Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Which G10 match was your favourite?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ochi/Mouri vs Atobe/Niou

9 37.50%
  • Watanabe vs Ishida

1 4.17%
  • Kimijima/Tohno vs Kite/Marui

4 16.67%
  • Oni vs Tooyama

1 4.17%
  • Tanegashima/Ohmagari vs Akutsu/Sanada

2 8.33%
  • Byoudouin vs Tokugawa

7 29.17%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 126 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 127 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 128 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 129 Chinese Scan

Spoiler: Summaries show

So since the G10 arc has ended, I've added a poll for a change. Please vote for your favourite match of this past arc.

Also, at our Guests, even if you're too shy to post, I'm still interested in your opinion as well, so please use this Form to vote instead (Results).
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 01, 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

Fuji's not the only irrelevant one these days. Basically ones that aren't in the 1st string are too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner danieltian's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

The date between Ryoma and Sakuno was cute. Thanks to Sakuno, Ryoma got his determination back.

Since Ryoma has US citizenship, it makes sense that now being kicked out of the Japan U17 camp, his only option is to join the US U17 team and gets his revenge on Byoudouin there. If that happens, maybe we will see other filler characters from the anime like Kevin Smith as well?

PS: The way Shuuji shiet on lightning when Tezuka had no chance of returning it in the National final is really cool. So I'd vote for the Tanegashima/Ohmagari vs Akutsu/Sanada match as my favorite.
    Last edited by danieltian; July 01, 2014 at 11:45 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Friss View Post
    Its also interesting that Ryoga (at least according to the summary) says they could join the team by showing up.
    To be honest, I wonder if Ryoga has been a member of the US team all along (maybe even their No. 1) and just ditched them after getting wind of Ryoma entering the Japanese camp. If that was the case, it'd naturally be easy for them to join again.

Alternatively they'll probably just beat some of the USA's top players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    What is the likelihood that Fuji and Tezuka will have a rematch if Japan and Germany play against each other?
    Like others have said, I'd also think it's very unlikely. Even if they were to play again, unless Fuji unlocks TnK as well, he won't be able to match up to Tezuka at all. Not to mention that if Fuji makes the 1st String, it'll probably be as part of the bottom half whereas Tezuka would likely be Germany's No. 1 or No. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Ryoma still wants to play Tezuka? I don't remember that.
    I think this idea mostly stemmed from Tezuka being the only one Ryoma hasn't defeated in PoT? Although technically that might not be true - I can't confirm this myself, but apparently at the end of the final PoT volume, it says that they played again on the court under the bridge, doesn't say who won though.

Of course now you'd have to add Tokugawa to this list too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Still wondering who will replace 13 and 15 though. And maybe 4.
    And 11 if Yukimura leaves. And maybe 14 depending on whether or not Kintarou still has it. And 20 if Irie gives it up to join the top half (in this context, it's kind of interesting that Irie has continued wearing the 2nd String uniform even after beating Akiba). But seriously, I do wonder if Kawamura and Oishi even keep their spots now that their partners are out.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltian View Post
    If that happens, maybe we will see other filler characters from the anime like Kevin Smith as well?
    I'd be okay with him (if Konomi turned him into a HSer), but I really don't want the others back, they were all pretty boring from what I remember. Alternatively Smith could just become the American Sasabe, i.e. that one guy that gets beaten up every so often.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Airgrimes & I discussed Kintaro and both agreed that he sacrificed his badge to challenge Oni but lost. So we both agreed he was demoted back to 2nd court. I'm sure everyone is predicting Sanada to take Yukimura's badge if he were to leave.

Oishi? He's nothing without Kikumaru. If he were picked for a singles match, he'd more or less lose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I hope Team Usa pwns Japan hardly and Ryoma kicks Byodouin's ass. But, it makes me feel rather sad to see the MSers lose, however, I hope that match is in the Semifinals of the WC (and the final against Germany with Ryoma vs Tezuka).

Tbh, USA pwns Japan except a few players (Oni, Byodouin, Duke and Tanegashima if he goes overseas). Realistically, Japan has no chance against USA, and if Ryoga and Ryoma become the No.1 and 2 of USA, the other players should be strong enough to take out players like Duke, Ohmagari, Kimijima...

I feel Konomi has rushed this a lot like the U-17 Camp. Heck, he could have even made WC preliminaries (like other mangas like Captain tsubasa where they battle to become the best of Asia and then the world), so the MSers could improve more, make it into the first string and get used to the overseas level more easily. Nevertheless, I think that the MSers who lost (Tooyama, Sanada, Marui/Kite...) will have another chance to grab a spot and they'll win. Realistically they don't stand a chance now against the top, but seeing how they improve, they'll make it soon I hope.

Seeing these pictures makes me think that Ryoma will be playing for Japan in the end:
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/59

You can also see Fuji, Shiraishi, Sanada... (does this confirm that they'll be part of the G10?)
    Last edited by LetalHawk; July 02, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Seeing these pictures makes me think that Ryoma will be playing for Japan in the end:
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/59

You can also see Fuji, Shiraishi, Sanada... (does this confirm that they'll be part of the G10?)
    No, these covers don't mean anything, or at least there's nothing suggesting they do.

Also, just because we now know that there's gonna be a WC doesn't mean there won't be anything happening between now and then I think. That said I don't expect many MSers to join the G10 in the meantime. Sanada and Tooyama seem like they have a decent shot at it, but not expecting anyone else really.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

In the nationals and in real-life, Japan has been mentioned to have underdeveloped tennis. Maybe except G10. So Japan losing to US? Probable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    No, these covers don't mean anything, or at least there's nothing suggesting they do.

Also, just because we now know that there's gonna be a WC doesn't mean there won't be anything happening between now and then I think. That said I don't expect many MSers to join the G10 in the meantime. Sanada and Tooyama seem like they have a decent shot at it, but not expecting anyone else really.
    I expect Sanada and Tooyama. Atobe maybe will get a higher spot. Yukimura will play for USA most likely and we can get a rematch between them (with Yukimura fully recovered, and Sanada having mastered the triple clutch). Fuji vs Tezuka is also a given if Japan faces Germany (or not because Tezuka will be between the top players and Fuji would need crazy upgrades to get into the top 5 of the G10).

What I don't want is that the G10 stays like this and this is the team that will play in the WC (we still have to see how the top MSers improve more: Sanada with his triple clutch, Tooyama wants to beat Oni...) I think more things will happen until the WC starts. Byodouin will stay as the No.1 if Ryoma wants to beat him and Tokugawa won't play for a long time if he has to fully recover.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    In the nationals and in real-life, Japan has been mentioned to have underdeveloped tennis. Maybe except G10. So Japan losing to US? Probable.
    I don't know about this. Consider that Oni and Byoudouin probably were never overseas at the same time, Irie was never part of the team and Tanegashima doesn't travel, the rest of the world probably doesn't know about Japan's real strength. I fully expect all of them to appear in this WC, they'll either drag Tanegashima along or the WC will be held in Japan meaning he won't have to travel. Having those four as cornerstones of the team should make them much more threatening than just Byoudouin alone.

The USA will still win if Ryoma and Ryoga end up playing for them of course, but I don't think it'll be a walk in the park.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true but then again the 1st stringers have lost many players, Yukimura is predicted to leave, and some players don't really deserve their spots *cough Kenya cough*. And the ones that do deserve them, aren't even in the 1st string. If that adds up, only No. 1-5 + Irie are the biggest threats.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think Ryoma would accept Ryoga's invitation to join the US U17 team?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danieltian View Post
    Do you guys think Ryoma would accept Ryoga's invitation to join the US U17 team?
    Well, he doesn't have much of a choice, does he? He got kicked out of the Japanese camp, so if he wants to play internationally, it'll have to be for another nation and for Ryoma, the US seems like the most probable choice.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Well, he doesn't have much of a choice, does he? He got kicked out of the Japanese camp, so if he wants to play internationally, it'll have to be for another nation and for Ryoma, the US seems like the most probable choice.
    At first I thought that would be the most probable option for Ryoma too. But wouldn't it be weird for both Ryoma and Ryoga to represent the US team and defeat the Japanese team in a Japanese manga? Also in chapter 128, Sakuno says that she hopes Ryoma can be chosen as a Japanese U17 representative. From Ryoma's reaction, I think he does want to be a Japanese representative?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Konomi's nationalism is that strong as to make that result so far fetched haha. Also if the US team wins the stars would probably be Ryouga and Ryoma anyway.

Spoiler show
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that nor USA, nor Japan, nor Germany will be shown as the strongest team. I think eventually stronger team has to appear: either Serbia or Spain in my opinion. There has to be another player who is far stronger than characters like Byoudouin, Ryoga, Tezuka, Yukimura and Oni. Far stronger...

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast