Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

  1. #46
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blennz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Honestly I can't wait till this s.u.c crap is over. I lost all interest in the chapter when that fool send one of the whitestar that was already stomped by shiwoon. What is he going to accomplish sending that fool to the stadium when he's not even there. I really hope that arrogant fools dies so we can move on with the story.

  2. #47
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mup View Post
    as you said you saw hint of it through out NW so i don't know your reasoning

    why is it disappointing could you elaborate ?
    I said that I saw hints of it because GMR's actions were so out of character that it wasn't funny. That doesn't mean that it was well written or anything like that. Usually, using something like brainwashing is a cop out to allow a character's out of character actions to be forgiven at the drop of a hat so that, "Oh, hey, yeah, he was brainwashed, but he wasn't responsible for any of his actions, so here's your friend back." That doesn't really fly very well. Claiming something like brainwashing is often an example of bad writing, because an author will have written himself into a corner and some outlandish explanation like this is the only way for the plot to continue flowing.

    The reason that it's disappointing is because it's such a cop out. I was really hoping that GMR was doing these things based on his own motivations, such as how the MAA treated Unwol and himself, as well as his belief that the MAA was responsible for Shiho's death. However, all we know now is that he has anger towards the MAA, but everything else seems to have been suppressed by that drug. He doesn't remember anything about Unwol, doesn't really seem to know anything about Shioon, so everything he's doing isn't really because he wants to. I mean, sure, GMR wants to destroy the MAA for obvious reasons, and this brainwashing probably couldn't work if he didn't actually want to do that, but harming civilians isn't something he'd do normally.

  3. #48
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Google it
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    guys i need confirmation here

    when the Head of the One Moon School said that Alien Doctor made 100,000 pieces of pills did he really said that Alien Doctor made 100,000 pcs? or the "materials" the Alien Doctor got is equals to 100,000 pieces if it were made to pills?

    if the first one is true then SUC got 100,000 Pcs of brain washing pills and can be used to make more brainwashed non murim people

    but if the 2nd one is the correct one then Alien Doctor didn't made 100,000 pcs of Brainwashing pills but he made some pills for the brainwashing of the police and the rest of it was made for GMR's brainwashing pills

    OMG TWO VILEPLUME

    100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

  4. #49
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    ... I was really hoping that GMR was doing these things based on his own motivations, such as how the MAA treated Unwol and himself, as well as his belief that the MAA was responsible for Shiho's death. However, all we know now is that he has anger towards the MAA, but everything else seems to have been suppressed by that drug. He doesn't remember anything about Unwol, doesn't really seem to know anything about Shioon, so everything he's doing isn't really because he wants to. I mean, sure, GMR wants to destroy the MAA for obvious reasons, and this brainwashing probably couldn't work if he didn't actually want to do that, but harming civilians isn't something he'd do normally.
    I think the brainwashing is working a bit like alcohol. When you drink, the alcohol removes your inhibitions so you do things that your rational mind wouldn't normally let you do. Similarly, the brainwashing is removing the memories of people/situations that would get in the way.

    I'm a little confused though. Kaiser wanted to kill Sho-ho to drive Chun Woo over the edge... but then Erased Shi-ho from his memories?

  5. #50
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I think the brainwashing is working a bit like alcohol. When you drink, the alcohol removes your inhibitions so you do things that your rational mind wouldn't normally let you do. Similarly, the brainwashing is removing the memories of people/situations that would get in the way.

    I'm a little confused though. Kaiser wanted to kill Sho-ho to drive Chun Woo over the edge... but then Erased Shi-ho from his memories?
    While your first statement sounds good, the latter part about how Shiho was erased from his memories makes no sense, unless there's some even greater scheme here. Maybe it's to make him think that he's all alone in the world with only the Kaiser to look after him. We'll see...at some point.

  6. #51
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Well, what I ment in the 2nd part was, Kaiser created the situation where Shi-ho died to force Chun Woo over the deep end. Why then delete her from his mind? Wouldn't that undo what he tried to accomplish? That's why I was confused.


    As for the number of pills, they determined the approximate number of pills from the packaging used.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/the_breaker...es/c152/9.html

  7. #52
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Well, what I ment in the 2nd part was, Kaiser created the situation where Shi-ho died to force Chun Woo over the deep end. Why then delete her from his mind? Wouldn't that undo what he tried to accomplish? That's why I was confused.
    I knew what you meant. Still, the idea was to make Chun Woo go crazy at that moment, but Shioon forced him out of BOT, so there was nothing else to be gained.

  8. #53
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,939
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I knew what you meant. Still, the idea was to make Chun Woo go crazy at that moment, but Shioon forced him out of BOT, so there was nothing else to be gained.
    I kinda got the impression at the time that Kaiser was trying to turn Chun Woo into a crazy avenger permanently, not really just momentarily. I felt erasing his reason to be a crazy avenger was counter productive.

    Maybe he was TOO crazy, so they erased her to tone it down some?

  9. #54
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    I kinda got the impression at the time that Kaiser was trying to turn Chun Woo into a crazy avenger permanently, not really just momentarily. I felt erasing his reason to be a crazy avenger was counter productive.

    Maybe he was TOO crazy, so they erased her to tone it down some?
    Well, I think that the idea was to make him permanently crazy with BOT, but BOT doesn't work that way in the first place, so I don't think that the Kaiser's plan could've come off as it is.

  10. #55
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lasaro Ginjou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    guys i need confirmation here

    when the Head of the One Moon School said that Alien Doctor made 100,000 pieces of pills did he really said that Alien Doctor made 100,000 pcs? or the "materials" the Alien Doctor got is equals to 100,000 pieces if it were made to pills?

    if the first one is true then SUC got 100,000 Pcs of brain washing pills and can be used to make more brainwashed non murim people

    but if the 2nd one is the correct one then Alien Doctor didn't made 100,000 pcs of Brainwashing pills but he made some pills for the brainwashing of the police and the rest of it was made for GMR's brainwashing pills
    In Chapter 152 page 10 Sera explains that they have produced 2000 boxes with 56 pills per box which accounts to about 100,000 people taking one each. This is stated as approximate amount in the previous page. It could be more. And it is also possible that Kaiser has created his own facility her more is still being made.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Well, I think that the idea was to make him permanently crazy with BOT, but BOT doesn't work that way in the first place, so I don't think that the Kaiser's plan could've come off as it is.
    I believe that making Chun-Woo lose his most important people would make it easier for Kaiser to persuade him to take the Ma-Hwan Dan. Kaiser, by killing all of Chun-Woo's important people, leaves him with nothing but hatred. Then by brainwashing him he can make him keep his hatred while everything that holds him back from his memories is no longer there. After all Kaiser stated that Chun-Woo is the Demon King of Terror and as he was entering the Black Origin Threshold Kaiser states Let's savor it as it slowly unfolds which means that his plan is already in action.

  11. #56
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Breaker: New Waves 163 Discussions / 164 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    This was a pretty average chapter if you ask me.

    So, we finally got the confirmation that Chun Woo Han brainwashed. It was hinted here and there, but I'm still disappointed about this circumstance. It's hard to take seeing such a guy being fooled like that.

    The million dollar question is, how the hell does Kwon-Young plan to kill Shioon, who is surrounded by monsters? I hope his plan doesn't involve explosives. Don't want to see this series turned into a Michael Bay movie.

    Jae-Gal probably won't be pleased by So Jung Chan's actions. I think that So Jung Chan is walking on pretty thin ice here and underestimates Jae-Gal in every way possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being murdered by Jae-Gal.
    How else is he going to? Even if he(like everybody else) underestimates Shioon, he would at least be cautious about fighting him. Plus there is no way he would voluntarily tangle with Kwon. He doesn't seem to have much pride as a murim, so explosives it is. Assuming he even has any left.

    Jae Gal seems like he is just humoring a brat that he wants to puppet.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts