Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 5 vs Meruem

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Pitou imply that Gon in his adult form could pose a threat to pre-rosebomb Meruem? And this very Gon literally stomped the shit out of Pitou? How can we conclude that the gap between Pitou and Meruem isn't that big?
    • ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post

Note: I've limited RG from being used..They would nver fight him anyway.
    Oh, you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Pitou imply that Gon in his adult form could pose a threat to pre-rosebomb Meruem? And this very Gon literally stomped the shit out of Pitou? How can we conclude that the gap between Pitou and Meruem isn't that big?
    Well, Meruem was unable to make her bleed at full power. Gon was said to be a problem for the King but it certainly didn't mean that he was not the strongest, it was shocking because of the huge power up.

Gon is an Enhancer so close combat is his specialty, he was able to make Pitou bleed with a single kick. Pre-Rose Meruem was fighting only with close combat, nothing else he had not eaten enough Nen users to be called unbeatable. Gon had also Paper and Scissors though he didn't use them.

Post Rose Meruem is way stronger than adult Gon but I don't see how Pre-Rose Meruem could be stronger than Adult Gon when Gon is much stronger physically.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Oh, you are right.
    Well, Meruem was unable to make her bleed at full power. Gon was said to be a problem for the King but it certainly didn't mean that he was not the strongest, it was shocking because of the huge power up.
    Well the King was trying to lob off Pitou's head with a swift strike from his tail; To his surprise his RG is durable enough survive whiscmical killing blow without sever damage. The King as hit all of his RG's whismically and they all recieved minimal damage.

Now this is not to say the the King is weak but that his RG's are pretty damn tough. Base stats alone they are the closest creatures to his level of strength.

IMO Meruem can kill each of his RG's with about the same level of difficulty..And thats Low-Maybe Mid Difficulty..He's just faster, smarter and stronger.

Quote Quote:
    Gon is an Enhancer so close combat is his specialty, he was able to make Pitou bleed with a single kick. Pre-Rose Meruem was fighting only with close combat, nothing else he had not eaten enough Nen users to be called unbeatable. Gon had also Paper and Scissors though he didn't use them.

Post Rose Meruem is way stronger than adult Gon but I don't see how Pre-Rose Meruem could be stronger than Adult Gon when Gon is much stronger physically.
    Uber Gon was actually much much more superior to Pito.
    1. He easily disappeard from in front her sight
    2. Even with her enhanced movement through her Hatsu, she was WTF kicked in the face
    3. Rock Jajanken to the face sealed the deal.

Pre-Rose Meruem vs Uber Gon.....I definitely think Uber Gon would win (Mid-Difficulty) because he posses the power and speed to hurt the kick with just physical attacks and his
    Jajanken would be juss as effective as it was agains't Pitou.

Post-Rose Mereum is Haxx'd out And is seriously unbeatable I seriously hope we don't see any more creatures reach such a level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The King was more than confident that he could 1 hit KO Pouf if he attacked seriously(after Pouf survived his tail slap with minimum damage). I don't think he's someone who would think that if he couldn't do it. Just because he intended to kill Pitou, doesn't mean he was attacking with full strength. He simply attacked with enough power to kill the grunts thinking that Pitou was more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Post-Rose Mereum is Haxx'd out And is seriously unbeatable I seriously hope we don't see any more creatures reach such a level.
    Well said. I would seriously be disappointed if any character ever reaches Post-Rose Meruem level. Even his Pre-Rose level is something I don't want see(maybe at the very end of the Manga I'd be okay with it).

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Somaliland
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus, Gon was using nen. The king wasn't.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    The King was more than confident that he could 1 hit KO Pouf if he attacked seriously(after Pouf survived his tail slap with minimum damage). I don't think he's someone who would think that if he couldn't do it. Just because he intended to kill Pitou, doesn't mean he was attacking with full strength. He simply attacked with enough power to kill the grunts thinking that Pitou was more or less the same.
    Still they are the only ones able to resist his attacks, he was confident he could kill him but the fact that he needed more concentration to make a clean hit is a testament to their strength, plus Pouf offered no resistance. In a fight it would be completely different though he would win at the end of course a serious fight against any of these 3 would leave him considerably injured, their Hatsu are much better in direct combat. He can't possibly have more physical strength than adult Gon Pre-Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ener9y View Post
    Plus, Gon was using nen. The king wasn't.
    The guards were not using Nen too when they were hit by Meruem, Pitou attacked Gon in Terpischora mode so we can assume that she was using Nen and she was durable enough to survive to Adult's Gon Rock on the head, Kid Gon's Rock is enough to kill people way stronger than him like Razor and Morel. No way Meruem had an attack that powerful.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Still they are the only ones able to resist his attacks, he was confident he could kill him but the fact that he needed more concentration to make a clean hit is a testament to their strength, plus Pouf offered no resistance. In a fight it would be completely different though he would win at the end of course a serious fight against any of these 3 would leave him considerably injured, their Hatsu are much better in direct combat. He can't possibly have more physical strength than adult Gon Pre-Rose.
    Of course they are powerful, they are the highest tier next to him. He's just more powerful than all of them. And no, I highly doubt he would receive an significant injury from them, even if they were to combine. The most powerful(in terms of pure power) among the RG is Youpi. And his attacks have a destructive scale comparable to Netero's Guanyin. And yet, all hundreds of thousands of Netero's attacks(which are hundreds of times faster than any RG) could do nothing to Meruem. Even the ridiculous Zero Hand was incapable of doing anything significant. Their Hatsus are meaningless since he was able to exploit an opening that was too small to be even considered an opening in Netero's Guanyin(which again, is faster than sound). And you think he won't see through their Hatsu? I doubt it. His speed was still ridiculous before his rebirth. Combined with his 1 hit kill strength....Yeah. The most they would be able to do against him is a few scratches and bruises when he's having a bad day. Since I don't see any of them having an attack stronger than the Zero Hand(with the possible exception of Youpi). And they would need an attack several times stronger than it if they wish to do any significant damage to him. Also, I don't see why he can't have more strength than Adult Gon. We don't know for sure, but it's not impossible.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; July 08, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Somaliland
    Post Thanks / Like

Pitou was obviously no much for Netero; he could've killed Pitou but the target was Meruem, wasting minutes with Pitou was simply a great loss. But then, Merium defeated Netero with little effort. Pitou didn't even know what happened till he was a couple of miles away when he was hit by Netero's GB. The gap between the kings strength and that of his RG was great even before the Rose. So yeah, Gon-san was stronger than any of the RGs, and could have been a decent opponent for the king, but still Gon-san would have been defeated IMO.
    Last edited by Ener9y; July 08, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kanmuru's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So, you guys think "Uber Gon > Pre Rose Meruem"? I don't think so..
    Not even the Hyakushiki Kannon Zero damaged the king. That was a 100+ Years of nen development in 1 atack and just scratched meruem skin
    I don't see uber gon doing that amount of DMG with jajanken, not even close IMO.. :S

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And no, I highly doubt he would receive an significant injury from them, even if they were to combine. The most powerful(in terms of pure power) among the RG is Youpi. And his attacks have a destructive scale comparable to Netero's Guanyin. And yet, all hundreds of thousands of Netero's attacks(which are hundreds of times faster than any RG) could do nothing to Meruem.
    I don't think we can compare Youpi's power to Netero, the destructive scale is not necessarily equal to the quantity of aura used. Any RGs could kill the Invasion Squad with a single punch Netero could never achieve this feat.

Quote Quote:
    Even the ridiculous Zero Hand was incapable of doing anything significant. Their Hatsus are meaningless since he was able to exploit an opening that was too small to be even considered an opening in Netero's Guanyin(which again, is faster than sound). And you think he won't see through their Hatsu? I doubt it. His speed was still ridiculous before his rebirth. Combined with his 1 hit kill strength....Yeah. The most they would be able to do against him is a few scratches and bruises when he's having a bad day. Since I don't see any of them having an attack stronger than the Zero Hand(with the possible exception of Youpi). And they would need an attack several times stronger than it if they wish to do any significant damage to him. Also, I don't see why he can't have more strength than Adult Gon. We don't know for sure, but it's not impossible.
    That's because HK is an almost flawless technique that Netero lasted that long despite his Aura volume, in terms of Aura he was vastly outmatched by Meruem and his guards. The physical blows of Meruem and the guards are more powerful that his Palms hits. Netero's hits were compared to a baby's fist, the hits were so insignificant that he didn't need to devise a strategy. Yes Meruem is more durable than his guards but the difference is not abysmal.

They were not even using Ren.

In the end, Netero was just stalling waiting for his end, all his attacks led to nothing. Zero itself is the concentration of all his aura, which is nothing compared to the Meruem and his guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ener9y View Post
    Pitou was obviously no much for Netero; he could've killed Pitou but the target was Meruem, wasting minutes with Pitou was simply a great loss. But then, Merium defeated Netero with little effort. Pitou didn't even know what happened till he was a couple of miles away when he was hit by Netero's GB. The gap between the kings strength and that of his RG was great even before the Rose. So yeah, Gon-san was stronger than any of the RGs, and could have been a decent opponent for the king, but still Gon-san would have been defeated IMO.
    Huh? Pitou was perfectly fine after that hit, how many times would he need to hit them to kill Pitou/Youpi/Pouf? And unlike Meruem, Pitou has healing, Pouf his scales, flight and can read minds, Youpi has Nen blasts and metamorphosis, he could beat him even more easily. Pitou survived after tanking Adult's Gon Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanmuru View Post
    So, you guys think "Uber Gon > Pre Rose Meruem"? I don't think so..
    Not even the Hyakushiki Kannon Zero damaged the king. That was a 100+ Years of nen development in 1 atack and just scratched meruem skin
    I don't see uber gon doing that amount of DMG with jajanken, not even close IMO.. :S
    Pitou said Adult Gon could beat Meruem so he is directly at his level, Rock is his strongest attack and even Pitou survived it though badly injured after a hit on the head, it would be the same for Meruem while he had just a few bruises after tanking the Zero. Adult's Gon Rock>>>>>>Zero Hand.

Plus Gon's condition in exchange of this power were harsher than Netero so he loses even in this department.

The Royal Family's durability is just insane. Nobody could have won in 1VS1 against them.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 08, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we can compare Youpi's power to Netero, the destructive scale is not necessarily equal to the quantity of aura used. Any RGs could kill the Invasion Squad with a single punch Netero could never achieve this feat.
    The destructive force of Nen attacks seems to be directly linked to the amount of Aura put into the attack(The Ko is an example of that). A single palm strike from the Guanyin should suffice to kill any CA Extermination Team member.

Quote Quote:
    That's because HK is an almost flawless technique that Netero lasted that long despite his Aura volume, in terms of Aura he was vastly outmatched by Meruem and his guards. The physical blows of Meruem and the guards are more powerful that his Palms hits. Netero's hits were compared to a baby's fist, the hits were so insignificant that he didn't need to devise a strategy. Yes Meruem is more durable than his guards but the difference is not abysmal.
    They were compared to baby hits when used on Meruem. Can you possibly give me an attack used by any RG that can compare to the Zero? Nothing comes to mind at all. And no, their physical hits aren't comparable to it whatsoever.

Mind you, this is us just trying to figure a way for them to harm him assuming he just sits there and take their attacks. It's still possible for him to just 1 shot blitz them before they do anything that endangers him(assuming they have anything).

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The destructive force of Nen attacks seems to be directly linked to the amount of Aura put into the attack(The Ko is an example of that). A single palm strike from the Guanyin should suffice to kill any CA Extermination Team member.
    I agree but I am talking about a good hit of the Royal family without Nen. They can effortlessly tear their limbs, Netero however would need several hits to make them feel pain. What you said about the destructive force is right but it's mostly for pure Aura attack used by Emitters and Enhancers. The others don't focus on destructive capacity.

Quote Quote:
    They were compared to baby hits when used on Meruem. Can you possibly give me an attack used by any RG that can compare to the Zero?
    Youpi's rage blasts. Meruem himself didn't have an attack that powerful, he didn't even have special moves.

Quote Quote:
    Nothing comes to mind at all. And no, their physical hits aren't comparable to it whatsoever.
    Their physical hits are not comparable to Zero but several ones coupled with Nen would affect Meruem more than his attack. Contrarily to humans, they don't need heavy protection while fighting, the difference is just too great. If Meruem had wanted to kill Netero he could have done it faster just by chopping his head instead of his arm, it would be the same for all the guards, they are just physically weaker than Meruem and have less aura than him but they have more versatility with their flexible Hatsus, Pouf's Hatsu especially is Hax, he could read Netero's thoughts, use his scales, fly etc.

Quote Quote:
    Mind you, this is us just trying to figure a way for them to harm him assuming he just sits there and take their attacks. It's still possible for him to just 1 shot blitz them before they do anything that endangers him(assuming they have anything).
    Just to be sure I am talking about Pre-Rose Meruem here, Post Rose would absolutely murder them all. I doubt Meruem can blitz his guards, nothing proved he could do this. Look at what Pitou could do with her speed, she sliced Kite's arm without him being capable to react. Maybe she is the fastest of the 3 but she can't be significantly faster than Pouf and Youpi.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Pitou enjoyed her fight with Kite so it must have been marginally competitive.

Beating RG/Mereum with brute force seems to be a big no-no.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    To manipulate someone requires being able to do damage to them. The needles will just bounce off of Meruem's skin. Aside from the example I gave, every example of manipulation in HXH so far requires the user to be able to do damage to the opponent, which they won't be able to against Mereum.
    I think one of Kurapica's colleagues doesn't need to damage the victim. She only needs to land a kiss.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree but I am talking about a good hit of the Royal family without Nen. They can effortlessly tear their limbs, Netero however would need several hits to make them feel pain. What you said about the destructive force is right but it's mostly for pure Aura attack used by Emitters and Enhancers. The others don't focus on destructive capacity.
    Well, yeah. He can't possibly compare to the Royal Family in terms of physical ability. He doesn't particularly need to though. As for the bold part, those are the ones that do the most damage in a plain combat.

Quote Quote:
    Youpi's rage blasts. Meruem himself didn't have an attack that powerful, he didn't even have special moves.
    Possibe, though nothing comes to mind. If he's in the absolute worse mood of his life, then maybe he could unleash an attack of that power. But I still can't see it being so much more powerful than the Zero where it would actually do a monumental damage. Meruem doesn't really need anything special though. He's just that good.

Quote Quote:
    Their physical hits are not comparable to Zero but several ones coupled with Nen would affect Meruem more than his attack. Contrarily to humans, they don't need heavy protection while fighting, the difference is just too great. If Meruem had wanted to kill Netero he could have done it faster just by chopping his head instead of his arm, it would be the same for all the guards, they are just physically weaker than Meruem and have less aura than him but they have more versatility with their flexible Hatsus, Pouf's Hatsu especially is Hax, he could read Netero's thoughts, use his scales, fly etc.
    Assuming he stands there doing nothing, which is not likely given how fast he retaliated after each hit from Netero. Plus, I can't see their physical hits being anymore damaging than Netero's palm strikes(and he did thousands of those), and if they do, it can't be that much more. Yes, he could have killed Netero whenever he wanted, he just didn't want to because he needs to know his name. No such a thing would be stopping him when facing the RG. Pouf can't read minds, but can determine ones emotions, which isn't gonna be that useful in combat. Regardless of how flexible their Hatsus are, it's nothing awfully complicated or haxxed. Pouf's Hatsu is useless in combat, Youpi's is just brute power, and Pitou's Enhances her physical abilities. Collectively, they still can't do anything to significantly harm the King before he butchers them since he is stronger, faster, and smarter than all three.

Quote Quote:
    Just to be sure I am talking about Pre-Rose Meruem here, Post Rose would absolutely murder them all. I doubt Meruem can blitz his guards, nothing proved he could do this. Look at what Pitou could do with her speed, she sliced Kite's arm without him being capable to react. Maybe she is the fastest of the 3 but she can't be significantly faster than Pouf and Youpi.
    Yes, we're talking about Pre-Rose. Pitou is fast, but Netero seemed awfully relaxed around her and had no trouble seeing through her movement(and give her a little smack talk while he's at it). On the other hand, even with his senses heightened to the max, the King blitzed past him and Zeno with no trouble. And was so fast that Netero repeatedly stated that his(the King's) speed won't allow him any chance to so much as make a wrong move(despite his moves being faster than sound) without losing the fight. If you watch the fight again, you could see that Meruem is way faster than any RG would ever hope to be.

Also, for what it's worth, when Pitou sensed the King's ominous Aura, she actually regretted jumping to his place. Speaks volumes of how far superior he is to the RG.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; July 09, 2014 at 07:51 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast