Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply

Thread: A Theory on the Abilities of a Rinnegan

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nasuke's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

A Theory on the Abilities of a Rinnegan

I would like to begin this by reviewing some basic facts of the sharingan.

The basic ability of the sharingan is to see chakra and copy other techniques.

When the sharingan evolves into the Mangekyou Sharingan, the user gains some abilities. The design of the sharingan differs from person to person, and the abilities also differ based on the user's imagination and needs. The only common elements to these sharingans:
    1. The user can tame the tailed beasts
    2. The eyes lose their light from continual use.

The mangekyou sharingan also possesses the ability to store techniques such as Amaterasu, Izanagi and Izanami (as we have seen with Sasuke, Madara and Itachi's ET).

Should the conditions be met to evolve the eye to a Rinnegan, I believe that the user gains a certain number of abilities, depending on his needs, training and imagination, to store in the Rinnegan for his use. This means that each set of Rinnegan would have its own set of abilities. The common elements to all Rinnegan:
    1. The ability to summon and control the Gedo Mazou.

Madara, who gained the Rinnegan from grafting Hashirama's cells onto him, gained the ability to summon the Mazou, along with the ability to in my opinion, use his imagination to store certain abilities in his eyes, as long as a strict condition is set to use them. This seems like a logical extension to the basic abilities of the sharingan and MS. I believe that if the user sets all the abilities he desires, then the Rinnegan changes from Sasuke's shape to its final shape that we see in Madara.

We can see this happening with Sasuke, who has now based on his current needs, developed the ability to shift from one area to another. As time passes on, I believe he will gain some different abilities until his Rinnegan reaches its completion form. What do you guys think?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Theory on the Abilities of a Rinnegan

A correction: it doesn't require the Mangekyou Sharingan to control the Kyuubi or use Izanami and Izanagi.

Sharingan:
    - It's necessary to undergo great mental stress to be actived;
    - Drains a large amount of Chakra;
    - One tomoe: can see Chakra and high-speed movements;
    - Two tomoes: can copy movements and see through Genjutsus;
    - Three tomoes: can predict movements and cast a powerfull Genjutsu from mere eye contact;
    - Can use Izanagi or Izanami at cost of one of the eyes;

Mangekyou Sharingan:
    - It's necessary to kill a loved one to be actived;
    - Drains more Chakra than a regular Sharingan;
    - The user slowly looses the eyesight;
    - Can use¹ unique powerfull techniques (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Kamui, Kotoamatsukami);
    - Can use Susano'o with the Mangekyou Sharingan in both eyes;

Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan:
    - It's necessary to transplant² the eyes of a close relative;
    - Inherit the Mangekyou Sharingan techniques of the relative;
    - The eyesight of the user is no longer affected;
    - Can use Perfect Susano'o³.

Rinnegan
    - It requires DNA from the Senju⁴ to be actived;
    - Drains more Chakra than even the Mangekyou Sharingan;
    - Can see Chakra;
    - Can use the six forms of Chakra;
    - Can instantly master all Jutsus;
    - Summon the Gedo Mazou

Shinju/Kaguya's eye
    - This is the eye Kaguya gained after eating the Chakra fruit, and Madara also gained it after becoming the Shinju's host;
    - It has all of the Sharingan and Rinnegan powers;
    - It can cast the Infinite Tsukuyomi;

Sasuke's eye
    - Little is know about it so far, but it appears to be a combination of Sharingan and Rinnegan;
    - It's immune to some techniques of another Rinnegan⁶;

¹ It seems that some techniques are innates, such as Obito using the Kamui. However it may be possible that they can be learned, as Madara was said to have mastered all of the Mangekyou Sharingan techniques.
    ² It's unclear how exactly the surgery is performed, but it doesn't seems to be a mere transplant since Izuna couldn't use Madara's eyes. Judging from the appearance, the surgery may be a superimposition of the corneas.
    ³ It's not clear whether this is a technique unique to the Eternal Mangekyou or a Mangekyou user never got (or could possible have) the chance to use;
    ⁴ According to some theories, Hashirama's power originated from the Shinju.
    ⁵ Sakura instantly recognized Sasuke's eye as a Rinnegan, while this seems to be not the case for the Juubi's eye. This may be because Sasuke's eye is purple (speculation), while the Juubi's eye is red.
    ⁶ It probably applies to all Rinnegan eyes.
    Last edited by Fox666; June 22, 2014 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nasuke's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all I have never said that the MS is needed to use Izanagi/Izanami, but you do need the MS to control the Kyuubi that much is certain. All people who have manipulated the Kyuubi thus far had the MS without any exceptions. If they did not the MS, then the Uchiha would have participated in saving Konoha during the Kyuubi incident and stopping him, further supporting my point.

The theory I am suggesting is that I believe that with each evolution the user gets a certain number of determined abilities and the chance to set certain abilities in the eye, depending on their imagination. Susanoo might be considered a set ability as long as the user has both eyes in place. If all the abilities of the Rinnegan were unique to all Rinnegans, then Sasuke should have demonstrated at least some of the Pain jutsus which we have not seen yet.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been said that there was something special about Madara being able to control the Kyuubi.

Madara briefly mentioned teaching Obito some "Rikudo techniques", so he could pass them to Nagato. So I think that techniques like Chibaku Tensei are nothing but Jutsus that are very hard to learn and require multiple types of Chakra. So it should be possible for Sasuke to use these techniques, if he gets to know them. I dunno about techniques like Limbo or Sasuke's teleportation.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bradhimself's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Mangekyou Sharingan:
    - It's necessary to kill a loved one to be actived;
    - Drains more Chakra than a regular Sharingan;
    - The user slowly looses the eyesight;
    - Can use¹ unique powerfull techniques (Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Kamui, Kotoamatsukami);
    - Can use Susano'o with the Mangekyou Sharingan in both eyes;
    Kill a loved one, Nah! Just experience a great loss of a loved one.

Obito didn't kill anyone, Granted Kakashi did but if it were necessary to kill a loved one then Kakashi would have MS an Obito would not.

True story!
    You can't end a good party without someone on the floor.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but Obito had seen it through Kakashi's eye.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Perfect Susanoo doesn't require EMS because Indra could use it despite having no relative to change eyes with.

I belive that the problem is the massive drain of chakra which leaves most people blind before they get a chance to reach that level of Susanoo.

Indra could do it because his chakra was said to be nearly half that of his father whereas most of his reincarnations only inherited a portion of his full power.

I believe that Obito will end up manifesting perfect Susanoo because his Hashirama cells increase his chakra tremendously and allow him enhanced healing.

Other than that there is still another requirement to get the Rinnegan which is to have the chakra of both Indra and Ashura in a single body.

Only when one of the transmigrants implants the other's genetic material in his body does the Sharingan mutates back into the Rinnegan.

Other than that it would take the marriage between a man with Indra's/Ashura's chakra and a woman with Ashura's/Indra's chakra.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one note, it has been recently revealed that the white Zetsu (which makes up part of Obito's body) have not been created from Hashirama's cells.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Only one note, it has been recently revealed that the white Zetsu (which makes up part of Obito's body) have not been created from Hashirama's cells.
    Technically their bodies are made of Hashirama's genetic material but their souls came from the Mazou.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member katon_style's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinnegan can be activated only by an Indra trasmigrant mixing up his DNA with Ashura transmigrant.Hagoromo and Black Zetsu explained it clearly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuke View Post
    Madara, who gained the Rinnegan from grafting Hashirama's cells onto him, gained the ability to summon the Mazou, along with the ability to in my opinion, use his imagination to store certain abilities in his eyes, as long as a strict condition is set to use them. This seems like a logical extension to the basic abilities of the sharingan and MS. I believe that if the user sets all the abilities he desires, then the Rinnegan changes from Sasuke's shape to its final shape that we see in Madara.
    Itachi could (and was the first to) 'program' an eye to use a jutsu, so we can assume that it's either a) mangekyou-dependent and/or b) a sealing jutsu of some sort. Madara programmed his eye before his death, so it's apparent that he didn't need nor have rinnegan/Ashura(Hashi) chakra at the time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sasukes Shar-Rinnegan is kind of a hybrid of the two. Like his Rinnegan is the same as Kagyuas forehead eye. I mean we have color proof aswell! Such as how his eye is red as well as Kagyuas eye

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am unsure of whether sasuke is using the full power of his eye just yet. Isn't it weird that he can only use one? I think sasuke is having a bit of trouble controlling his eye considering the rinnengan takes up a lot of power. Even indra had both eyes as far as we know and sasuke is supposed to have inherited his power.

New Reply