Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which G10 match was your favourite?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ochi/Mouri vs Atobe/Niou

8 40.00%
  • Watanabe vs Ishida

1 5.00%
  • Kimijima/Tohno vs Kite/Marui

2 10.00%
  • Oni vs Tooyama

1 5.00%
  • Tanegashima/Ohmagari vs Akutsu/Sanada

2 10.00%
  • Byoudouin vs Tokugawa

6 30.00%
New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 126 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 127 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 128 Chinese Scan
    Chapter 129 Chinese Scan

Spoiler: Summaries show

So since the G10 arc has ended, I've added a poll for a change. Please vote for your favourite match of this past arc.

Also, at our Guests, even if you're too shy to post, I'm still interested in your opinion as well, so please use this Form to vote instead (Results).
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 01, 2014 at 01:50 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 126, 127, 128 and 129 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    He's gonna show up, no doubt. I just wouldn't expect any playtime. I'm almost confident Kintaro's gonna take his spot.
    I dunno, unless he gets injured or something Oni not playing would just be weird. I don't see why it's gotta be either him or Kintarou either, I think they should both be able to secure a spot on the team for themselves. I'm thinking something like this would be a possibility:

S1: Byoudouin
    S2: Oni
    D1: Tanegashima/Irie
    S3: Watanabe
    D2: Kaji/Kimijima
    S4: Tooyama
    D3: Atobe/Sanada

Kintarou can also play vs Smith or some other American super rookie if one appears.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

USA are gonna be the No.1 aren't they even if they ain't.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Kaoz: LOL You added Kaji. His fanbook said he's essentially retired. Tanegashima/Irie would be an interesting pair. I don't think they've actually interacted much though.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    @ Kaoz: LOL You added Kaji. His fanbook said he's essentially retired.
    I'm aware of that. But in the interview Konomi also didn't want to say anything about his playstyle and why wouldn't he if there was no chance for him to appear again? Basically, it makes me suspicious. Replace him with Ochi though if you want.

EDIT: Might as well ask at this point: Who does everyone else think will be part of Japan's top 10 in the WC?
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 03, 2014 at 11:45 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, it looked like Konomi only introduced Kaji to make Oni look beast.

To answer your question, I don't think Kintaro is good enough for the G10, so I wouldn't include him. I would include Ochi (Mental Pressure), Atobe (most developed character), Niou (best doubles partner you can have when at full health), Byodoin, Oni, Irie, Tanegashima, Tokugawa (when he recovers), Duke, and Omagari (because of his Nitoryu).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i remember early scanlations of the manga showed kaji asa 2nd or 3rd year junior high.

i was like WTF jr high in U-17 Genius 10? that would have been EPIC skills.

then someone told me it was wrong . and i LOL'd ( i recall, other HSers saying how can a JR high get in the camp, meaning kaji couldn't be)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    EDIT: Might as well ask at this point: Who does everyone else think will be part of Japan's top 10 in the WC?
    Whoever ranks the top 10 in the fan polls when the time comes.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

S1: The Pirate.
    S2: Tanegashima (Really wanna see Shuuji in singles ;; )
    D1: Newly Revived Nio posing as Echizen/Akutsu
    S3: Sanada
    D2: Duke/Kimijima (just because there needs to be a pair that makes no sense)
    S4: Kin Chan or Oni
    D3: Atobe/Irie

Fuji as an alternate.
    Last edited by Atobe the king; July 04, 2014 at 02:42 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like some one else mentioned earlier in this thread about another sports manga that had players leaving Japan to be in other teams I see that potentially happening with the U-17 World Cup arc as well. I think that would be pretty sweet to have old players resurface on new teams with new skill sets. That would be an interesting mechanic,not only a new team to face but potential old foes. Like kintaro joining team china or something just to play ryoma in an official match. Tezuka playing for team Germany has already been suggested. I also wouldn't be surprised if certain characters followed ryoma to be on team USA as well like momo and kaidoh. The whole situation of not having citizen ship is true but you have to remember this is a cartoon, they hit the ball with magic, they don't have to make sense when it comes to certain players changing teams lol. Hell they probably won't even explain how they did it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokugawa can join whatever nation he was at before he came back to Japan.

Keep in mind Krauser was on the U17 camp and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have Japanese citzenship at all.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ France I think.

Good 2nd point.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so do you guys think that konomi will focus the story on echizen Bros only or will he do both E bros and the U-17 .

if E Bros, join american team; konomi may have to create new chars and new skills on the american team.

Eventually team E bros are going to meet the japanese U-17, and then ryoma probably gonna defeat mr pirate.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

When the time comes for Ryoma to verse Byodoin, it'll be Yukimura vs Ryoma 2.0. When he's losing, he'll activate PoP and pull through. That's how the character is, when he's struggling, he'll pull through with some miraculous technique.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Konomi is yet to on-screen an official match between the exact same opponents. He never has and I doubt he ever will. That'd just be horrible.
    Yukimura VS Ryoma will probably never happen. He might do something annoying like Yukimura VS Sanada 2.0 though, with Sanada somehow winning and having Konomi completely undermine the character he created in Yukimura.
    Or he'll have Tezuka off-screen Yuki before Ryoma VS Tezuka.

I'm extremely baffled in terms of final boss of the series now though. It could EASILY be either Tezuka/Byoudouin/Ryoga.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter who the final boss is, I really want Ryoma to lose at least one official match, Maybe he'll finally understand what it feels like. I mean Tezuka lost 2 official matches, Fuji lost to Shiraishi, Momo lost a few, The Golden Pair have. If Ryoma lost his first official match, maybe I'd tolerate him more.

New Reply
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast