Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 127

Thread: Best 5 vs Meruem

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    I need just three
    Mizaistom to restrict King´s movement
    Netero to fend off King´s attacks on Mizaistom before his ability is activated
    Kurapika placing condition on King; if you move you die.
    The end

  2. #32
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    The King and RG possessed Absolute power. If you can't/ don't have a power that's bigger than there's the only real way is to have an Absolute ability, or skill...Netero possessed God/Boss Like Speed however he lacks the strength to use that speed to kill or harm any of them....

    The RG's vs Pre-Rose King....Strictly talking about Aura Netero who has less than them used all of his and was barely able to scratch the king. Youpi is the only one shown to unleash an attack with an amount of aura comparable to Zero Hand. So honestly I don't see them being able to hurt the king much either themselves, for He without Nen is a superior creature then adding Nen just widens the gap.....The Gap isn't far but there is a gap and their Hatsu is pretty much useless agasin't the King...

    Netero would one shot anybody from the Exterminating Team. They'll are unable to react to his attack, this lowers defense and that does you no good when somebody has more aura and can attack with more aura than you...Either way he's WTF slapping a lot of Ppl in HXH.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    You're not going to be able to win by doing damage against Meryem or even the Royal Guards. This is a species where even the common soldiers can continue fighting with their head separated from their body. Even if you can improbably hit them through their insane defenses, someone of the Royal Guard calibur can simply take that hit and hit you back at the same time and they'll easily outlast you.

    There was a lot of bogus violation of momentum in the Netero versus Meryem fight. That is, there should be absolutely no move Netero could've used that can move Meryem while he's on land (Pitou got knocked away because he's in air with no support, so that actually made sense), because if he can knock Meryem back that implies he's stronger than Meryem! So for Meryem (and all RG really) all they have to do is just calmly walk up to their opponent in a guarded position until they get close enough and then they can kill their opponent easily. No human can be faster than their movement speed on a consistent basis (note that Netero is only super fast in his attack speed, not movement speed) and who cares if you're taking some extra damage for a species that can lose a limb without feeling it?

    Now I'm guessing part of the reason why Netero was able to create space was because Meryem agreed to fight him under a handicap. That is, Meryem needed to find an opening in his move, even though with his durability he doesn't need to. All he has to do is walk through the attack and punch Netero once and then it's over. Netero can't outrun him, and Netero isn't strong enough to move him either, but he knows Netero wouldn't give up if he just beat him like that so he actually allowed Netero to create space on his successful hits. If you assume your top 5 at least gets this kind of handicap you can formulate some strategy. Otherwise all he's going to do is walk up to one guy at a time and kill him and repeat as needed. I think people buy too much into this strategy nonsense. When you've the physical level of a RG or higher, all you have to do is take every hit and hit someone back the moment they landed their hit. You wouldn't need a strategy because this will always work, and no you can't just have a magical ability that bypasses this because if it worked like that, that'd mean there are guys who can kill someone arbitarily powerful in one hit if the attack connects, which violates the fundamental basis of HXH. And even if you had attacks like that, the RG+ level opponents have the best special abilities in HXH too so they could just come up with something even better.

    And of course Meryem could kill his royal guards, but he actually considers them as not-food so he does have some respect for them. Being able to kill Pitou at least puts Gon at a level able to threaten Meryem, but that doesn't mean he can win. The Royal Guards are extremely protective of Meryem and would take no chances whatsoever.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Toriko Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    You're not going to be able to win by doing damage against Meryem or even the Royal Guards. This is a species where even the common soldiers can continue fighting with their head separated from their body. Even if you can improbably hit them through their insane defenses, someone of the Royal Guard calibur can simply take that hit and hit you back at the same time and they'll easily outlast you.

    There was a lot of bogus violation of momentum in the Netero versus Meryem fight. That is, there should be absolutely no move Netero could've used that can move Meryem while he's on land (Pitou got knocked away because he's in air with no support, so that actually made sense), because if he can knock Meryem back that implies he's stronger than Meryem! So for Meryem (and all RG really) all they have to do is just calmly walk up to their opponent in a guarded position until they get close enough and then they can kill their opponent easily. No human can be faster than their movement speed on a consistent basis (note that Netero is only super fast in his attack speed, not movement speed) and who cares if you're taking some extra damage for a species that can lose a limb without feeling it?

    Now I'm guessing part of the reason why Netero was able to create space was because Meryem agreed to fight him under a handicap. That is, Meryem needed to find an opening in his move, even though with his durability he doesn't need to. All he has to do is walk through the attack and punch Netero once and then it's over. Netero can't outrun him, and Netero isn't strong enough to move him either, but he knows Netero wouldn't give up if he just beat him like that so he actually allowed Netero to create space on his successful hits. If you assume your top 5 at least gets this kind of handicap you can formulate some strategy. Otherwise all he's going to do is walk up to one guy at a time and kill him and repeat as needed. I think people buy too much into this strategy nonsense. When you've the physical level of a RG or higher, all you have to do is take every hit and hit someone back the moment they landed their hit. You wouldn't need a strategy because this will always work, and no you can't just have a magical ability that bypasses this because if it worked like that, that'd mean there are guys who can kill someone arbitarily powerful in one hit if the attack connects, which violates the fundamental basis of HXH. And even if you had attacks like that, the RG+ level opponents have the best special abilities in HXH too so they could just come up with something even better.

    And of course Meryem could kill his royal guards, but he actually considers them as not-food so he does have some respect for them. Being able to kill Pitou at least puts Gon at a level able to threaten Meryem, but that doesn't mean he can win. The Royal Guards are extremely protective of Meryem and would take no chances whatsoever.
    I get what your saying But the Chimera ants aren't invincible.

    Yupi Lost an Eye to Shoot 's Hatsu. If he instinctively didn't keep defelecting Shoot's hand he would of lost....Killua even possess a Hatsu to shock and paralyzed Youpi, leaving him to be hit by Knuckle numerous times.

    TeamWork by Experienced NeN users can take out an RG. A well developed tricky Hatsu is always the answer. Via Smokey Jail, Kanmaru, Potclean.

    TeamWork Vs The King. I see Netero as the only person that can react to his speed through via attacking. That's being said capable fighters would need to support him. I wanted to see the silly teams but the thread is really Netero+ 4Nen users helping him. Netero held the King in place before, if this feat is repeated if chosen wisely Meruem can be defeated.

  6. #35
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner omegablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    1. Ging
    2. Zeno
    3. Silva
    4. Netero
    5. Feitan

  7. #36
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

    There was a lot of bogus violation of momentum in the Netero versus Meryem fight. That is, there should be absolutely no move Netero could've used that can move Meryem while he's on land (Pitou got knocked away because he's in air with no support, so that actually made sense), because if he can knock Meryem back that implies he's stronger than Meryem!
    Perhaps Netero's statue IS stronger and the King is more durable than strong.

  8. #37
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    I also don´t think there is a team who can 100% kill Meruem. The team would need godly defense and godly offense. Even then, Meruem is that fast. So the team would need diversions. I came up with this, as my team with the highest possibility to kill the King.

    Hisoka and Machi. Those are here to pin Meruem down. Machi definitely can´t kill Meruem with her skills alone, but i think her and Hisoka can actually slow him down with enough threads / bungee gums attached. Then, the biggest Meruem problem is solved - his agility.
    Knov and Morel. Those are to deal with Meruem´s offensive power, by creating diversions. Dimension stuff to keep people alive, and smoke illusions of the 5th member.
    Razor. His pure offensive power is, in my opinion, the most suited to compare with Netero. Each nen ball packs a big punch (maybe as strong, or even stronger then a single Netero punch). So his role would be to send those balls to Netero and keep sending them. He can create diversions with his puppets, but Morel is there for that, and i want him to focus solely on offensive.

    I chose to not put Netero on this team, as i think he takes too much space for himself. I don´t think anyone would be able to acompanny him. Also, I like the team I created =D

  9. #38
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    There was a lot of bogus violation of momentum in the Netero versus Meryem fight. That is, there should be absolutely no move Netero could've used that can move Meryem while he's on land (Pitou got knocked away because he's in air with no support, so that actually made sense), because if he can knock Meryem back that implies he's stronger than Meryem! So for Meryem (and all RG really) all they have to do is just calmly walk up to their opponent in a guarded position until they get close enough and then they can kill their opponent easily. No human can be faster than their movement speed on a consistent basis (note that Netero is only super fast in his attack speed, not movement speed) and who cares if you're taking some extra damage for a species that can lose a limb without feeling it?
    The Kannon's arms are not on the ground though and Meruem used his 2 arms to repel 2 of Kannon's, the speed of the attack has its importance too. I disagree when you say no human can be faster than them, you have no proof to certify that. If it's possible to have faster attack speed then being faster and physically stronger is possible.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  10. #39
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantrom
    There was a lot of bogus violation of momentum in the Netero versus Meryem fight. That is, there should be absolutely no move Netero could've used that can move Meryem while he's on land (Pitou got knocked away because he's in air with no support, so that actually made sense), because if he can knock Meryem back that implies he's stronger than Meryem!
    Netero's attacks were strong enough to temporarily overpower the King, but not enough to harm him. Comparatively, when someone kicks a football off the ground, they aren't going to case major damage to it, even though they are hitting it with an overwhelming force.

  11. #40
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    1. Leorio
    2. Meleoron
    3. Oxygen tank

    They would just punch him over and over for days.. maybe years.. from a safe distance

    edit: the tank is connected to his lungs.. so he doesn't have to breathe.. or some device that works that way.
    Last edited by AntArt; July 15, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

  12. #41
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by AntArt View Post
    1. Leorio
    2. Meleoron
    3. Oxygen tank

    They would just punch him over and over for days.. maybe years.. from a safe distance

    edit: the tank is connected to his lungs.. so he doesn't have to breathe.. or some device that works that way.
    Your a F***** Genius. Meleron with Oxygen tank Def Beats King

  13. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Leorio wouldn't dent Mereum in a million years. If Netero can't, then what makes you think Leorio can? Furthermore, Leorio's emission attack traces a path from the floor back to the user. It's unclear to me if nen emitted by people under God's Accomplice becomes invisible too. Actually the entire premise of Yupi FEELING Knuckle's punch is contradictory with the bird's inability to feel the sensation of being touched by Meleron.

  14. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Leorio wouldn't dent Mereum in a million years. If Netero can't, then what makes you think Leorio can? Furthermore, Leorio's emission attack traces a path from the floor back to the user. It's unclear to me if nen emitted by people under God's Accomplice becomes invisible too. Actually the entire premise of Yupi FEELING Knuckle's punch is contradictory with the bird's inability to feel the sensation of being touched by Meleron.
    The Whole Bird thing is weird, His presence is gone but he physically isn't gone. So he must have been touching the bird lightly, but he was showing that his presence can no longer be detected .

    Yes as long your within God's Accomplice everything is invisible and undetected.
    Note Yupi didn't notice PotClean, nor was it visible until meleron took a breathe.

  15. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    I bet post-rose Meruem's In could detect Meleoron

  16. #45
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    24
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

    Netero's attack are nearly unpredictable so I will try to increase this even more.

    Omokage:
    With Soul Dol, he make Netero-bis, Morel-bis, Razor-bis and Méleoron-bis.
    He will use Doll Catcher with Meleron-bis and he will hide with Morel.

    Netero + Méleoron:
    Netero's attack will become even more unpredictable for Meruem.

    Morel
    /Omokage:
    He will hide with Omokage and escape with God's Accomplice if Meruem find them.

    With his Deep Purple, he will make a lof of fake Netero/Meleoron/Guanyin Bodhisattva and Razor/14 devils.
    Netero's attack will become even more unpredictable for Meruem

    Morel-bis:
    He will be weaker but he will do the same thing, a lot of fake Netero/Meleoron/Guanyin Bodhisattva and Razor/14 devils.
    Netero's attack will become even more unpredictable.

    Netero-bis:
    He will have a fake Meleoron on him thanks to Deep Purple.
    He will be way way weaker but he will fight against Meruem and make the attack of the real Netero even more unpredictable.

    Razor:
    He will fight from a distance and use his 14 devils.

    Razor-bis:
    He will be weaker but he will do the same thing.
    Last edited by Pokkle; July 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts