Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Watching One Piece episodes Dilemma :/

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching One Piece episodes Dilemma :/

Okayy.. So after marathoning 600+ eps im stuck with no more episodes left to watch. Waiting a week for an episode is a pain and the pacing in Once Piece is kinda slow..
    Do u watch the episode the day it releases?
    Do wait wait for 5-6 episodes to stack up and watch it at one go?
    Do u wait for an arc to pass and the watch it?
    Please share a few ideas cuz ive been watching some other anime for a while and im kinda missing One Piece. Should i wait? Should watch now? Idk :/
    Thanks

PS: im new so i have no idea if i posted in the correct section..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watching One Piece episodes Dilemma :/

Errrr, we are not based on the Anime but the Manga here ^^

Anyway, for me it's everyweek. I wake up wednesday, I roll my blunt and then I read the manga.
    And when there is a break, I cry.
    Some of my friends wait 1 or 2 months to read/watch it, but I don't like it. My way is to read once and then read the book in my language
    Still 15 years to go dude ^^

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I skip the anime.
    Animating in Japan is one of the world's most stressful jobs. They usually do not finish the episodes til about 10-15 minutes before it airs.
    The anime is required to be a certain amount of chapters behind the manga but it's hard to keep that realistic with Oda taking as many breaks as he does in the manga; thus we are stuck with them stretching one chapter out over 2-3 episodes and it still not being enough with all of his breaks lately.

TLDR; the anime is slow and boring and has a lot of unnecessary BS that doesn't add to the value of the material but takes away. And it really falls onto the Japanese management culture and strict scheduling and will not change anytime soon. Read the manga.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sproumfch View Post
    Errrr, we are not based on the Anime but the Manga here ^^

Still 15 years to go dude ^^
    Oops, my bad. Hence the name MANGA helpers i guess haha
    Anyway, i guess ive just gotta wait 10-15 years to see the end :/
    Now i see the struggle people had while watching and sticking with the anime/manga every week

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member renders's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently rewatching it too but sadly I don't have as much free time as I used to so it's at a slow pace.I recommend you watch hunter x hunter 2011 or other shounens too and wait untl the dressrosa arc ends then you can marathon it.One piece is better when marathoned each arc,so instead of waiting every week just wait until a arc ends ends airing
    ''The melody of logic always plays the note of truth''

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catagon87 View Post
    I skip the anime.
    Animating in Japan is one of the world's most stressful jobs. They usually do not finish the episodes til about 10-15 minutes before it airs.
    The anime is required to be a certain amount of chapters behind the manga but it's hard to keep that realistic with Oda taking as many breaks as he does in the manga; thus we are stuck with them stretching one chapter out over 2-3 episodes and it still not being enough with all of his breaks lately.

TLDR; the anime is slow and boring and has a lot of unnecessary BS that doesn't add to the value of the material but takes away. And it really falls onto the Japanese management culture and strict scheduling and will not change anytime soon. Read the manga.
    Yea, i hear that oda falls sick often while working on the manga and therefore the the anime catches up causing slower pacing (well at least there isnt as many fillers like bleach lol)
    Anyway, is the manga better? Im currently reading the manga from beginning. If the manga is better, ill carry on to the current chapters. Maybe ill watch the episodes later

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Thanks renders. Ive watched hxh 2011, stopped at the chimera ant arc and waiting for the eps to stack up
    While marathoning, the slow pacing isnt much of a problem i guess

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tr3v0r View Post
    Okayy.. So after marathoning 600+ eps im stuck with no more episodes left to watch. Waiting a week for an episode is a pain and the pacing in Once Piece is kinda slow..
    Do u watch the episode the day it releases?
    Do wait wait for 5-6 episodes to stack up and watch it at one go?
    Do u wait for an arc to pass and the watch it?
    Please share a few ideas cuz ive been watching some other anime for a while and im kinda missing One Piece. Should i wait? Should watch now? Idk :/
    Thanks

PS: im new so i have no idea if i posted in the correct section..
    am watching one episode per week for past 9 years.
    Last edited by milek; June 17, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tr3v0r View Post
    Yea, i hear that oda falls sick often while working on the manga and therefore the the anime catches up causing slower pacing (well at least there isnt as many fillers like bleach lol)
    Anyway, is the manga better? Im currently reading the manga from beginning. If the manga is better, ill carry on to the current chapters. Maybe ill watch the episodes later
    IMO the manga is far better and has so much interesting little things than the Anime that I only watch the fillers animes which story doesn't appear in the manga.
    But man, I'd love to be at your place and begin One Piece manga again You'll discover OP real world, the one drawn by ODA !

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

i <3 the one piece anime and I watch it every sunday!!! it makes me laugh everytime and every episode. it's just AWESOME.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

New Reply