Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Suspicious!!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Suspicious!!!

Suspicious Point #1

Ok, I finally got around to investigating a story point that caught my attention recently.

Spoiler show

Why build a ship that looks like that? Why not just use other deep sea ships that they have plenty of? I think there is a very good reason for using a design that looks something like that. They are on a world much larger than ours, so when they get farther away from the Earth-like continents, they will get some very un-Earth-like weather. They will probably pass through bands of differing weather, North and South of the relatively calm belt that they live in. The best way to visualize it is to check out Jupiter's belts.

We actually have the Jetstream here on our Earth, which separates weather north and south of it into different climates. It's a little messed up right now because of climate change but generally it runs east-west.

Now, the wind speeds shouldn't be as high as Jupiter's since Jupiter rotates once every 10 hours or so, (not to mention it's mostly Hydrogen instead of air) but they will end up being higher than our Earth's wind speed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Whale ship closes up on top, or maybe even can submerge. It kinda looks that way to me.

I think the travelers can expect a rough voyage.

Suspicious Point #2

I think the design has been used before and passed down!
    Spoiler: check this out show

That's Whale Island!
    I always thought it was just a strangely formed volcanic island... But maybe not!
    It should be way bigger than the Whale Ship as it has complete ecosystems including large predators. You also can't see the town or houses easily (or even at all in any of it's pictures), so they have to be relatively insignificant in size.

I wonder if it was created to look like an ancient Whale Ship or if it actually was an ancient whale ship. If so, is there is anything inside the island?

I wonder if the Whale Ship design rings any bells with Gon or Ging?? In terms of the outline, they are almost identical. The new ship seems to be missing a tail. Doesn't bode well for maneuverability.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suspicious!!!

I think you are thinking a tad too deeply. I think Togashi was just having fun with the design of the ship.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The trip will be rough for sure. True that the design could be in their world, Don or whatever could have let the plans in a place somewhere.

Hoicoro affirmed that he will be able to create more soon and it is indeed the first ship of this genre, a new invention.

Considering that Whale Island is the hometown of Gon and his family it is possible. We need to now how long their family lived here though, at least Ging's father lived here.

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    I think you are thinking a tad too deeply. I think Togashi was just having fun with the design of the ship.
    Really it's not that complicated, it's just that his explanation is long .
    Last edited by Demonspeed; June 22, 2014 at 04:44 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the only real reason for the ship to be built like that is that they meant it to kinda blend in with other huge whales. Maybe that particular type of whale is thought to be an apex predator in the oceans beyond so the design is meant to scare off other animals. Or maybe my theory that togashi is trolling is true and he is just screwing with us.

New Reply