Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 5 vs Meruem

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Somaliland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best 5 vs Mereum

Whether pre-rose or post-rose, I strongly doubt that any sequence of attacks could seriously damage that monster. Sorry to be a buzz-kill, but let's face it, we're talking about Mereum.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol agreed. Meruem is a freaking beast.... and the best part about him is his complex personality. I've never loved a villain so much in a series before... minus the Troupe.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Yeah I would definitely want Killua on my team. He's seriously the only character that actually left Youpi helpless and unable to do anything. If Killua didn't run out of electricity so fast it would've been awesome. I agree that Shoot, Knuckle, and Killua probably could've beaten Youpi if they were all together and at 100%. Killua would need massive Kanmaru training for this to work though. I watched the Kanmaru episode last night and didn't realize how helpless Killua made Youpi. He literally couldn't do shit lol. Only 10 seconds went by when shoot was fighting Youpi.... it seemed like waaay more time was passing by when Killua was shocking him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I can't imagine anyone alive in the manga with the strength to so much as punt a dent on the king. In most scenarios I would argue an enhancer, emitter or transmutter doing anything to the king would be impossible. In other threads I have written about just how insane netero's offense is by comparing a single attack from his boditsava to uvo's big bang impact, arguably the strongest attack we have seen in the series so far apart from yupi's explosion thingy which created a massive crater. Anyways, mereum brushed of hundreds of thousands of those like it was nothing. Then we have the bomb bit which presumably was an insane temperature. Mereum survived it and was alive enough to consume his royals.

So, what does that tell us? I would think that is a reasonably good indication that not a single member in the troupe so far is able to harm mereum at all. Uvo and phynx are completely out of question at least. Feitan has a cool thing with his armor but he would die before he can even react against either version of the king and the temperature he can conjure is presumably not enough. Hisoka does not have much offensive capabity to speak of, his cards won't do crap and his bungee gum is unlikely to even somewhat stop the king. The king is likely to just keep stretching it and just walk out of it. Machi's string would likely just snap under the pressure the king would be able to put on it. SHizuku would just die.... No way she can harm the king. Even if she can actually inflict a wound from which she can draw blood the fight would be over before she is finished. To whom I give slightly better odds is nobunaga. He enhances his sword so his cutting capacity must be quite something. Its only a slight chance though, odds are mereum's nen is so overpowering it can actually stop the blade point blank. Frankin has a straightforward ability, he won't do crap here. Whats worst, he relies on a machine gun like ability, he uses many weak but fast attacks to cause damage. If he had an alternative that could at least cause a lot of damage in one go he might put a dent but that is not the case so far. The mummy guy has a weird ability, I guess it depends on what he can conjure. His odds are not very high though.

Anyways, the only plausible way I can see someone doing something against mereum would be manipulation or conjuration because they do not fight in conventional ways but rather rely on strong vows and rules. Its plausible that the king can be manipulated although actually fulfilling the conditions should be next to impossible. Conjuration would perhaps have a better chance here although it would depend a lot on what the conditions and effect of the abilities are. The more specific the better. Although it can't be something like what kurapica does. Odds are that if that worked the king would still be able to break the chain because his natural strength would be enough to deal with the chain. Even then, seals and whatnot are not an absolute when it comes to nen. Conditions don't make something infinitely stronger, it makes something simply stronger than it would be otherwise. In that regard, cows cage for example, can presumably still be broken through enough strength. Something that would actually harm or kill the king is perhaps beyond human....

The only scenario where I could see the king being defeated somehow if is multiple high level nen users devote their time and energy solely to developing a hatsu which can actually do the trick. It would be every bit as what kurapika did against the ginei ryodan. And of course that would be difficult considering the lengths to which kurapica went to deal with the ginei ryodan and they were only human. Netero got to where he got but only because he was in a regard beyond human (and beyond the king himself) in terms of speed.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Knov and Meleoron should be able to kill him with Invisbility+ Scream.

Maybe Phinks, Meleoron and Knov(not as an attacker) could beat him? Assuming there is no limit to Ripper Cyclotron as long as he winds his arm, he can wind it for a lonnnnng time in one of Knov's pocket dimension, advance without being noticed with Meleoron and punch him, Meleoron will also be with Knov, if Phinks fails they teleport and he can wind his arm for a longer period than before until he manages to kill him with his punch.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but... how many spins would it take phinx to do that? Meruem took hundreds if not thousands of hits from netero and we saw his attacks were insanely strong and fast. I would argue that just surpassing uvo's big bang impact would already be quite quite a feat although given that it is a condition of sorts it is plausible... Even if his attack could grow infinitely stronger the amount of time he would have to spend doing it would be quite long. Even yupi was said to have at least ten times the aura of morel and the king is presumably well beyond that. Realistically speaking phinx matching even netero would seem impossible no matter how much he spins his arm.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

To surpass BBI should not be that complicated I think considering Phinks is an Enhancer but I ma starting to think Knov should be banned, his power is too useful.

Knov + Meleoron just trap Meruem in a pocket dimension and wait for him to die from hunger .
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, surpassing BBI should have two components. One should be nen and the other one should be physical capacity. We have little means of comparing the nen of uvo and phinx however at least in terms of physical capacity it makes sense uvo would be the strongest perhaps by quite a bit. In the arm wrestling thing uvo was stronger than phinx according to the manga at least.

Trapping mereum is actually a good idea. Provided mereum does not have the sheer raw power to actually destroy the dimension. I am not sure if using the dimension as a weapon like he did against that one ant would necessarily be effective though. If we consider a combination with meleoron the ideal scenario is using a manipulator rather than knov. Something simple, like shalnark's ability would be ideal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shalnark would need to go autopilot and have an SSJ4 mode lol. When he went SSJ he said his ankles and back would hurt for a few days... so I imagine if he were to be crippled for a few weeks then that would be equivalent to an SSJ4 or something.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    Shalnark would need to go autopilot and have an SSJ4 mode lol. When he went SSJ he said his ankles and back would hurt for a few days... so I imagine if he were to be crippled for a few weeks then that would be equivalent to an SSJ4 or something.
    Well, with a meleoron/shalnark combination the point would be to use his manipulation ability rather than his transformation lol. Get the antena on meruem and all that. I don't think there is a possibility of shalnark lasting two seconds even with his power boost thingy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ging: It took me 3 times getting hit by this to mimic it... but now I've got it:

Reeeeiguuuuuun!!!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides Knov's ability, I see no other character being able to damage Meruem, even Netero's Zero Hand did nothing but some scratches for god sake
    Although I'd love to see how Meruem would handle Pain Packer too... But anyway, except Meleoron + Knov combo and Adult Gon, nobody should be able to damage him

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hhhhmmmmm.....

Why not use Killua and Alluka/Nanika combo. They can easily defeat Mereum without sweat.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Feitan can do some damage if you chop off his arms and legs and maybe the Rippler Cyclone guy if he winds his arm tens of thousands of times.

Anyway I bet you Knov had a "panic attack" for plot purposes. If you think about it his ability is ridiculously hax especially in conjunction with Meleoron's ability.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member IamJacky's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean this topic is fun to think about but I too honestly believe that there're no combination of nen users/strategies that can take down Meruem. He is simply too strong.

As mentioned before, there is no single nen user that can inflict any type of serious damage on Meruem. It is evident that even Netero's Zero barely scratched the guy. So strength based Nen users such as Uvogin and Phinks are out of the picture.

Second of all, Mereum is extremely fast, almost matching the speed that of Netero's Kanon fists.

So there you have Meruem with extreme defense, sheer attack power, and speed. I guess the only other way to go is through some type of special Nen ability.

Super Gon is probably the closest of a threat to Meruem, but I don't think that means he could beat Meruem. The only battle we see of Meruem vs Netero, and the whole time Meruem looked at it as a handicapped game, he never had the intention to kill Netero. Someone mentioned earlier that Super Gon pretty much one-hit Pitou, but so can Meruem - remember when he tore his own arm off, and Pufu kept asking Meruem to heal, otherwise he wished to die? Meruem said "Come here, I'll grant your wish with one clean hit.". So yeah, what I'm trying to say is that we have never seen Meruem tried at all, so it's difficult to assess his full power (even at pre-rose).

Knuckle's ability seems suiting, but how long would it take in order to completely deplete Mereum's aura? I'm guessing forever? At least not long enough before Mereum kills every single person in the combat. And even if you do, I'm guessing even without Nen, Meruem is still strong with his sheer physical strength.

Mel's invisibility is great, but it needs to work with someone. Le'ts say Kurapika's judgement chain, this seems feasible (even though lame), but even though I doubt Kurapika's nen capacity is strong enough to overpass Mereum's existence (in the Nen world, you can bend the rule, but can't break it, i.e.: you can make a very very sharp blade, but not a blade that can cut through ANYTHING), but let's say if Kurapika's chain does work on Mereum and that assuming if Mereum truly dies if his heart explodes, all he had to do is simply follow Kurapika's order, then he's still alive. (but with Mereum's attitude he'd probably NOT follow the order and die, lol)

Chrollo's book is great, at least teleport will be somewhat helpful to help dodge attacks or escape, but not for a long while because Meruem will soon find out Chrollo is annoying and just kill him off.

I can't think of anyone else at the moment, it's been too long since hiatus...

All in all, I do think Meruem (1.0 or 2.0) is invincible, he is probably the best villain in my list - because despite the cliche of being the extreme power being that he his, he's showed development in his personality, his intelligence and sense of pride, and of course most importantly the development with Komugi. I think I liked HxH so much more just how this whole Meruem character and the entire arc played out, so again hats off to Togashi!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Since my original three goes unnoticed and unadressed, I will go for another group

Knov (with the help of Netero) to trap Meruem in his Mansion.
    Knuckle with Meleoron to put Potclen on Meruem and Knov will put him in a different room but in range to get the effect.
    Wait for one day (the snowball effect is REALLY big - do the math yourselves) for King to be in Zetsu.
    Call periodically Morel to poison him with CO2 (as he did with Leol) or get Genthru to periodically plant bombs on the King (remember Meruem can´t use Nen to block it)

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast