Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Law's Crew: Really waiting at Zo?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law's Crew: Really waiting at Zo?

A co-worker and I have had this debate for a while now and I am curious if anyone else is starting to get this vibe as well. Is Law's crew really waiting for him at Zo or did something happen to them? I find it hard to believe that Law has made no contact with his crew and that they haven't been seen after all this time. Especially since Law was willing to put his life on the line when it came to Doflamingo. Wouldn't you want your crew there if you were going all out? I know when Luffy puts it all on the line even if it's just viewing the battle from a distance his crew is there supporting him in someway. Not to mention the fact that no one has asked or even mentioned Law's crew or the lack of said crew when it came to the marines or others.

I personally think either they have been captured or dead and Law is just using Zo as a cover not wanting the straw hats to know the truth. My co-worker feel if they aren't on Zo it's by Law's own hand and that part of his collection of hearts Law handed to the world government for his title was his own crews.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Law's Crew: Really waiting at Zo?

it crossed my mind too maybe law is bluffing but then i remembered his crew members ablities and fight potential and gave up the idea, i think it's true they are waiting at zo he didn't bring them to dressrossa caus obviously they'll be eaten alive on day one with all those bosses hovering arround we're talking doflamingo and his crew,cp0, marine admirals,big mom crew etc what would the panda or the giant dude do facing that

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Law doesn't know about big mom. Only the straw hats were involved in that discussion and as far as I'm aware Law was never told. As for strong crew we only saw Bepo and Jean Bart fight so I'm not sure about the rest of them.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they did manage to come all the way to the Grand Line and even the New World. I can't imagine this being possible with only three (relatively) strong Crew Members.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Winlyx-chan View Post
    Law doesn't know about big mom. Only the straw hats were involved in that discussion and as far as I'm aware Law was never told. As for strong crew we only saw Bepo and Jean Bart fight so I'm not sure about the rest of them.
    agree still law knows doflamingo crew's strength and espacially the special powers of violet, if he brought them they'll be ambushed just like the mugiwara and unlike zoro ,sanji, luffy, kinemon his ppl won't stand a chance since there was pika, prevol, Diamante and Corazonin the picture.
    look even luffy crew's some of them were sent away caus they wouldn't be able to deal it aka ,chopper,brook and that kid.

about passing to the new world if we ignore the cracken and hody's ark there wasn't much trouble on the road so it wouldn't matter if the crew was strong or not it's clear road

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Law allowed to maintain his crew, after being given the title as Shichibukai?. I might have missed that explanation in earlier chapters, but I'd appreciate an update from anyone who knows or not.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Law can maintain his crew, like Doflamingo is allowed and Crocodile and Moria. They HAVE to be his nakama working under him though, unlike the Straw hats who were an "alliance" which is why Law's title was revoked.

I too have had this grim feeling that his crew might be dead... Because it seems like Law is almost throwing himself away trying to find a way to take Doflamingo down like he's got nothing left to loose anymore.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    Law can maintain his crew, like Doflamingo is allowed and Crocodile and Moria. They HAVE to be his nakama working under him though, unlike the Straw hats who were an "alliance" which is why Law's title was revoked.

I too have had this grim feeling that his crew might be dead... Because it seems like Law is almost throwing himself away trying to find a way to take Doflamingo down like he's got nothing left to loose anymore.
    i noticed that too maybe at a certain point he gave up the idea of getting alive since his original plan failed and instead of making damage remotly he found himself on a 2vs1 in which he can't beat any of them so as a last resort he went on reckless mode as in do as much damage while you can
    damn it gives you an idea of how much law hate doflamingo

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about this a lot during christmas vacation, when all the mangas were on hiatus and I was bored. XD

It's true, Law said that his crew/friends ("nakama") were at Zou. You gotta be careful with stuff he says, 'cause though he usually doesn't lie, he loves omitting important information (like making an alliance with Luffy to fight Kaidou, not mentioning that they will be fighting against Doflamingo first). He said neither that they were waiting for him, nor how long they've been there or what the hell they have been doing while he was on Punk Hazard (for several months, it seems). That's odd, alright!
    As for the reason they aren't with him though, I think it is pretty obvious.
    Doflamingo is mad and sadistic, so he would slaughter them all if he got them, I think. Law may be willing to give his own life to defeat him, but why would he sacrifice his crew?
    In the end I concluded that he probably dropped them off at Zou, knowing that they would be safe there even if he doesn't return.

About their strength... I don't think they looked very powerful. >__>
    When I looked at them I got the feeling they might as well be marine soldiers, but that may just be me. xD *didn't get a very piratey feeling from them*
    The bear seems to be a capable fighter, yet how strong he is in comparison to others is anyone's guess. When you wonder how they've made it that far, keep in mind that their ship is a submarine. Even if you're a mighty pirate or a marine admiral, you'll have a hard time chasing a submarine. (I've been thinking that one of the reasons he's using a submarine might be so that he could avoid Doflamingo up until now. XD)

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

well yea that's what we've saying all along
    actually now i'm wondering what's up with zo, why is it important and even more what's the connection between kinemon and kaido caus in the manga he basically freaked out when he heared his name from law

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If a Vivre Card is pointing at Zou, someone is definitely alive and waiting there.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    well yea that's what we've saying all along
    Sorry about being redundant, just wanted to write my thoughts on the subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    actually now i'm wondering what's up with zo, why is it important and even more what's the connection between kinemon and kaido caus in the manga he basically freaked out when he heared his name from law
    Hrr hrr, actually I've made a bet with a friend about that and I'm curious how it's gonna turn out. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    If a Vivre Card is pointing at Zou, someone is definitely alive and waiting there.
    Could just be someone who's living at Zou and never leaves... *thinks it would be kinda funny to say to someone: "I'm taking your vivre card to navigate back here, so don't you dare go to another island!"*

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    I thought about this a lot during christmas vacation, when all the mangas were on hiatus and I was bored. XD

It's true, Law said that his crew/friends ("nakama") were at Zou. You gotta be careful with stuff he says, 'cause though he usually doesn't lie, he loves omitting important information (like making an alliance with Luffy to fight Kaidou, not mentioning that they will be fighting against Doflamingo first). He said neither that they were waiting for him, nor how long they've been there or what the hell they have been doing while he was on Punk Hazard (for several months, it seems). That's odd, alright!
    As for the reason they aren't with him though, I think it is pretty obvious.
    Doflamingo is mad and sadistic, so he would slaughter them all if he got them, I think. Law may be willing to give his own life to defeat him, but why would he sacrifice his crew?
    In the end I concluded that he probably dropped them off at Zou, knowing that they would be safe there even if he doesn't return.

About their strength... I don't think they looked very powerful. >__>
    When I looked at them I got the feeling they might as well be marine soldiers, but that may just be me. xD *didn't get a very piratey feeling from them*
    The bear seems to be a capable fighter, yet how strong he is in comparison to others is anyone's guess. When you wonder how they've made it that far, keep in mind that their ship is a submarine. Even if you're a mighty pirate or a marine admiral, you'll have a hard time chasing a submarine. (I've been thinking that one of the reasons he's using a submarine might be so that he could avoid Doflamingo up until now. XD)
    I've been thinking the same thing. We never saw anyone else fight except Bepo and Jean Bart (former captain). His crew for the most part is no name medics (helped him work on Jimbe and Luffy). The fact that Law has a former captain on his crew also makes me think he set up this elaborate plan from the get go and wanted someone else able to lead his crew when he no longer could.
    Eight Down Two To Go

New Reply