Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BLEACH 14th Anniversary Popularity Poll

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

BLEACH 14th Anniversary Popularity Poll

Been a long time since we had one of these so I thought it warranted its own thread. People outside Japan can vote too! Go here: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/sp_enquete14/0616_bleach/

OneManga translated the whole thing to make it easy: http://onemangaforums.com/index.php?...11#entry732854

If you want to vote just match up the trans with what you see on the jump page. Its hilarious (and sad) how freakin CHAD is not even on this main poll list, though you can still vote for him or anybody not there by selecting the "other" option. Funny how As Nodt isn't there either even though he has been arguably the most prominent SR outside the big 3. Fan backlash?

P.S. I voted for Tsukishima because he's my favourite non-main character. And I figure they'll get tons of votes anyways.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLEACH 14th Anniversary Popularity Poll

It's kind of exiting to vote for the first time in one of these, thanks!!!
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. This is the first time BLEACH has had an international poll. Which means the results will be more accurate as a whole, since they won't be skewed by Japanese preferences. Though some of those do overlap with Western ones.

Guess I shoulda been more clear on how to vote though. After you select your choice you see 2 empty fields at the bottom of the vote page. The first one is the "other" option if you want to vote for someone not on the main list. The second is for your e-mail address. You have to send that in to verify the vote. After that you get taken to the final page with 2 buttons. The first one is to confirm the vote and the second is to go back if you wanna change something.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's between Uryu, Tousen, and, of course, Giselle, but I'm not sure who I want to vote for...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted for Shinji Motherfucking Hirako.

Not even a moment of hesitation, folks.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting poll.

I like all the characters. It is very difficult to choose one and "sacrifice" the rest. Nevertheless, my choice would be Yachiru for Question A and Kon for Question B.

I'm beginning to miss them in action especially Kon, who has been bringing lots of laughter in the story.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Only voted for Poll A, since I don't know about catchphrases that well myself. My vote went to Gin, the most badass character ever in Bleach.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

You gotta love how Chad isn't even amongst the main choices, though. Also, Candice is there but As Nodt isn't. KON and Kanonji are there but Tatsuki isn't.

LOL.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I didn't even mention the Poll B part cause thats kinda irrelevant to non-JP people. Poll A is the main thing.

Anyways As Nodts exclusion is obviously because of the whole Byakuya controversy.* And people still deny he wasn't supposed to be dead smh. The main poll structure is simple enough - all the most important/popular members from each group. Though one would have thought ALL main characters were important despite their failures.

I get why Candice is there cuz she is like the main fanservice SR, and you got MdM who fought a main character and defeated a bunch of people. And the big 3 SR, though Ishida is automatic anyways. Nodt fought and was defeated by freakin RUKIA - with her fucking long-awaited-almost-legendary-BAN-KAI. Askin seems to be where As Nodt SHOULD be. The guy might be important but not THAT important to be there without doing shit.

As for Chad....sigh. Funny part is that even now I think he'd do better on that poll by sheer virtue of being a main cast member, than some of the people there. -_-

*Wanna know what makes it even more blatant? Right now the same WSJ is promoting the hell out of the latest BLEACH volume - Hear, Fear, Here....starring none other than freakin AS NODT on the cover.

There's also Opie. I'm baffled how he isn't on the SR list. Fought the main character. Gave us good info on Vollstandig, how Hallibel was kidnapped, hyped Ishida etc. He also got a volume cover - the only SR along with Nodt to do so. I don't count Yhwach.
    Last edited by Xerneas; June 20, 2014 at 09:46 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the choice of characters to be considered in the list is solely from the Japanese's perspective, perhaps one of them could be its readers. Of course there is also the merchandising of the manga and its products. This is just a form of marketing. What do you think of the main purpose of the poll?

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Freakin' Chad, tho.

I mean, what the hell.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Freakin' Chad, tho.

I mean, what the hell.
    LMAO you made me chuckle. Its sad man. Even though you can vote for these left off people its still a big blow. Humans are very visual creatures so if you don't see so-and-so on the poll chances are you'll forget bout them. Like I forgot all about Opie even though he's my fav SR!

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    I think the choice of characters to be considered in the list is solely from the Japanese's perspective, perhaps one of them could be its readers. Of course there is also the merchandising of the manga and its products. This is just a form of marketing. What do you think of the main purpose of the poll?
    The main purpose is to celebrate BLEACH 14th Anniversary of serialization. I agree its all from the JP perspective though. Thats why Nodt isn't there. Despite being popular he also became public enemy #1 for humiliating and "killing" Nii-sama. I doubt it would affect his poll numbers though. I just can't think of any other reason why he would be left off from the Wandenreich list when the same WSJ, on the same damn site, IS marketing him because he's the star face of the latest volume.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Thought I should put this here too. Kubo just received a special commemorative trophy from WSJ for reaching 600 chapters in serialization (remember the series has negative chap numbers too so all told its 600+). Its so awesome!!!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Xerneas; June 21, 2014 at 03:16 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spleens's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark! TBH I love him and Zaraki equally but Yachiru is far less annoying.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xerneas View Post
    Yeah I didn't even mention the Poll B part cause thats kinda irrelevant to non-JP people. Poll A is the main thing.

Anyways As Nodts exclusion is obviously because of the whole Byakuya controversy.* And people still deny he wasn't supposed to be dead smh. The main poll structure is simple enough - all the most important/popular members from each group. Though one would have thought ALL main characters were important despite their failures.

I get why Candice is there cuz she is like the main fanservice SR, and you got MdM who fought a main character and defeated a bunch of people. And the big 3 SR, though Ishida is automatic anyways. Nodt fought and was defeated by freakin RUKIA - with her fucking long-awaited-almost-legendary-BAN-KAI. Askin seems to be where As Nodt SHOULD be. The guy might be important but not THAT important to be there without doing shit.

As for Chad....sigh. Funny part is that even now I think he'd do better on that poll by sheer virtue of being a main cast member, than some of the people there. -_-

*Wanna know what makes it even more blatant? Right now the same WSJ is promoting the hell out of the latest BLEACH volume - Hear, Fear, Here....starring none other than freakin AS NODT on the cover.

There's also Opie. I'm baffled how he isn't on the SR list. Fought the main character. Gave us good info on Vollstandig, how Hallibel was kidnapped, hyped Ishida etc. He also got a volume cover - the only SR along with Nodt to do so. I don't count Yhwach.
    The second part is easy enough just time consuming. Had to copy paste the kanji name from Part A into Part 3 to be 100% certain that it'd get read as that. Then turning on windows 7's enterprise edition language bar so I can type in katakana and hirogana where approproate. THEN finding an appropriate scene in the manga. Annoying but doable.

Right click page and then have google translate it if you are absolutely lost.
    My cheap/fast concept of a bleach character

:

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

TEAM toshiro hitsugaya!!!!

Hope he wins.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Went ahead and voted for Uryu. But I have another email so I might use that one to vote for Tousen or Giselle.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast