Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: How much life force does Raizel have now?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • More life force than at any previous point in the story.

4 28.57%
  • As much life force as he had before he fought Muzaka the first time.

3 21.43%
  • As much life force as he had when he first awoke in the modern era

6 42.86%
  • As much life force as he had before his trip to Roctis' island.

1 7.14%
  • Other (Please Post)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse 325 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse 325 Review

The poll last week was on M-21's werewolf powers and the level of interest in them. Overall , the level is fair. While not a lot of people are super into it, most do care.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

He's back, and has on his dancing shoes.

This week starts moments before the final page of last week's chapter with Karias, Takeo, Tao, and M-21 chatting in Franky's lab where they are all bandaged up from their recent scuffles. Exchanging stories of what just happened and Karias giving a little insight into M-21's new transformation. Which, as it turns out, was something pretty special; as Karias seemed to think that the Lady Werewolf and Kentas were pretty powerful by werewolf standards and to be able to fight even near their level is no small thing. Their time of reflection is interrupted though by a surge of the Raskeria's power that shakes the entire building.

Then things get a little tense when Franky and the gang enter the room where Raskeria and Raizel were meeting to find Rai impaled through the stomach by Ragnarok. Franky takes this poorly of cource and gets ready to try and kill the Raskeria but is stopped by Gejutel. Who explains that she is not trying to harm him, but instead using the sword to replenish his life force. Which Raskeria figured was what her father had in mind when he left it to Raizel in the first place. Though a risky and costly move, Raskeria decided to do it anyway... and the gamble pays off.

They stand there a bit and Raskeria asks him if wonders why she has decided to do this. Then tells him that she heard about his battles with Muzaka and berates him for his recklessness and tell him that he should have just lived a quiet life. He counters that, if she were in his position, she would have done the same. And in a flash of light Raizel looks healthier than he has in ages.

Chapter Review

Well, I guess Ras is a Yandere... I like it!

Substance

Raizel's healed! For now at least. Ragnarok proved to be the key to restoring him at the cost of making it so Raskeira will never have a completed soul weapon. Now what does this actually mean? Honestly, there is no way of knowing yet. It's going to depend a lot on how much life force Raizel actually has now. It could be he's got like 1000 years worth and is going to be unstoppable now. Or it could be that it will gave him enough for one last good fight, so he can take out Muzaka once and for all but that'll be the end. I tend to think the later is more likely but it's impossible to know yet either way.

To her credit, Raskeria paid a heavy price to for saving Raizel. She gave up a lot of power to help him and earned some bonus points with me by chewed him out for endangering himself in the first place. Not that he deserved a chewing out, just because it's pretty rare to see him get chewed out by anyone; and his answer of "you would have done the same thing" is pretty high praise of her.

The talk in the beginning from Karias about how strong M-21 is relative to most normal werewolves is also pretty interesting and lends credence to the theories about his heart being special or related to Muzaka in some way. Somethings definitely going on there. Sadly, ever since his character doubled down on emo-ness I've found it really hard to care about him. And even with this that trend is going strong. Hopefully, that's just me.

Presentation

I'm not going to mince words on this one. The artwork was ugly. It started really bad in just about every way during the part in Franky's lab and improved slightly as it went on but never got to anywhere near average honestly. Franky's panels were the best, but none of them were all that good except for his reaction to seeing his master impaled. Which hurt this chapter even more than it might have others because of how much it needed that subtle emotion.

In terms of pacing it was fine but the structure of the plotting was a little off. Mainly due to weirdness associated with the way it went back in time a few minutes from the end of last chapter in order to show the RK-3 and Karias' reaction to the Raskeria's big surprise. It wasn't too noticeable some but it also didn't really bring much to the story. The last chapter ended gave us a cliffhanger on what Raskeria was going to do and then this one started us off with something completely different and out of chronological order. That struck me as kind of an odd thing to do.

Overall Rating

Raskeria saves the day in an interesting chapter that suffered from just not being put together very well.

I give it a 2 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Raizel is not fully restored.

Old Predictions: (33 Wins/ 43 Losses)

"Kentas is going weasel out of this and escape somehow." ~ Win
    He lives to groom his eyebrows another day.

"The Lady Werewolf is going be captured or surrender to the good guys." ~ Loss
    Nope...looks like I'll have to dream up a new way to get her and Franky to spend time together.

"The next arc will be Raizel's final one." ~ Loss
    This qualified as an arc, and unless he comes down with exploding head syndrome, he's going to make it.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; June 09, 2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse 325 Review

So, yeah, the art was ugly.

In terms of Raskreia, the Lord has a SW, so they're never giving up their life force, so it would be different for her. However, it's true that she probably would've sacrificed for the good of the Nobles.

As most of us mentioned, and I mentioned it already in this post, the art was awful.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    So, yeah, the art was ugly.

In terms of Raskreia, the Lord has a SW, so they're never giving up their life force, so it would be different for her. However, it's true that she probably would've sacrificed for the good of the Nobles.

As most of us mentioned, and I mentioned it already in this post, the art was awful.
    She didn't sacrifice life force but she did sacrifice power. She has half of a soul weapon and now always will. Just like Rajak. And she gave all that up without even really knowing for sure that it would help. She may not be much of a "people person" but as gestures go that's pretty amazing.

And yeah...the less said about the art this time the better probably.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I reread the chapter and then understood that Raskreia's and Rai's conversation about Muzaka took place before she throwed Ragnork... the black coloring was missing so it was difficult to understand >_<

I'm excited as Raizel would now continue to epicly look down on villains , or take their right to see or breath... But I also hope that author would stop "Raizel saving the day" trope ~_~ It's getting too repetitious and it's not even funny anymore. Thanks to this there is no sense of danger in all the battles as we all know Raizel would save the day (and end 10 chapter battle in 2 chapters) without any serious consequences to the good guys. Villains need to win sometime or atleadt the plot need to progress...

I understand why author replinished Rai's life force. It was too much for him to make us believe that Raizel who was dying from last 100 chapters and killing some of the strongest characters simultaneously; could continue to kill strong villains without dyingin in next 100 chapters of series as well. But I seriously hope that author takes a different path and stop the general trope of Rai killing every major villain.

Noblesse Forever!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The art was awful but what you call "not being put together very well" is just a flashback. It was obvious for me.

Anyway, I believe that Rai's lifeforce was restored to a higher level than the beginning of the story. We are not talking about "power" here, but lifeforce... and if I'm not mistake that Ragnarok is basically the previous Lord's tangible manifestation (or something of the sort), imbued with his power. I don't think percentages have any real meaning in this kind of things, so I won't give one, but I believe Rai is in much better health than he was after his awakening (chapter 1). I wouldn't like it any other way either, since his restoration cost RAGNAROK!!! I will not believe Ragnarok, albeit incomplete, could not achieve at least that much!

P.S. Oh, and I have a prediction: M21's heart is connected to the 5th Elder. Maybe his heart belonged to her decesead lover or something. I expect the first encounter between her and a fully transformed M21 will be epic!!!
    Last edited by S-H-I-G-U-R-E; June 10, 2014 at 04:53 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

The art is suffering siince the Lukedonia arc finished and the authors seem not to care.

Good points about this chapter:
    Rai is back and we got new hope to see a "kneel" in the upcommming chapters.
    Franken nearly going berserk

Strange:

-Rai already had nearly no lifeforce 820 years ago! On what did he use his lifeforce on? I mean he never took part in any battles in the Nobles-world and the former clan leders loved him too much to misbehave openly.

-The lord admitting that she can't deal with Muzaka. Which also indicates that she admits that she is weaker than her father but Raizel said that powerwise she may be stronger than her father with an incomplete SW. (Before some disagree here look at he chapter. The lord was pondering what to do and after she heard Muzaka reappeared she was sure it was the best to bring Rai back into shape)

-What if Ragnarok failed to do anything and in the contrary would have injured Rai heavily?

-How does Lukedonia communicate with Korea?

- Does this chapter imply that the lord always knew that Rai had not much life left? I mean when Rai appeared in Lukedonia it didn't seem like she knew anything about him.

Bad points:

-The art

-We will never see the full power of Ragnarok

-M-21 is becomming the next Sasuke with his emo style.

- Rai becoming a Juha Bach that gets his life-force refilled by SW's.

Funny points:
    -Raskeria shares similarities with raizel in not having a last name.

-Raskeria being Tsundre and wishing Rai would compliment her decision. I mean she kinda begged him when she was asking him if he had any questions and look how disappointed she was when Rai said nothing.

-How to get rid of dark circles under the eyes. Let yourself get stabbed.

- Frankenstein getting crushed. I mean Franken probaly feels not good at the time cause it wasn't him that found a cure for his master but the lord. And with this the skirmish between the lords bloodline and Franken continues for the attention of Rai.
    Last edited by Mohsen; June 10, 2014 at 07:02 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    The art was awful but what you call "not being put together very well" is just a flashback. It was obvious for me.
    The beginning part with M-21, Karias, Takeo and Tao was definitely not a flashback. Flashback means somebody has to be remembering it and there was nobody to be doing that there; nor would it have made sense to do that anyway. It was non-chronological storytelling(like Pulp Fiction) but using that kind of story telling in a story that has always been chronological without having a great reason is pretty clumsy.

As strixflash pointed out the part with Raskeria and Raizel was a flashback but it didn't look like it at all. No black border, not much of a transition. It seems to me like what happened was that part of this chapter was actually a part of last chapter that wasn't finished in time. Which is probably why last week was so short. They tried to shove it into this chapter but it just didn't fit right.

Just judging by the way it flowed I can't imagine this chapter or last weeks was intended to be this way. My guess is something happened last week which screwed things up and they just had to cobble together what they had and try to make it presentable.

Originally, I'd wager this chapter and last was meant to flow chronologically.

The Franky's lab scene(minus them noticing the pulse of power), followed by Raskeira and Rai's meeting and having their conversation, followed by her stabbing him.(End of Chapter)

A montage of everybody noticing the pulse of power. Them rushing in. Raizel being healed. And probably a bit that will be in next chapter (End of Chapter)

That would be more typical of the way Noblesse flows.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 10, 2014 at 10:21 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You may be right. I really don't know about that. Still I really enjoyed the chapter, though now I'm craving for some serious character developement since all the main characters are basically on stage except the mysterious 1st Elder.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought that Raizel would come back to the state he was when he woke up in the modern era (hence my vote) but I think I voted a bit too fast. Consuming half of Ragnaros is pretty much a very big deal for the Lord (and even the Nobles as a faction) considering the situation, and I think Ragnaros should bring more life energy than that otherwise the current Lord wouldn't probably dare to risk it, maybe. Especially when the ennemy is aware of his existence and cetainy know he is weakened so they'd take the first opportunity to rush him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

told u never flirt with other girls

now look like good guys have upper hand in fights

i think rai have as much life force as he had when he first awoke
    Last edited by suraj5898; June 10, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say even the lord was not sure if this would heal him. But I wonder if having this soul weapon working with him implies Rai belongs to the royal family of Lukedona
    Last edited by Mister K; June 10, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    At first I thought that Raizel would come back to the state he was when he woke up in the modern era (hence my vote) but I think I voted a bit too fast. Consuming half of Ragnaros is pretty much a very big deal for the Lord (and even the Nobles as a faction) considering the situation, and I think Ragnaros should bring more life energy than that otherwise the current Lord wouldn't probably dare to risk it, maybe. Especially when the ennemy is aware of his existence and cetainy know he is weakened so they'd take the first opportunity to rush him.
    It was a costly thing to attempt, that's for sure.

Especially when you consider that, no matter how much he has, it's eventually going to run out again. Whether it's 10 years worth, 100 years worth, or a 1000. That's just that nature of his power. And he is going to have to use a massive chunk of it in the very near future when he drop kicks Muzaka into lunar orbit, and after that I guess we'll find out how much is left. If there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I'd say even the lord was not sure if this would heal him. But I wonder if having this soul weapon working with him implies Rai belongs to the royal family of Lukedona
    Now that you mention it Raizel and Raskeria also look and awful lot alike. Just imagine Raskeria saying..."Raizel-oniisan!"

T-t-too adorable..
    Last edited by Jammin; June 10, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin, wouldn't it be, "Raizel-oniisama?" :P

Anyway, it's possible that Rai's sister married the Lord. We don't know anything about how either the Lord or Rai came into existence, just that they've existed (well, we got this explanation from the Lord about himself, and I assumed that it also applied to Rai) for longer than they can remember (and that that period of time is many thousands of years). However, at some point, the Lord did marry a female Noble, and their union produced Raskreia.

Now, I'd have a problem if they just burst into being, as opposed to having been born, but it's possible. I'd like it more if Rai had a family (parents and siblings, not kids of his own or anything), but they all died ages ago. On the other hand, Rai had been alone for forever (I think it was like 1500 years or something) until Franky arrived. We do know that Nobles only appear to produce one or two kids, usually one, and we've never heard about someone's mother at all. Every time we've heard someone discussed, it was always a male parent. For what it's worth, up until the current generation, it appears that all of the Clan Leaders were male.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jammin, wouldn't it be, "Raizel-oniisama?" :P
    Not in my fantasy. In my fantasy it's most definitely her saying "Raizel onii-chan.". Not doubt about it.

Anyway, it's possible that Rai's sister married the Lord. We don't know anything about how either the Lord or Rai came into existence, just that they've existed (well, we got this explanation from the Lord about himself, and I assumed that it also applied to Rai) for longer than they can remember (and that that period of time is many thousands of years). However, at some point, the Lord did marry a female Noble, and their union produced Raskreia.

Now, I'd have a problem if they just burst into being, as opposed to having been born, but it's possible. I'd like it more if Rai had a family (parents and siblings, not kids of his own or anything), but they all died ages ago. On the other hand, Rai had been alone for forever (I think it was like 1500 years or something) until Franky arrived. We do know that Nobles only appear to produce one or two kids, usually one, and we've never heard about someone's mother at all. Every time we've heard someone discussed, it was always a male parent. For what it's worth, up until the current generation, it appears that all of the Clan Leaders were male.
    Or he could just be the the previous Lord's brother. But that lacks the greatness of the Ras + Onii-chan scenario.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Not in my fantasy. In my fantasy it's most definitely her saying "Raizel onii-chan.". Not doubt about it.

Or he could just be the the previous Lord's brother. But that lacks the greatness of the Ras + Onii-chan scenario.
    Raizel onii-chan would probably push your agenda more, admittedly.

I figured that as the Lord and Rai have different colored hair that they weren't actually related.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast