Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Part 1 Mechanics in Part 2 Naruto

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Part 1 Mechanics in Part 2 Naruto

The question is...are they still prevalent?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Part 1 Mechanics in Part 2 Naruto

nope. this is gonna seem like bashing, but its just brutal honesty. kishi tried to turn naruto into narutoball z. he sacrificed technique, skills and ingenuity for big jutsu's and mega transformations oh and dont forget if you arent and uchiha or senju you are pretty much irrelevant. i remember someone, i think black zetsu, said " an expert with a rock can beat a rookie with a knife" welp, that doesnt apply anymore. all you need is a mega jutsu and some over powered genetics and you're pretty much golden...unless youre a woman lol kishi seems to not like making powerful female characters. I had such hopes for ten-ten in part 1 lol she was and still is my fav haha but i digress.

naruto is nothing like it was in part 1. the manga started going downhill after the introduction of the zombie twins. there are no more training arcs, no character development besides kishis favorite, sasuke(he openly admitted sasuke is his favorite character to draw -_- ). naruto is still the same loud mouth pretentious kid who thinks he can solve everything with talk no jutsu and sadly he does. hes never had to develop emotionally because everything always goes his way. its either his way or the highway, he never has to compromise or look at things from a viewpoint that differentiates from his. naruto, was supposed to be this hard working nin that pushed through the odds, but as of part 2 he has been elevated to ninja jesus, with the best genetics, OP parents, strongest tailed beast and is the "chosen child".

kishi completely abandoned part 1 in hopes of creating an epic manga the level of dragonball zb ut failed to realize that naruto was already on its way to being that level it just had its own uniqueness. naruto and dbz are like apples and oranges, 2 different styles but both are great in their own way.. you cant create a story, make it unique then completely abandon its original premise simply so you can add mega jutsu and super cool power ups. the reason naruto sucks now is because its not the same story as it was and now its too late to turn back and fix it. he tried to turn an apple into an orange... if you get what im saying.

call me a hater, cynic or basher...whatever you want. im just being honest. i havent seen a glimpse of part 1 in the manga since... i cant even remember. i guess shikimaru beating hidan by himself was the last time. he actually used strategy, which is an aspect that has been lost for some time now. sorry for the long post and if i went off topic, but it had to be said

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    nope. this is gonna seem like bashing, but its just brutal honesty. kishi tried to turn naruto into narutoball z. he sacrificed technique, skills and ingenuity for big jutsu's and mega transformations oh and dont forget if you arent and uchiha or senju you are pretty much irrelevant. i remember someone, i think black zetsu, said " an expert with a rock can beat a rookie with a knife" welp, that doesnt apply anymore. all you need is a mega jutsu and some over powered genetics and you're pretty much golden...unless youre a woman lol kishi seems to not like making powerful female characters. I had such hopes for ten-ten in part 1 lol she was and still is my fav haha but i digress.
    Nothing wrong with being honest, though that's not even the point of the post, and there are clearly several powerful female characters. Even more so than in part 1.

Quote Quote:
    naruto is nothing like it was in part 1. the manga started going downhill after the introduction of the zombie twins. there are no more training arcs, no character development besides kishis favorite, sasuke(he openly admitted sasuke is his favorite character to draw -_- ). naruto is still the same loud mouth pretentious kid who thinks he can solve everything with talk no jutsu and sadly he does. hes never had to develop emotionally because everything always goes his way. its either his way or the highway, he never has to compromise or look at things from a viewpoint that differentiates from his. naruto, was supposed to be this hard working nin that pushed through the odds, but as of part 2 he has been elevated to ninja jesus, with the best genetics, OP parents, strongest tailed beast and is the "chosen child".
    Naruto has also undergone major character development. I don't think Jiraiya dying or Konoha being reduced to a crater is something Naruto wanted. There are other examples, too. And what exactly went his way that he didn't work really hard or practically die to get?

Sasuke? The one thing he was trying for? The only reason they are working together now is because Sasuke doesn't want to end up tree food or waste his brother legacy.

Naruto is a loud mouth because that's his personality. I don't agree that he's pretentious, but his "talk no jutsu" comes from actual experience (e.g. overcoming the lust for revenge, etc.). He doesn't just make stuff up.

It just so happens that the viewpoints that differentiate from Naruto are all based on:

1. Bad thing happened to me, therefore
    2. Everyone else must die/be put into a powerful genjutsu

It's kind of difficult not to fight for something else.

I do agree that the whole destiny thing with Naruto is a bit silly. I liked that he had to work hard for his abilities.
    Granted, he still had to work hard to get where he is now. But the manga does straight up say suggest that Naruto was destined for great power anyway.
    It kind of completely takes away from his speech with Neji after their first fight.

I don't see anything wrong with Sasuke being Kishimoto's favorite character, personally. Sasuke was majorly troubled from the beginning, so extreme character development was bound to happen regardless. I don't feel like Naruto isn't the main character, so I have no issue with it. Sasuke just happens to be another main character.

Quote Quote:
    kishi completely abandoned part 1 in hopes of creating an epic manga the level of dragonball zb ut failed to realize that naruto was already on its way to being that level it just had its own uniqueness. naruto and dbz are like apples and oranges, 2 different styles but both are great in their own way.. you cant create a story, make it unique then completely abandon its original premise simply so you can add mega jutsu and super cool power ups. the reason naruto sucks now is because its not the same story as it was and now its too late to turn back and fix it. he tried to turn an apple into an orange... if you get what im saying.
    I see where you are coming from. Personally, I don't mind the way Naruto is now.

Kishimoto has, to me, successfully come full circle with the original story. Which is really what matters.

1. Kyuubi attacked. Fourth Hokage died stopping it. Kyuubi was put into a baby.
    2. Uchiha Itachi killed the Uchiha clan.

We now know the why, how, who, what, where, when for both scenarios. And they just happen to coincide with each other.
    At this point, it's just defeated the crazy final villian. Why not make it super awesome?

Quote Quote:
    call me a hater, cynic or basher...whatever you want. im just being honest. i havent seen a glimpse of part 1 in the manga since... i cant even remember. i guess shikimaru beating hidan by himself was the last time. he actually used strategy, which is an aspect that has been lost for some time now. sorry for the long post and if i went off topic, but it had to be said
    That's the issue. You're still thinking on too small and too specific a scale.

You can't really do that with a war. Which, by the way, involves strategy.
    We can see strategics being actively employed all throughout the war.

Other examples of strategy/mechanics in part 2 fights:

1. Sakura preparing antidotes before her fight with Sasori
    2. Deidara tricking Gaara into blowing himself up, essentially
    3. Sasuke figuring out how to defuse Deidara's bombs
    4. Sasuke using Itachi's own jutsu to power his own
    5. Naruto learning how to use Kage Bunshin like a pro
    6. Shikamaru basically luring Hidan to his death

Conclusion. Part 1 mechanics aren't prevalent anymore. But that's because this isn't the Chuunin Exams anymore.
    Last edited by Exodi; June 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@exodi

Quote Quote:
    Nothing wrong with being honest, though that's not even the point of the post, and there are clearly several powerful female characters. Even more so than in part 1.
    the only powerful female character introduced in part 2 has been chiyo, konan and mei. thats it, compared to the amount of men thats nothing. the majority of female characters in naruto are medics. outside mei, chiyo, kaguya and konan how many female characters can fight alongside the top tier men?

Quote Quote:
    Naruto has also undergone major character development. I don't think Jiraiya dying or Konoha being reduced to a crater is something Naruto wanted. There are other examples, too. And what exactly went his way that he didn't work really hard or practically die to get?

Sasuke? The one thing he was trying for? The only reason they are working together now is because Sasuke doesn't want to end up tree food or waste his brother legacy.

Naruto is a loud mouth because that's his personality. I don't agree that he's pretentious, but his "talk no jutsu" comes from actual experience (e.g. overcoming the lust for revenge, etc.). He doesn't just make stuff up.

It just so happens that the viewpoints that differentiate from Naruto are all based on:

1. Bad thing happened to me, therefore
    2. Everyone else must die/be put into a powerful genjutsu

It's kind of difficult not to fight for something else.

I do agree that the whole destiny thing with Naruto is a bit silly. I liked that he had to work hard for his abilities.
    Granted, he still had to work hard to get where he is now. But the manga does straight up say suggest that Naruto was destined for great power anyway.
    It kind of completely takes away from his speech with Neji after their first fight.

I don't see anything wrong with Sasuke being Kishimoto's favorite character, personally. Sasuke was majorly troubled from the beginning, so extreme character development was bound to happen regardless. I don't feel like Naruto isn't the main character, so I have no issue with it. Sasuke just happens to be another main character.
    naruto hasnt undergone any serious changes. yes hes had life changing events like meeting his parents but how did those change him overall? the thing about naruto as i said is everything goes his way. no matter how messed up a villain is or how screwed over he is hes never had to face any real hardships in battle. every single fight he wins in the exact same way, bait and switch, rasengan!! and on top of that every villain can be cured with a 5 minute conversation. like with obito and nagato, they have been brainwashed and evil for like 30 years a piece, but here comes a 15 year old that can cure them with simple "hey ill be your friend!" that doesnt make any sense at all and thats why naruto hasnt had to change. hes never been forced to change becuase everything can be cured with his "magnetic personality" which really isnt magnetic at all. hes never had to weigh out options of life and death, hes never had to actually come to terms with any reality outside of his own. the thing that bothers me about naruto is that he is constantly compared to goku, which is comeplete bullshit. the difference between goku and naruto is goku would try talk no jutsu, but if it didnt work he would face the reality and kill his opponent. we've see it with frieza, cell and buu. each time goku tried to get through to them they wouldnt listen and would force him to kill them or attempt to kill them. naruto on the other hand has never had to face that reality. nagato killed half his village, his teacher and wiped out konoha and naruto cured his hate with a simple love speech -___- same with obito and gaara. you cannot cure someone with that much psychological issues with a simple hug. naruto has never had to come to terms that the world doesnt revolve around his childish ideals, thats why i really wish he killed nagato. that wouldve made naruto mature significantly not some bullshit friendship speech, thats so lame.

naruto himself has never been forced to make a change, he simply goes with the flow, thats why hes had little development compared to other characters. sasuke has had just as bad if not worse than an experience than naruto, the difference between him and naruto is that sasuke will seek alternative means and answers to his problems instead of just saying "its my way of the ninja!" he was so bent on destroying konoha and killing all villagers but came to terms with a reality outside his own and made an informed decision after meeting the hokages. he didnt simply do what he wanted to, he actually weighed out the options and had to pick between his selfish nature or protecting a legacy that he never really cared for in the first place.

Quote Quote:
    I see where you are coming from. Personally, I don't mind the way Naruto is now.

Kishimoto has, to me, successfully come full circle with the original story. Which is really what matters.

1. Kyuubi attacked. Fourth Hokage died stopping it. Kyuubi was put into a baby.
    2. Uchiha Itachi killed the Uchiha clan.

We now know the why, how, who, what, where, when for both scenarios. And they just happen to coincide with each other.
    At this point, it's just defeated the crazy final villian. Why not make it super awesome?
    of course the final fight should be super awesome but the build up to it made no sense. naruto has gotten like 3 power ups since the start of this war -__- not only that this whole uchiha/ senju nonsense came out of no where. if you arent uchiha or senju you are irrelevant, and what makes matters worse is that we still havent seen any senju outside of hashirama, tobirama and the occasional uzumaki. it really makes me think that kishi pulled the majority of part 2 out of his ass...

Quote Quote:
    That's the issue. You're still thinking on too small and too specific a scale.

You can't really do that with a war. Which, by the way, involves strategy.
    We can see strategics being actively employed all throughout the war.

Other examples of strategy/mechanics in part 2 fights:

1. Sakura preparing antidotes before her fight with Sasori
    2. Deidara tricking Gaara into blowing himself up, essentially
    3. Sasuke figuring out how to defuse Deidara's bombs
    4. Sasuke using Itachi's own jutsu to power his own
    5. Naruto learning how to use Kage Bunshin like a pro
    6. Shikamaru basically luring Hidan to his death

Conclusion. Part 1 mechanics aren't prevalent anymore. But that's because this isn't the Chuunin Exams anymore.
    bro just because its not part one desnt mean there cant be any strategies. im not saying people need to be using paper bombs and trip wire. it would be nice but i mean im talking shikimaru level strategies. even naruto was able to surprise gaara when he hit him in the ass with that explosive kunai. i would like to see naruto do something other than a bait and switch but sadly its too far in the manga to be demanding new jutsu cause it would just make it even worse if naruto started using tornados out of no where... realistically kishi shouldve explained far more at the beginning of part 2 and in part 1. chakra natures shouldve been introduced in part 1 and there should be far more senju in the manga. if you really think about it, part 1 was about exploring bloodlines and technique but part 2 is all bout the battles and such and i think thats why the manga doesnt have the same amount of fan base. one of my favorites is still kimimaru, that bone guy, and he was only in the manga for like 50 chapters max. kishi shouldve stuck with exploring clans and technique, i dont really mind the big jutsu and power ups but thats all the manga is about now and it seems like a cheap imitation of dbz

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ric Flair's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Part one imo was simply the introduction and touching on the back story with the current situation. All the jutsu, characters, and events were all a tease for part 2 which is where i think kishi really wanted to focus. Part introduced the real threat to the series and delved into the truth of the backstory. As soon as the war started everything from part i was irrelevant aside from the progression towards the war, but since war is the main tie in for the story its only make sense kishi was gearing to show one. All of the "overpowered" characters are what he wanted to really touch on to begin with.

New Reply