Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: seeking a Writer

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

seeking a Writer

Hey my names rennell and I have been looking for a writer for a while that is Willing to write manga.Before we get into this this will just be a side project for fun! I can't afford to pay a writer but the writer would get 40 ,I would get 40 to and the drawers would get 20 profit split.am looking for a long time manga partner.that can write interesting story like one piece and any interesting story.I have a story that I want the writer to write and they can write any interesting story that they want and we would Work on both of them

I'd prefer they not just give me a script. Actually, I probably won't accept just a script I want a storyboard as well to see what you imagine the manga to look like.Don't feel uncomfortable if you don't think you art is great even stick figures work! I just have a hard time reading the flow if it's in script form.We probably wouldn't update a chapter a week like professional mangaka.

I have 2 characters profile and working on more
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lq93uub02...BpR-mZ5_9-xZaa

If you would want to write the story I would tell about it just email me o8smiley@hotmail.co.uk

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AshesBorn's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: seeking a Writer

Hey there, welcome to the forums.

A few things in your post are rather unclear, so I a have a couple of questions that maybe would help people who are interested in your offer:

1. Are you an artist or a writer? What exactly is your role in this project?
    2. You're saying that it's a "fun project", but also that you would like to go with a 40/40/20 profit split. What profit are you talking about? Are you going to sell the comic digitally or print and sell it physically? Where are you going to sell it (website?)?

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The role that I have Is create the characters and managing the project progress

We would work on the main project and any other project that the writer would like to work on.we would make profit from sell digitall copie online like amazon and other websites

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I think you need to rethink what you are suggesting to people.

You want both a writer and an artist to work WITH you, you want to make the characters and manage time, and then you want to take 40% of any potential profit?

This just doesn't compute. The artist and the writer could complete any works they need to do without your input at all, and take the whole profit for themselves. What you bring to the table in regards to creating the manga seems to be very little. It's more like you want to be an Agent/Editor, whereby you should expect to get only 10% of any potential profits.

All you have is an idea, and you want other people to write and draw it for you. I am sure the writers and artists have ideas themselves that they want to use, and don't need to go through you for it.

I am sorry if this sounds rude, but when I read your post I was like "Seriously? Huh? What? NO WAY?"

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I create the characters and the backgrounds because the artist is not very imaginative with drawing characters and backgrounds and we would work on the writers and artists ideas as will

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AshesBorn's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by essence94 View Post
    I create the characters and the backgrounds because the artist is not very imaginative with drawing characters and backgrounds and we would work on the writers and artists ideas as will
    No matter how you slice it, you want almost HALF of the profit even though the writer and the artist will do all the heavy lifting for you, which is writing and drawing. Like Ohenoki said, your role doesn't seem all that important. There's really no need for another person to come up with characters, a writer could do that himself.

The conditions just don't sound reasonable.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm interested

New Reply