Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 5 vs Meruem

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Best 5 vs Meruem

Build a Team of 5(max0 HxH characters capable of vs defeating Meruyem Pre-RG Absorbtion. With a brief summary on how or why you think they can win.

Plz use Characters That have Feats and Not Characters solely based on Hype...no Zodiacs, no maha zoldyck, no Ging, No Partison these ppl haven't so much lifted a finger just have Note worthy reputations....No RG's

Here's my list I would have to organize to take down the King.

1. Melon
    2. Chrollo
    3. Uvogon
    4. Knuckle
    5. Netero

Lol I'll be honest I don't even know how my team could really Beat Meryem he's a beast even before RG absorbtion, but if I had to stretch my beliefs it would go..

Netero plays point he's faster than Mereum, and doesn't need to move to Strike him he can even hold Mereum in place for a moment which is pivotal for this team. Knuckle is kinda useless even with his ability; Mereum won't explode like Yupi and he only uses the basic Nen principles he's not going to go bankrupt in 30mins. Knuckle being as fast and agile as he is can run up to Meruem and attack PotClean while Netero holds him in place buying him time to land the attack and run away to a safe place.

While Netero primarily does battle with the King and has PotClean on him, Melon would roll with Chrollo making him and all his attacks invisible and throughout the Chaos of Netero vs Mereum,CHrollo can use his indoor fish or even his Funny Cloth to defeat the King when give his oppurtunity. Chrollo being invisible can also teleport his fellow team mates around if ever their life is in imminent danger...And Uvo would be perfect for this ability to Land mutiple BBI that honestly I doubt will be doing much damage, but over time it may in combination wit Netero's emission slaps.

Can anybody create a team with only 5 that can take down the KING?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

Meleron plus the girl who can enslave someone by kissing them. HXH clearly doesn't have the concept of "I'm too powerful to be affected by this special ability" and then you just ask Mereum to kill himself.

But honestly without resorting to super contrived combos the point is that nobody could possibly fight him straight up. He's the pinnacle of evolution for a reason. If you're allowed to use Royal Guards you might actually do some permanent damage to him. If limited to humans, you simply don't have a way to hurt him. Given the Ants all have the ability to continue fighting even while sustaining fatal damage, any sneak attack isn't going to actually slow him down at all. I don't think even Uber Gon can actually kill him. The Royal Guards are excessively protective of their king to the point of paranoid. While Uber Gon's offense is very impressive, I think Mereum can still outlast him quite easily given Gon can only stay in that state for a short time. Now if Gon can stay in that state indefinitely he might have a chance.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero to keep him busy and a competent Manipulator like Illumi and his needles should be more than enough I think.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Have Netero nuke himself up, then anybody else can clean up.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

- Netero: to pin down the King (somewhat). Seemingly the only user capable of doing so.

- Melo (for invis)

-Chrollo (all 'round versatility plus teleportation, in particular. For pure teleportation, Gorain could be used)

-Killua (for electric stun that was proven to work on a RG)

-Uvo/Gon/Phinx (for firepower).

So the plan is for Meleron to activate god's accomplice with Killua and Knuckle. While Netero is talking shit to the King, invis Shoot sneaks up to the King, Gon/Uvo/Charged up Phinx pop the King in the legs to damage his mobility, Killua stuns the King momentarily with electricity to prevent retaliation, then Chrollo teleports the trio out of range. Netero immediately proceeds to pile it on. Hopefully with the busted legs he wouldn't be able to keep up with Netero and get beaten, after hours of abuse, into paste.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Netero to keep him busy and a competent Manipulator like Illumi and his needles should be more than enough I think.
    To manipulate someone requires being able to do damage to them. The needles will just bounce off of Meruem's skin. Aside from the example I gave, every example of manipulation in HXH so far requires the user to be able to do damage to the opponent, which they won't be able to against Mereum.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple team

- any 2 hunters
    - Hisoka
    - Kirua
    - Alluka

The plan "Alluka kill the king"
    "Ok"
    *Hisoka sad face to miss a great fight*
    Meruem died by heart attack, but i'm very sorry for the next guy who want to make a wish it may finish with the end of humanity...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The ultimate team

1.Netero
    2.Meleoron
    3.Pitou
    4.Pouf
    5.Youpi

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Meleoron+Tonpa= Dead King.

Poisonous juice> The Rose's poison.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just say Poor Man's Rose. Game Over.
    But what's the fun in that?

My Team consists of...

1. Ortho Siblings
    2. Meleoron
    3. Ikalgo
    4. Rabid Dog
    5. Shizuku

The strategy goes as such...

Meleoron places the Ortho Sibling's badge onto the King while using God's Accomplice
    to transport Rabid Dog. Rabid Dog bites the King and hopefully paralyzes him.
    While the King is trying to figure out the Ortho Siblings ability. Ikalgo will be
    using Fleadom Fire to wound the King. Shizuku will use Blinky to drain
    every last ounce of blood from the King who then dies.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Somaliland
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Netero have done it already, even though in the expense of his life. But just for the sake of the argument, the team with the minimum losses would be:

1. Netero - Keep him busy
    2. Morel - Trap him with the Smoky Jail
    3. Feitan - Burn him with the Pain Packer
    4. Shizuku - Suck out his blood to the last drop
    5. Hisoka - Just in case something happens, he'll use his Bungee Gum to put things in order

Netero will get out from the jail in time. Feitan will do his Pain Packer in the Smoky Jail while him and Meruem are alone in it. After Feitan finishes, he won't be able to move, so Shizuku will suck out his blood if he's still alive.
    Meruem is so fast and strong, so this should happen very fast that he wouldn't be able to do anything. But if he does, there is the genius Hisoka for insurance; I'm sure he'll figure out something.
    Last edited by Ener9y; July 07, 2014 at 09:06 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be honest, I don't think there exists a team who could defeat Meruem. The only exception would be Alluka, but using her was probably not the point of the thread, but rather to find out which team could defeat Meruem in a proper fight (no Rose bomb either).

In order to defeat Meruem, you need insane speed (or insane defense if you lack the speed) and extreme offensive power, clearly surpassing the Zero Hand by a good margin. Most people we have seen would get speedblitzed by Meruem. No one has shown a superior attack than the Zero Hand. Teamwork is meaningless if most members either can't even survive very long or can't deliver a lethal strike or both.
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Meleron plus the girl who can enslave someone by kissing them. HXH clearly doesn't have the concept of "I'm too powerful to be affected by this special ability" and then you just ask Mereum to kill himself.
    I guess the possibility of this combination explains why Meruem needed his Royal Guards despite vastly surpassing them in terms of strength and Nen capacity.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't think there exists a team who could defeat Meruem. The only exception would be Alluka, but using her was probably not the point of the thread, but rather to find out which team could defeat Meruem in a proper fight (no Rose bomb either).

In order to defeat Meruem, you need insane speed (or insane defense if you lack the speed) and extreme offensive power, clearly surpassing the Zero Hand by a good margin. Most people we have seen would get speedblitzed by Meruem. No one has shown a superior attack than the Zero Hand. Teamwork is meaningless if most members either can't even survive very long or can't deliver a lethal strike or both.
    We are talking about Meruem before he ate his guards though. While he was certainly stronger, the gap between him and the Royal Guards should not be very big. Even with the will to kill Pitou he didn't manage to make her bleed, his Hatsu is also not useful in combat, he just use brute force. He can't be way faster, stronger and more durable than the other guards at least he didn't prove that he was before his power up. I don't think he could win against two of them simultaneously for example.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post

Its funny that it was I who created ths thead, but completely aggree with you. The King is damn near unbeatable no matter who you out him up agains't; Even if ther is a team for him to fight he's easily still faster than every characters we've seen.

I just want to see if anybody can come up with an hoest scnaio of which tamc beat him to pulp or use some type of tricky nen to win.

Mereum took thousands and thousands of ows from Netero before he ever felt pain or a painful discomfort,And barely was damaged by all of Netero's aura....So BBI and Sphinx Cyclone technique isn't going to cut it...

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    We are talking about Meruem before he ate his guards though. While he was certainly stronger, the gap between him and the Royal Guards should not be very big. Even with the will to kill Pitou he didn't manage to make her bleed, his Hatsu is also not useful in combat, he just use brute force. He can't be way faster, stronger and more durable than the other guards at least he didn't prove that he was before his power up. I don't think he could win against two of them simultaneously for example.
    Mereum's Hatu was to absorb the hatsu and aura of his Meals. Not really useless when all he has to do is bite your head off.

The RG were indeed pretty close to the King in terms of overall ranking. But Mereum was stronger than them, he had more aura than them and physically stronger...But they were honestly the closes beings comparble to him.

Note: I've limited RG from being used..They would nver fight him anyway.

Manipulators need to pierce Mereum's skin to control him.

1k +Netero's attacks did nothing,BBI and othe Enhancer thecnque's seen aren't going to damage him.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast