Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: One Piece Story Pattern

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Story Pattern

I started rewatching OP and noticed Oda's style with his arcs,let me explain...we are first introduced to the certain arcs till the group gets separated then after the timeskip it's like revisiting and tying together all the old arcs
    Arlong Arc-Fishman Island (we got introduced to Arrlong and Jinbei was mentioned,then everything about the fishman was resolved in the fishman arc)
    Logue Town-Punk Hazard (we got introduced to Smoker among other things and again it got somewhat resolved in the Punk Hazard arc)
    Arabasta-Dressrosa (well in this one one u gotta notice the similarities,arabasta had Ace dressrosa has Sabo,both have a Shichibukai villain,both have the villain acting as a hero and having a big organisation,etc
    so from here on we might get in the future something regarding Skypea maybe about that Supernova from the Sky Island or just a reference to him,or we will see the Emperor with his Zoan army being a little tied with CP9 I guess
    thoughts?
    Last edited by renders; June 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Story Pattern

Quote Originally Posted by renders View Post
    I started rewatching OP and noticed Oda's style with his arcs,let me explain...we are first introduced to the certain arcs till the group gets separated then after the timeskip it's like revisiting and tying together all the old arcs
    Arlong Arc-Fishman Island (we got introduced to aRrlong and Jinbei was mentioned,then everything about the fishman was resolved in the fishman arc)
    Logue Town-Punk Hazard (we got introduced to Smoker among other things and again it got somewhat resolved in the Punk Hazard arc)
    Arabasta-Dressrosa (well in this one one u gotta notice the similarities,arabasta had Ace dressrosa has Sabo,both have a Shichibukai villain,both have the villain acting as a hero and having a big organisation,etc
    so from here on we might get in the future something regarding Skypea maybe about that Supernova from the Sky Island or just a reference to him,or we will see the Emperor with his Zoan armor being a little tied with CP9 I guess
    thoughts?
    but his brothers have different thinking. ace had no interest in villain and sabo have. its not all same. in arabasta they got 1 member but in dressrosa they didnt got member but allies.

just kidding there r many time post about how its is same as arabasta arc.

first half end with wb vs wg(Marines) 2nd half will end with luffy + all his friends army vs wg
    Last edited by suraj5898; June 08, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

More like Drum Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

More so to the point in support of this idea as it relates to the crew:
    •Nami: Once faced slavery by fishmen, in the new world she helps to free fish men, holding no grudges.
    •Chopper: On his home island his medical knowledge was limited (tho still very prestigious), in the new world on PH he KNOWS the drug CC is using on the kids and saves Coffee Cup's (Mocha's) life directly.
    Even now on DressRosa there's a small spirit of Usoppu's stories of saving little people and having 8,000 followers! As well as similarities(gapping examples at this point^see above) of alabastar.

point being each island in the NW must show how valuable and unique each SH has become, so I would guess that it will continue.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Eventually all of Usopp lies became reality.
    TOBI IS OBITO

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda's already made a connection with Skypiea in Dressrosa when Bellamy was mentioned going there. I think it might just be a case of Oda setting up situations pre- time skip and executing them post time skip.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

There's some other things I've noticed since I just finished the Arabasta arc
    Crocodile will show up in the future that's a fact,but I think he learned from Luffy and Whitebeard to treasure your nakama so he might be an ally for Luffy later on
    I also expect another person to have Pel's fruit since Pel died I don't know why but I think his zoan fruit will serve when they fight against the emperor with the zoan army
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Pell aint dead :/
    Ive seen tons of people complaining that oda doesnt kill his characters off easily, they called it pell-syndrome lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

ye it's pretty clear the arks made in the new world are obvious remake of those before the 2 years time skip improved and haki features added on dressrossa ark is an answer to question "what if crocodile actually made it through with his plans what he'll be like?" the answer is doflamingo + the arks cycle goes like this :
    Quote Quote:
    The Strawhat Crew is going somewhere, but ADD Luffy gets distracted and decides to do a side mission. The crew eventually splits up (Zoro always gets lost, Sanji always gets distracted by a girl). All of the crew fight someone of greater strength and just barely manage to win. They move on to the next place, slightly stronger, and with a bigger bounty on their hands. (They may or may not have picked up a crew member.)
    which open up a window for future arks predictions, still it doesn't make op less awesome oda is really creative and missileading at times
    Last edited by Arbalest; June 18, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

There is already a parallel beetween Moriah and Big Bom crews. Both have nightmarish themes, both were introduced as shadowy figures talking to a small creature, both have a lion dude as a crew member, etc.
    TOBI IS OBITO

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

agree don't forget kaido too but i think it's gonna apply for everybody when it wil go for 4 emperor level it's gonna be with same hellish themes
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt so. So far we have seen his Zoan army, and it doesn't seems to have a theme similar to Moriah or Big Mom crews. I am betting on Ennies Lobby saga.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There's some other things I've noticed since I just finished the Arabasta arc
    Crocodile will show up in the future that's a fact,but I think he learned from Luffy and Whitebeard to treasure your nakama so he might be an ally for Luffy later on
    I also expect another person to have Pel's fruit since Pel died I don't know why but I think his zoan fruit will serve when they fight against the emperor with the zoan army
    We've seen Pell a couple times in the cover pages. :P

Yeah there is a certain pattern, one which Oda has no intention to hide. There parallels from Alabasta to Dressrosa are just to strikingly obvious. But he also devaites and made things bigger than before.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply