Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who can nurse Oda back to health?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Emporio Ivankov

3 21.43%
  • Tony Tony Chopper

6 42.86%
  • Trafalgar Law

1 7.14%
  • Sadi-chan

2 14.29%
  • Kureha

2 14.29%
  • Violet

0 0%
  • Monkey D. Garp

0 0%
  • Dr. Vegapunk

0 0%
  • Koala

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

Hello members of the OP forum as well as all members in general. We the staff have had an idea of writing a "get well" letter to our own Eiichiro Oda and sending it to him personally. Use this thread to submit your ideas and get well wishes to our mangaka, we will also be holding an event very soon about this so be on the look out, these 2 weeks we will all dedicate them to Oda and hope for his health to continue to be good, and as long as he is healthy we are happy.

Anything you can write up, tape or draw can be sent to Oda, the best ideas are always welcome, we can later choose on what we can as well as compile all idea into one.

In the hopes this all goes well, no certain confirmation of the sending of this letter/mail to Oda as of yet can be said, this is just a thread to get this going as well as a promotion idea for the event to follow, so go ahead, as soon as we are certain to send the idea we will post, for now we can use all the ideas and stuff you may have!

Cheers!
    Spoiler: Revolutionaries show

Spoiler: Marines/World Government show

Spoiler:  Civilians show

Spoiler: Pirates show

Final contestants (number of first round votes): Emporio Ivankov (12), Tony Tony Chopper (6), Trafalgar Law (5), Sadi-chan (5), Kureha (4), Violet (4), Monkey D. Garp (4), Dr. Vegapunk (4), Koala (4).

Final vote: Tony Tony Chopper (6), Emporio Ivankov (3), Kureha (2), Sadi-chan (2), Trafalgar Law (1), Dr. Vegapunk (0), Koala (0), Monkey D. Garp (0), Violet (0).

Winner of the "Nurse Oda back to health competition" is Tony Tony Chopper. Congratulations Chopper! And thank you to everyone for voting and participating!

Last edited by Syphin; June 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

I nominate Trafalgar Law.

Reasons:

1. He's a doctor (surgeon) of great knowledge, I'd say his skills are unparalleled by anyone except for Chopper.
    2. He is the user of the Ope Ope no Mi, a great medicinal tool when Law wants it to be.
    3. He's a friggin awesome character, maybe a little stale at first but he grows on you. I know Oda would be happy to have him as a doctor.

(I am aware that a poll exists but Trafalgar Law is so awesome that he needs a formal nomination as well.)
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; June 04, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Writing a "get well letter" to Oda by the MH community!(Nurse Oda back to health competition is a go!)

I nominate Aladdin, cos I am sure Oda feels trapped inside a lamp right now, and he can get him out
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

...wait wut? Since when this became a competition lol. And there are characters who aren't even doctors...oh well.It would be interesting to have a team of doctors look at Oda, and maybe Robin and Nami could be his nurses

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The competition is a side-event for the big event of actually sending Oda the message, keep the ideas coming guys!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What about WB's nurses? Don't they deserve a mention (even if a small one)?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the idea of the delivery man/woman appearing as Pandaman, Oda would probably be overjoyed by something like that. There are so many great ideas, it would be really cool if we somehow could incorporate them all into what we're sending, but there are so many :O The only thing I know is that it should be really personal, so that Oda can really feel the loooove~~ flowing from the gift/gifts <3
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; June 04, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    And there are characters who aren't even doctors...oh well.It would be interesting to have a team of doctors look at Oda, and maybe Robin and Nami could be his nurses
    I was being extremely flexible with my definition of "nurse" (extended it to include entertain, love, keeping company in addition to medical treatment) so the candidates I did end up choosing to "nurse" Oda back to health for the "Pirates" group may not necessary fit in the "medical" profile.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    What about WB's nurses? Don't they deserve a mention (even if a small one)?
    I did consider them, as well as the Kuja Pirates doctor (Belladonna), but seeing as I was limited to 10 choices for candidates and feeling those characters only appeared in a limited amount of panels and weren't all that important, I opted to be a bit more creative with my choices and went with some other characters. But I suppose thinking about it again, it wouldn't have hurt to have included them instead of one of the other non-medically skilled characters =/.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great idea!

I'll contribute when I can!
    Last edited by Shojin; June 05, 2014 at 11:00 AM.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Where's Kureha or Crocus?

I support Kureha to be the nurse!!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither of them counts as a Pirate (anymore) *wink*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the same apply to Aladdin?
    Last edited by Australopithecus; June 05, 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    There are so many great ideas, it would be really cool if we somehow could incorporate them all into what we're sending, but there are so many :O
    You mean like this?

Example: multi-projectsAll-in-one:
    Sending get-well msg is time-sensitive, so just start with (1) social media idea + gathering msg on MH website first, then work on (2) the gift item if we have time to complete. Pandaman then delivers the card/booklet/other gift item.

(1) Social media + msg on MH (Do this a.s.a.p.)
    • FB with a #
    • Twitter with a #
    • Post get-well msg in a thread in OP forum, or PM to OP mods. (This is for those who don't do FB/Twitter+all other.)
    I don't have a FB account, so I can't comment, but on twitter, members who want to be included in the card/booklet should tweet to MH's twitter account with a hashtag. (Mention something like this on MH twitter: Tweeting to MH with # = giving MH permission to use their tweets.)

(2) Card/Booklet Creation (if we have time)
    • Cover page: Feature doctors of members' choice. (Fan art may be better, so that it doesn't infringe copyrights. We don't want to upset Mr. Oda.)
    • Messages from MH members: Mods use msg gathered from (1) above. (Perhaps, use the 1Kcranes theme such as crane bullets.)
    • Other: Fan art, or whatever
    (3) Delivery
    • Request Njt (in Japan) to get dressed in Pandaman outfit + deliver the card/booklet/package.
    • Create links to download related files/digital version of (2) on MH website.
    Last edited by mikkih; June 06, 2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: changed to All-in-one
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright I wrote a tweet like this: "#GetwellOda #Mangahelpers

I'd like to be included in the card/booklet!". Does that work? I also have a picture of a character from my book that I based a bit on Ace in honour of Oda sensei, would I somehow be able to contribute with that?

//Greetings Emil.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
    Doesn't the same apply to Aladdin?
    You're really bad at picking hints
    The group now is pirates only, read: there will be further groups ;D

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a nice thing to say

Aladdin was a former pirate just as Crocus and possibly even Kureha were, but now he isn't; so he should be considered the same as these two. If neither of the aforementioned counts as a pirate anymore, so doesn't he.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; June 06, 2014 at 12:27 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast