Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Power balance inconsistency

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power balance inconsistency

Being Hokage is not always about strength... it's about mentality and temperament.

If you want to go Fighting ability of Guy v Tsunade.... I'm in the Tsunade camp myself.... I believe in a draw out fight, Guy would not be able to do damage enough to outperform her regeneration ability... he would run out of Chakra before she does.... once he powers down, the fight is hers.

Remember each of the Hokage were fighting 5 Madara clones each having Rinnengan / EMS. Tsunade even cut in half was still able to function thanks to her regen.

Also it's not just a matter of being the strongest, you also have to get accepted in that silly meeting with the Feudal Lord

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Gai using 7 gates was enough to defeat Kisame who is one of the strongest ninja's in the series. And he spared his life. Gai is plenty strong, and I don't think there is a character outside of Madara he can't kill in this series when he decides to use 8 Gates.
    There are actually. Character's that render Physical skills useless.

Anyway, Gai was supremely impressive with his 8th gate power in his fight against Madara BUT Madara wasn't using the full extent of his strength so Gai came off as more impressive than he actually is.

What could he have do to stop Limbo the instant Madara activities it? Nothing! Gai would have been one-shotted, but Madara wanted to test Gai's full power, and he overdid testing Gai's full force.

Gai was impressive, stronger than the recent Gokage with his suicidal tech, but don't forget, he had help from Kakashi, Lee, Garra and Minato, and certainly don't forget that Madara wasn't pulling out his stocks while Gai was risking death going full power.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Gai using 7 gates was enough to defeat Kisame who is one of the strongest ninja's in the series. And he spared his life. Gai is plenty strong, and I don't think there is a character outside of Madara he can't kill in this series when he decides to use 8 Gates.
    I understand the guy praise to an extent. However, let's not forget why guy defeated Kisame. One of the last examples of the author establishing that it does not have to be better techniques that can seal victory, but a specific skill set against a specific opponent. That was the reason that guys victory was significant. While it is a testament to guys strength, if he has to kill himself to come on top of anyone within the series, I don't believe it's worth it.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Impossibility
    Although this thread asks members to consider power levels, this isn't, by any means, a battle thread. Any specific match-up you might want to discuss, in detail, should be addressed within the Konohagakure Arena.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Still, the Hokage is the strongest of Konoha at the time of his crowning.

Even if we have more than one person qualifying for the title, they will usually be around the same level which keeps them at the very top echerons of the Shinobi world.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the rampant power inflation of Part II, which has exploded several times over the course of the manga. I think the powerscaling would have remained conservative had Kishimoto opted to keep the Rikudou Sennin's power a myth. Even with Pein, the powerscaling was still conservative: Nagato's damage output is greater than Pein Rikudou's, but Nagato sacrificed Pein's magnificent defensive powers in exchange, and that's not factoring in Nagato's crippled state.

Things should have stopped with the Juubi. Since then we've gotten Tobi Rikudou, Madara Rikudou, and now Kaguya Rikudou. God forbid we get something beyond that. Again. Each character is supposed to be much stronger than the previous incarnation, but with each villain the author becomes more addicted to last-minute power-ups and asspulls, with decreasing usages of well-thought tactics and strategies that were more commonplace prior to the "Tobi = Madara = Akatsuki Mastermind" (lol) revelation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's lazy writting, but not inconsistent.

But I probably wasn't the only one bothered with Sakura's secret strength reveal. It has been necessary before, while everyone's life was at risk, which she could use instead of just sitting around.
    Last edited by Fox666; June 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    It's lazy writting, but not inconsistent.

But I probably wasn't the only one bothered with Sakura's secret strength reveal. It has been necessary before, while everyone's life was at risk, which she could use instead of just sitting around.
    I am thinking that Hashirama will end up teaching Sakura Sage Mode during a brief timeskip of a few weeks.

Don't think they can beat Kaguya just yet, Naruto and Sasuke are still short of Hagoromo and Hamura and they need to find the latter to learn the whole story on how to defeat her.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys but Sakura will never be relevant in this manga. Did you guys not see the way Sasuke made her stfu? It's like Kishi was expressing his views through Sasuke about how useless Sakura is, and she is to be honest. I always considered Tsunade as a better heroine than Sakura.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Sorry guys but Sakura will never be relevant in this manga. Did you guys not see the way Sasuke made her stfu? It's like Kishi was expressing his views through Sasuke about how useless Sakura is, and she is to be honest. I always considered Tsunade as a better heroine than Sakura.
    I am not saying that Sakura will be a major player but at least she has the right of surpassing her master and receive the same amount of power ups her peers received, even if her scale is much inferior than theirs.

So far in Kishimoto has been consistent:

First upgrade:
    Sasuke - Mangekyou Sharingan
    Naruto - Sage Mode
    Sakura - Yin Seal

Second upgrade:
    Sasuke - Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan
    Naruto - Bijuu Mode
    Sakura - Strenght of a Hundred Technique

Third upgrade:
    Sasuke - Rinnegan
    Naruto - Rikkudou Mode
    Sakura - Senju Sage Mode

Kishimoto hinted that Katsuyu has shown only 10% of her size so I am betting that Sakura will use Sage Mode to summon it whole at some point.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju Tobirama's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sakura get's a Sage Mode and more or less from Hashirama it will make me hate the manga and the anime this will be so stupid and I just can't understand it!!First we get Minato with Sage Mode oit nowhere for no reason and if Sakura gets it next like its something u pick on the road home well that will be rather dissapointing for me at least!!I am more agree if Tobirama had Sage Mode cuz he is a Senju with great chakra pool,stamina and strentgh and yet he doesnt have sadly for me T_T But Sakura to get Sage Mode oh please Do not do this Kishimoto I beg of you!!!!!
    "You dare make threats in front of me!?"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, Minatos sage mode wasnt out of the blue. It was pretty obvious to assume

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju Tobirama's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
    Nothing till the moment he used it suggested that he had it or even trained it!No one neither Jiraya or someone else even stated that Minato had big Chacra reserves(which are pretty decent but not so immense) to be able to train it!Nothing never have given a clue about him having Sage Mode the fact that he was Jiraya student doesnt hint it too,after all Naruto was Kakashi's student too but he never did use Chidori ot some of Kakashi's unique techniques!
    "You dare make threats in front of me!?"

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that's not true. There were even hints to the contrary at first. As I have discussed many times, him being the student of jiraiya does not mean that he automatically had sage mode. There was nothing, right up until the point he actually used it that suggested he had. One could assume he had it based primarily on the fact that he was student to jiraiya, but that's all that is, an assumption. His Sage mode was indeed out of the blue. And I honestly think that it's garbage if it does not end up amounting to anything.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It was not obvious as there was no mention of Minato being able to use Sage Mode, just Jiraiya. Fukasaku would have brought up Naruto's ability to enter Sage Mode quicker than his genius father and sustain it. Minato also seemed to lack enough chakra, or at least, it wasn't said he had the chakra needed to become a sage. Finally, not everyone who trains under their master adopts the same things. Kakashi isn't even related to anything froggy, his summoning pact is with the dogs.

In any case, the power balance is weird. Is Madara truly stronger than Hashirama, or would he not have done as well if it weren't for Hashirama not even being close to 100%? If Tobirama was able to kill Izuna or at least be matched with him when it has been said that Izuna was Madara's equal, then why can't Tobirama be able to match Madara in power as well or at least kill him?

23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast