Kureha (4), Violet (4), Monkey D. Garp (4), Dr. Vegapunk (4), Koala (4).

Final vote: Tony Tony Chopper (6), Emporio Ivankov (3), Kureha (2), Sadi-chan (2), Trafalgar Law (1), Dr. Vegapunk (0), Koala (0), Monkey D. Garp (0), Violet (0).

Winner of the "Nurse Oda back to health competition" is Tony Tony Chopper. Congratulations Chopper! And thank you to everyone for voting and participating!

Last edited by Syphin; June 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    this sounds like a cool idea. Do you think that perhaps you could elaborate a bit? Like, how do you propose we do this?

Great idea!
    Please feel free to make suggestions using the thousand crane theme as well.

What I was thinking was to make a yearbook like booklet with collge of 1000 messages+crane images. Collecting 1000 get well messages would be difficult, so a single member should be able to contribute at least a few. Messages can be anything: get well message (by/from member's name); "My favorite line is ..."; "My favorite character is ... (by mem name)" or "Funniest scene is ..." Make sure we add a crane to each message. Separate from these messages, we could add fan art.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

We could mail out the hard copy booklet along with the digital version (for example, CD/DVD/link to download the file on MH).
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the 1000 cranes idea and utilizing twitter/hashtags and keeping things digital/cloud-y for simplicity - for contributors and recipient (sending physical objects to a famous stranger feels a little too familiar to me).

So...

If we used a hashtag such as #CranesForOda, we could conceivably attract 1000+ acceptable individual responses - this would be more impressive than 100 MH members providing 10 get well wishes apiece.

MH volunteers could collect the short and tidy responses, & cull those that appear sincere, or at least amusing and not inappropriate. Volunteers with graphic design expertise could then convert the list(s) of attributed well-wishes to some format acceptable to the MH members involved in the project. One/many person/s could draw a/many small origami crane looking image/s to serve as bullets (as per mikklh's suggestion). The format could be a tumblr or whatever, or just an email, or image attachment/in the cloud.

My concern is this, or anything, needs to happen ASAP - 5 days, 10 max - for the good will to have maximum impact: Oda's already in recovery I believe, he won't much need to "get well" for too much longer ("stay well" then?), and I think it loses all charm if completed post ch750 release. I like some of the more aggressive ideas, and also the simpler ones like interspersing fan art, but I'd hate for this project to fail for trying to do too much. I'm no great judge of what's realistic though, I'm quite lazy myself.

*btw, I'm social media averse, have no Twitter nor Facebook, but I don't disrespect their potential as tools. If I have any expertise worth lending to this project, it would be collecting and cleaning and formatting data (quotes) - nothing beyond that, no graphics from me.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yoken Yoken no Mi View Post
    If we used a hashtag such as #CranesForOda, we could conceivably attract 1000+ acceptable individual responses - this would be more impressive than 100 MH members providing 10 get well wishes apiece.

My concern is this, or anything, needs to happen ASAP - 5 days, 10 max
    A hashtag (#) on Twitter should work very well. <---Easy, fast, yet thoughtful.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

MH's Twitter account can perhaps tweet with # on behalf of MH members who don't have Twitter accounts. (Edit: TO do that, MH may need to create a sub-account.)
    Last edited by mikkih; June 03, 2014 at 12:43 AM.
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll do whatever you guys want me to do, I already have a crane sitting beside me haha ^^ So give me orders and I'll do whatever I can to make this project a success!
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

twitter hashtag could work...provided it's innovative and on a mass scale,like including people from other op forums.we need to get into oda's ears that he needs to rest.sure he knows it but a mass hashtag like #getwellsoonoda could keep him grounded for some time(healthwise :P)... i am in as well

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    I'll do whatever you guys want me to do, I already have a crane sitting beside me haha ^^ So give me orders and I'll do whatever I can to make this project a success!
    dude,if i had oda's ears,i would have had you talk to him for us. your enthu is top notch
    the artist reveals and i revel.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Could we have the delivery guy to wear a Pandaman suit? ^^

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it okay for me to say bad things about Oda here? Like I hope he does get well or whatever else i feel to write?

This idea is amazing "Maybe we should send him a drawing of the SH in the hospital, and Chopper and Law could be the doctors".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think a sick SH is very motivational.... You would rather cheer him up in a cute or heartwarming fashion... the best idea was Pandaman delivering somet6hing
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How about adding an SBS section to it with questions about the manga? The worst that could happen is that we get a response.... Of course, that would be aside from the actual get well letter.
    Oda is the kind of guy that would actually reply too even if sick

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Have written some… not posted on twitter as twitter is blocked in my office ….

#CranesForOda Take it easy oda san… even an Owl gets more sleep than you

#CranesForOda get well soon oda san … even a donkey takes more rest than you

#CranesForOda even SHs took a 2 years break in their journey (which was not even for an year ) ….. you at least deserve two months in an year

#CranesForOda we love your work… and its better late than never .. take rest and get well soon oda san..

#CranesForOda zoro says stop using santoryu (with pens) while drawing and focus with Ittoryu

#CranesForOda I think this is the day sanji learned that healthy recipe from Kamabakka land.. please have some oda san…

#CranesForOda It seems it is not the tonsils that was removed … you ate something thinking of it as chopper’s candy..isnt it … Please take care oda san…

#CranesForOda Brook will gonna sing a good bye song for your tonsils now oda san… Now try going to sleep…

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda, you'd better keep making One Piece!! I need my One Piece fix each week.

So what I'm saying is that you're basically a drug dealer.

Don't you make me kick the habit!!! Don't you dare make me quit the habit!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    Please feel free to make suggestions using the thousand crane theme as well.

What I was thinking was to make a yearbook like booklet with collge of 1000 messages+crane images. Collecting 1000 get well messages would be difficult, so a single member should be able to contribute at least a few. Messages can be anything: get well message (by/from member's name); "My favorite line is ..."; "My favorite character is ... (by mem name)" or "Funniest scene is ..." Make sure we add a crane to each message. Separate from these messages, we could add fan art.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

We could mail out the hard copy booklet along with the digital version (for example, CD/DVD/link to download the file on MH).
    like this one!! get well soon oda-sensei..

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kaido1337's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Oda san,
    Before you die, please announce about a hidden treasure somewhere in the world with the full script, including the ending of One Piece. Let the new great pirate era begin!!
    Last edited by Kaido1337; June 04, 2014 at 02:23 AM.

23. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I will think on this and then get back, I always thought we should do some sort of "message" collab with the intentions of telling that lunatic to seriously look after himself! He's too important to be allowed to abuse his health with that NO SLEEP life style of his! XD
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nurse Oda back to health competition!

Which of the characters mentioned in the first post can nurse Oda back to health!

Be on the lookout for marines and other characters that we will ask you to give an opinion for now which of the pirates is capable of doing this feat? Top two advance to the next round!

ROUND ONE: PIRATES, START!

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast