Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Gildarts Clive vs Makarov Dreyar

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gildarts Clive vs Makarov Dreyar

The battle between the 5th master of Fairy Tail, Gildarts and his successor, Makarov. Who is really the strongest mage in this guild?

This fight occurs after the time skip and is held at the Domus Flau Arena.
    Both mages are at full strength and there is no time limit; the match is only won once the other mage is unconscious and cannot continue.

Who will win?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gildarts Clive vs Makarov Dreyar

Everyone keeps going on about how powerful Gildarts is, and he's undoubtedly impressive. But, I honestly have no idea how he'd defeat Makarov. Makarov just steps on him, or whips out the over-powered Fairy Law, presuming that's an option.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Everyone keeps going on about how powerful Gildarts is, and he's undoubtedly impressive. But, I honestly have no idea how he'd defeat Makarov. Makarov just steps on him, or whips out the over-powered Fairy Law, presuming that's an option.
    I doubt Fairy Law would be an option. It only wipes the floor with enemies of the guild and Gildartz certainly isn't one.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I doubt Fairy Law would be an option. It only wipes the floor with enemies of the guild and Gildartz certainly isn't one.
    I thought it was enemies of the caster, although that probably wouldn't change things here. It is a rather over-powered magic, the only one that we've seen with the ability to match it is Purehito, and his answer seemed to be mutual destruction.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember Laxus back then. He couldn't think of Fairy Tail members as enemies either. Neither would Makarov. So it wouldn't work against Gildartz.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even without Fairy Law, I'd still give this one to Makarov.

Gildarts primary fighting style if Hand to Hand combat. That's not going to end well for him against Makarov. Crush\Crash Magic hasn't been shown in full battle(since he never used it against Bluenote for some reason), but from what little we've seen, Makarov's light Magic is about five times more destructive than Crush\Crash.

In terms of pure Magic Power, Makarov is on a whole different level compared to any other character in the series(except Purehito).

New Reply