Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: What do you think will happen after the Dressrosa arc?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you think will happen after the Dressrosa arc?

What do you think will happen after the Dressrosa arc?

I think One Piece could go in 4 directions after Dressrosa:

1 They head for Zo as planned. Kinda boring I think

2 Sanji's fight with Big Mama's ship went bad and the guy's on Sunny are captured and need rescuing. I think it's suspicious that we haven't seen any of their fight for a few chapters. But I also think it's too soon for Luffy to have an encounter with Big Mama.

3 Luffy goes with Sabo to meet his dad. My favourite scenario but probably too soon in the story.

4 They have to deal with unforeseen repercussions for attacking Doflamingo. Likely but probably won't happen because even after declaring war on the Word Government they've pretty much been able to do as they please.

You can probably tell I'm not 100% happy with these options but in the end I'm sure whatever Oda writes will be great. So what do you think?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think will happen after the Dressrosa arc?

I think it is unavoidable for them to face the aftermath of their actions against Doffy. Kaido won't be silent about the loss of his Smile supply.

They will head toward Zo, and they might find the remaining crew members beaten to death or/and captured as hostages to provoke their leader, Luffy, into emerging from whatever hideout he could be in. Zo is unavoidable too. BIg Mam was trying to sink the rest of the crew into the bottom of the sea, so she couldn't change her antsy mind into taking leisurely her time of capturing the SHs asea. Even on the off-chance something like this happens, what will become of Sunny? Hence, she will liekly follow them to Zo, corner them, beat them to death, seize Caesar from them, and send a message(e-mail on the i-snail probably ), telling their leader what has become of his adored underlings(BM's point of view of the word ).

In case the remaining crew members have escaped serendipitously the clutches of Big Mam due to a storm or whatever incredible fortune with which heaven has blessed them, and she has completely lost track of them, the other half of them will join up with them at Zo, and begin their most anticipated pursuit of the overthrow of the emperor, Kaido.

In my humble opinion, Luffy's spaed meeting with his father, Dragon, is very unlikely to happen right after the downfall of Doflamingo. Such occurrence will swerve the flow of the plot from the rails of logical expectancy into those of absolute absurdity.
    Last edited by Australopithecus; June 05, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So, all of the above except Luffy meeting Dragon You make a good argument, I just really want Luffy to meet his dad. I can see why now isn't the time though. I agree with most of what you said except them being beaten to death. I don't think any of the SH's will die yet. If any die it'll probably be later on in the war Oda says will happen at the end. I mean all the crew coming out unscathed from a world wide war is probably unlikely. Unless you were using a figure of speech in which case forget this.
    Last edited by Kracken; June 06, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty easy to predict what happens next. Oda has left some huge, rather obvious, clues. Konjuro will be found, and reunited with Kinemon. A basic explanation why Kinemon was traveling to Zou will be given, with details to follow later. The Samurai's possible connection to Kaidou might also be teased, along with the reason Nami included Momo among the three cards that needed to be protected from Doflamingo. A full explanation is unlikely, but further information during the journey to Zou is probably inevitable. Sanji's plan will work, allowing the crew on the Sunny to successfully evade Big Mom. Their confrontation probably will not have any effect on the the upcoming arc, rather setting up a future storyline, will making the Sunny's escape from Dressrosa a little more exciting. Once on Zou, Law will reunite with the Heart Pirates while Luffy reunites with the remainder of the Strawhats. Afterwards Law discusses the next stage of his plan with the combined crews. Kaido probably begins setting his counterattack in motion, but it is highly unlikely he is actually shown. Oda loves dragging out the introduction of villains. Kaido is probably only shown in silhouette and won't be seen for a considerable amount of time. Some of Kaido's high ranking officers probably will be introduced instead, with one or two getting set up as the primary arc villain, completing the transition stage of the arc. Predicting any more would be silly. Oda has established enough that the transition can pretty easily be predicted. Trying to predict the next arc, based on what we know now, would require mind reading. Or writing fan fiction. Arriving on Zou is an inevitability. Oda has already established so much. Whether, or not, the next arc takes place on Zou is another question, and one that can't reasonably be answered yet.

The biggest transitional wild card is the terms under which Luffy leaves Dressrosa. There should be no doubt that, once restored to power, the Riku clan treat him as a national hero, saving the island from Doflamingo's repression. With Doflamingo gone, Dressrosa probably will want to fly the Jolly Roger of another crew, as seems to be the norm in the New World. There is a strong possibility that King Riku offers to fly the Strawhat's Jolly Roger, making Dressrosa Luffy's first allied territory in the New World. This is hardly assured, but fits well within already established plot points.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Law had a plan past Dressrosa. I think he only wanted to destroy the smile factory so Kaidou would kill Doflamingo. If Kaidou does come after Law and the SH's they'll need to come up with something quick to survive it. I also don't think Luffy's ready to claim territories until he's proven he's equal in strength or stronger than the 4 emperors. I like your other arguments though

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Australopithecus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
    So, all of the above except Luffy meeting Dragon You make a good argument, I just really want Luffy to meet his dad. I can see why now isn't the time though. I agree with most of what you said except them being beaten to death. I don't think any of the SH's will die yet. If any die it'll probably be later on in the war Oda says will happen at the end. I mean all the crew coming out unscathed from a world wide war is probably unlikely. Unless you were using a figure of speech in which case forget this.
    Yes indeed, I was speaking figuratively ^^ Perhaps I should've written "beat them to the verge of death."

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Law plan was to destroy the factory so Kaidou would kill DD. then when kaidou is weakned by the fight with DD Luffy and LAw will attack him.. that was the plan imo and even like that it only had 30% i guess chance of sucess.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If so, then why was Law so adamant their alliance was over if he still more to his plan?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

How about that:
    Sunnyteam got cought by Big Mom, or their subordinates.
    Strawhat crew + Kin' - Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momo = 7
    That means we have 2 or 3 slots left to fill. Momo's place would be replaced by Kanjuro. Maybe Rebecca and/or Violet travels for what ever reason with them as a helping hand for the strawhats, to pay back, and maybe Mancherie as a new crew member. +Barto maybe as fanboy.
    They all together go rescue the sunny team, and maybe they are captured even in Zou or so. And after that Rebecca and Violet go back, Barto goes with his crew and Mancherie stays. Kanjuro, Kin' and Momo travel further with them to Wano.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

New Reply