Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [One Piece] Luffy vs Doflamingo (Luffy Superior)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[One Piece] Luffy vs Doflamingo (Luffy Superior)

In many forums, I've been seeing things like "Oh Doflamingo can defeat Luffy to the point where it's considered rape" or "Doflamingo can defeat Luffy" However I'd like to take my side on Luffy's this time, so I believe Luffy can defeat Doflamingo at our current arc, Dressrosa arc.

Disclaimer: there will be SPOILERS in the manga, so those only watching the anime, please leave.

Reason why I think Luffy is stronger than Doflamingo because in that little par we saw with Luffy and Doflamingo, I honestly think that Oda was intending to show that Doflamingo was "stronger" than Luffy but in reality he wanted us to see one way and surprise us with a different result. (sound like an Oda thing to do?)

My second reason on why I believe Luffy is stronger than Doflamingo because in that par we saw Doflamingo having possession of Armanant (I don't if I spelled it correctly) Haki which is a counter over Luffy's Haki so we can simply cross Haki out of the way, but that's only if Luffy only targets Doflamingo's invulnerable areas. In the Amazon Lilly's Arc, the battle between Luffy and the Amazon sisters (Sonia and Martigold) we see that Luffy is able to go extremely fast in second gear which enabled him to teleport basically around the Amazon sisters. Therefore if Luffy were to use second gear (which has been improved since the Amazon Lilly arc) and used that kind of speed where he was able to teleport around then I'm sure Luffy can outrun Doflamingo in speed and Armanant Haki will play a big part in Luffy defeating Doflamingo.

My third reason is the trend of the Dressrosa arc, compared to the Alabasta arc. We see in the Alabasta arc, Crocodile defeating Luffy twice in the same arc and almost killing him, but in the third match Crocodile was defeated by Luffy because Luffy exploited Croc's weakness (water). The same trend goes with Dressrosa arc, Luffy gets decimated by Doflamingo twice (including the little par we got between them) and then in the third match (probably when Doflamingo is fleeing from Dressrosa) Luffy will prevail victorious because Luffy will exploit Doflamingo's haki by overcoming it with his haki and speed of course.

Last but not least, Luffy's endurance. It is probably a fact that Luffy is indeed stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro is a swordsman. Ok think about this, based on what we've seen from Zoro during fishman arc him and his dragon attacks, they're like probably a thousand slashes. So if Luffy can overcome Zoro's dragon attacks then I guarantee that Luffy will be able to withstand Doflamingo's single slashes but probably the strings are a bit durable.

TL;DR? well that's why I broke them into paragraphs

Thanks for reading, I'll try and take criticism

-Ace
    Last edited by AceDetective; June 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [One Piece] Luffy vs Doflamingo (Luffy Superior)

Honestly, I can just bash this for me personally with one sentence: The Manga would be fucking boring. Thats all there is to it for me. Sorry about that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole point of enemies like Doflamingo and Crocodile is that they are superior to Luffy in nearly every way; there would be no point in OP is Luffy was superior to his enemies before fighting them. The only way to grow is to take on challenges.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

he was superior to Hody main villan last arc... you cant just summarize characters that way ... Doflamingo`s main strength is his intellect, connections, influence in the worl and the underworld... it does not mean that he is that capable fighter
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    he was superior to Hody main villan last arc... you cant just summarize characters that way ... Doflamingo`s main strength is his intellect, connections, influence in the worl and the underworld... it does not mean that he is that capable fighter
    So we're forgetting that he basically one-hitted Smoker? That he was able to escape from Aokijis freezing just like that? That he sliced off Oars Jrs. leg, blocked a kick by Sanji, survived a Three-way with another Samurai and an Admiral, punched Luffy back without too much effort and has Kings Haki? Where does it end with you people?

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think, the match between Luffy and Doflamingo will go down the way people are suggesting. Doflamingo is very cautious, smart and clever and he makes his moves carefully. And now, with Dressrosa in the state it's in and the possibility of losing his Smile Factory, the one thing that gives him leverage in the New World, regarding the Yonkou, Kaidou, I don't think he'll hold back at all. Doflamingo has no loyalty and he's completely different from Crocodile, he's more ruthless ands shows no mercy.

Doflamingo must know that taking on Strawhat will draw attention to him from the Revolutionary Army and Marineford. Plus, he's on the verge of being broadcasted to the World Government for who he truly is, his connections in the New World and his alias, Joker. We don't know, who Joker is to the World Government and if, there is a bounty on him.

Law will most likely be a catalyst to helping Luffy, but I still think, Kyros will be the one to end Doflamingo and restore Dressrosa to King Riku.
    Munga is Mad Phunny.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I see this fight being way better than the fight against lucci....doflamingo so far is proven to be one of the most dangerous and smartest opponents yet

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Doflamingo is going to be defeated in this arc. Or else it will end in a terribly anticlimactic way. All that Doflamingo hype and his evil deeds, all that raging in Dressrosa, all that righteousness boiling inside Luffy - all of it resulting in nothing? No way. Although I'm having a hard time imagining how Luffy can cope with Dofla's DF. Some say CoA is enough to shake off the strings that control you, but I doubt it. And I don't think Dofla will be nerfed somehow, for example Law taking off his seastone cuffs and putting them on him. So it's either teaming up with others, or Luffy will come up with something creative.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Of course Doflamingo is going to be defeated in this arc. Or else it will end in a terribly anticlimactic way. All that Doflamingo hype and his evil deeds, all that raging in Dressrosa, all that righteousness boiling inside Luffy - all of it resulting in nothing? No way. Although I'm having a hard time imagining how Luffy can cope with Dofla's DF. Some say CoA is enough to shake off the strings that control you, but I doubt it. And I don't think Dofla will be nerfed somehow, for example Law taking off his seastone cuffs and putting them on him. So it's either teaming up with others, or Luffy will come up with something creative.
    That won't work, Flamingo is too smart for that and very prepared. Note his quote with law when dealing with him at Green Bit "So many past opponents underestimated the Straw Hats and failed."

Since Law and Luffy both wants to take out Mingo but near impossible atm...how about this for a possibility:
    While Luffy fights Mingo while both have been at it for a while, Law waits for the opportunity for Mingo to drop his guard and cuts his "hands" off, replacing them with something else. Without mingo's hands, most of his strength will be gone, but dont forget his amazing foot work and ability with Conqueror's and etc.
    NOT TO MENTION the fact that Oda is hiding his eyes under his glasses for some odd reason. (when he performs conquerors or anything related, that area is completely veined up..) Something is fishy about his eyes.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No one especially myself after waiting 4 years for Luffy to show his true strength since the timeskip would be satisfied with any help from law or anyone. If Luffy wants to take on Yonkou on his own ie as in mano e mano why the hell would it be different for flamingo? Law had his turn. It's luffy match now. I expect him to pull out and hard as it may be he wins. No matter how impossible it seems right now it wouldn't make sense for him to lose or use anyone's help. Otherwise he'd fight Law after. I just can't wait until the debate is over after he wins.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Law has to join this fight no matter what since we need to still understand what took place with a "Corazon" that made Law so hell bend on wanted a piece of flamingo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Luffy is stronger too. I even think Zoro might be stronger.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Our dear protagonist Luffy will eventually defeat Doflamingo, and while escaping from them like a dog he'll be death raped by Kaido the Rape Monster.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Doffy is way stronger than Luffy but Sugar is gonna transform him to a toy so that everybody forgets him and he can survive for now..... -> later surely beaten by luffy or kaidou.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner namod's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    It is probably a fact that Luffy is indeed stronger than Zoro, yet Zoro is a swordsman.
    Who said? Definitely not a fact, just an opinion.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast