Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Power balance inconsistency

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    Chakra definately wasn't a problem for the G&S Bros.

As for the Kinkaku force, it's really complicated tha such elite combat unit got dissolved with no explanation and none of it's members even came up in Edo Tensei.

The Seven Swordsman of the Mist decayed over several decades because of betrayals, the Puppet Brigade of the Sand decayed after losing their craft master Sasori yet they both still exist in some fashion and are on the way to restoration.

To think that the Kinkaku force would just vanish like that is a real downer. As of now they just sound like a plot excuse to have Tobirama die.

This is why it sounds inconsistent, because Tobirama was killed by a crew that disappeared from history and we later learned he had so much broken abilities that it would have taken incredibly famous and powerful Shinobi to have achieved such feat.

To be fair, it was a group that existed about half a century ago. We didn't get much about the disintegration of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist until recently, and they were an organization that were active relatively recently in comparison. If you think about it, we know next to nothing about the forces at that time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    To be fair, it was a group that existed about half a century ago. We didn't get much about the disintegration of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist until recently, and they were an organization that were active relatively recently in comparison. If you think about it, we know next to nothing about the forces at that time.
    Maybe it's Kishimoto's excessive focus on the SenjuXUchiha aspect of the manga but it feels like Madara and Hashirama were absurdly beyond everyone even during their own time.

If Tobirama had even a quarter of Hashirama's power he would still be above any living leaders of the other Shinobi countries of his time.

We urgently need a new databook because there are details which need to be adressed at a pace the manga can't bother to follow.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju Tobirama's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power balance inconsistency

Madara stated that in there life Tobriama was near equal to him in power and it was stated that Izuna was as powerfull as Madara well before EMS so it is not liike Hashirama and Madara were the only ones with a lot of power!
    "You dare make threats in front of me!?"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Senju Tobirama View Post
    Madara stated that in there life Tobriama was near equal to him in power and it was stated that Izuna was as powerfull as Madara well before EMS so it is not liike Hashirama and Madara were the only ones with a lot of power!
    Actually, no.

Madara stated that Tobirama was the fastest Shinobi of his time and stated there was a gap between him and the zombie Senju brothers now.

To be honest, powerwise I think that Madara and Hashirama were just above everyone. They were reincarnations of demi-gods and it's impossible for normal people to compete with that.

Tobirama and Izuna might have been skilled as Hashirama and Madara just like how Kabuto and Itachi were skilled as Naruto and Sasuke but when it comes down to pure power the transmigrants are clearly on a different level than their normal counterparts.

Even then so, I think it's very underwhelming that the 20 people who took down a beast like Tobirama received just a single mention in the entire manga.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju Tobirama's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well...

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    Actually, no.

Madara stated that Tobirama was the fastest Shinobi of his time and stated there was a gap between him and the zombie Senju brothers now.

To be honest, powerwise I think that Madara and Hashirama were just above everyone. They were reincarnations of demi-gods and it's impossible for normal people to compete with that.

Tobirama and Izuna might have been skilled as Hashirama and Madara just like how Kabuto and Itachi were skilled as Naruto and Sasuke but when it comes down to pure power the transmigrants are clearly on a different level than their normal counterparts.

Even then so, I think it's very underwhelming that the 20 people who took down a beast like Tobirama received just a single mention in the entire manga.
    A gap that wasn't there or so big at the time of there life!As for those 20 I agree with you I certainly wanted to see more of them or may be even the fight itself but I fear that at this point in the manga we would never know neither them nor the fight even less how hashirama died or his fight with Kakuzo...man I thought he was so powerful but now comapred to Tobirama he is like nothing not to mention to Hashirama I just wonder what could have he possibe do to him!
    "You dare make threats in front of me!?"

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power balance inconsistency

What if the force was comprised of individual shinobi that were not good or even close to Tobirama's power, but together they had the power to take out Tobirama? Teamwork could be teh reason they were able to take out Tobirama while individually, they may not have been noteworthy. Could be why they were rarely mentioned, especially when it took twenty shinobi to take out one.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6