Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poor match point tactics/behavior

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poor match point tactics/behavior

It's one thing about overcoming impossible odds, but you can't make a comeback from 3 outs in the bottom of the 9th and still call it baseball.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm other weird tactics/Match points?
    -Sanadas KaRinRai....he assumed Tezuka couldn't return it....Tezuka does. He took a HUGE gamble i guess (like S&V on MP when you haven't done it the whole time) but if that ball just landed in the opposite court i don't think either of them can continue the match and it ends in a draw.
    -Ryoma declares he'll return big bang with a return winner in the end. Tanishi forgets this fact and just abuses big bang rather than using it sparingly for 12 games. Everyone's arm gets tired and their MPHs eventually go down. Ryomas acting too good? or tactical error.
    -Tezuka playing into atobes hands and dragging out the match when he was obviously the better player (though he did win the endurance battle and was serving for the match)
    -Oishis wrist was in danger but the way the GP was playing does no one else think they could have scored a few more points to beat the Silver Pair?
    -Why did Atobe stop using Tannhauser serve? Is it ever stated Ryoma figured it out, or perhaps it's not a shot he can abuse.

Those are the ones that come to mind right away.

Re: Taking 5-6 games in a row. I've seen it happen several times in actual tennis matches (Federer up 5-1 VS Nadal and loses 6 straight games etc) so that doesn't bother me, usually a combination of choking and a huge momentum swing. Though idk if any character in PoT chokes, they're usually just outplayed.

Spoiler show
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Hmm other weird tactics/Match points?
    -Sanadas KaRinRai....he assumed Tezuka couldn't return it....Tezuka does. He took a HUGE gamble i guess (like S&V on MP when you haven't done it the whole time) but if that ball just landed in the opposite court i don't think either of them can continue the match and it ends in a draw.

Actually, Tezuka can. He is been shown to use his right arm to beat Yamato before. Sure, Yamato might only be injure back then, but being able to hit a ball at all is far far far better than not being able to move a leg. If Sanada doesn't lucky even with the spin on that shot with his mighty roar move, Tezuka most likely would have won.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Actually, Tezuka can. He is been shown to use his right arm to beat Yamato before. Sure, Yamato might only be injure back then, but being able to hit a ball at all is far far far better than not being able to move a leg. If Sanada doesn't lucky even with the spin on that shot with his mighty roar move, Tezuka most likely would have won.
    He could have used his right hand to serve against Atobe but he didn't lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2