Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Do you think Mouri is the worst?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Mouri is the worst?

Ok so based on my Thread title it might be seen as char bashing.

I know he lost, but I was wondering, does anything wonder how he got in the G-10?

I dont remember any good special techniques, back in his MS days he would miss out on practice without explanation. He sounds undisciplined.

I wish we could have seen Kaji in action. Mouri is just a doubles support.
    Konomi should at least hype mouri up a bit before the match.

I admit swinging the ball by self dislocation is gutsy, but not enough to be in G10.

Glad he lost.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner danieltian's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you think Mouri is the worst?

He wiped Kenya 6-0 in singles 3 in the nationals semifinals one year before the storyline. He also defeated Hara Tetsuya in their first years according to the anime (not sure if it's canon though). Mouri is definitely not the best or even considered a good singles player by G10 standards but with his stats totaling to 24 he definitely cuts it for a doubles player in the bottom of G10. Taken from the wikia page, "he's a jack of all trades, master of none."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mori isn't a bad tennis player. He can pwn players without any need for flashy moves (unlike the forgotten Fuji). Kenya on the other hand is not the same. He does not have flashy moves other than his super speed. Mori's more a supporter when it comes to doubles rather than the leader of the doubles.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely, like the Fanbook states, Mouri has a lot of potential and is only in his first year of HS. He'll get better as he gets older, however, he's the weakest of the G10. Just look at the Atobe/Niou match, he did nothing but return the ZSServe and dislocate his shoulder to avoid Ak (the first one was amazing at first, but the second one is just complete foolishness).

But yeah, like ChinkyCandie said, he's more of a supporter instead of a leader. If he had special techniques, he'd be more of a threat than he is right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Being in the G10 while being only a 1st year is an extremely impressive feat.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He seems like a solid player but since he can't shoot lasers from his eyes or smash walls he's kind of screwed in the world of NPOT.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    He seems like a solid player but since he can't shoot lasers from his eyes or smash walls he's kind of screwed in the world of NPOT.
    In the fanbook it's said that the coaches want him to develop some kind of finishing move, so I guess he's working on that.

Also, no, he's not the worst. He prolly can beat anyone in 11-20 having better stats than them (except maybe Date, he kicks ass) and is the only 1st year HSer in the entire first string, those are pretty good feats.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Also, no, he's not the worst. He prolly can beat anyone in 11-20 having better stats than them (except maybe Date, he kicks ass) and is the only 1st year HSer in the entire first string, those are pretty good feats.
    Actually, Hara is a 1st year too, but I agree it's an impressive feat. Mouri's potential probably rivals that of the Shiraishi level MSers or so.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Actually, Hara is a 1st year too, but I agree it's an impressive feat. Mouri's potential probably rivals that of the Shiraishi level MSers or so.
    Hara doesn't exist in my eyes :<

According to the tier list, he is in a complete different level compared to Shiraishi, lol.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    According to the tier list, he is in a complete different level compared to Shiraishi, lol.
    I said potential not current. The MSers are a golden generation, but I think Mouri isn't far behind them in terms of growth is what I meant.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that Konomi focuses on has potential. Forgotten characters don't have any.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Anyone that Konomi focuses on has potential. Forgotten characters don't have any.
    Not so sure. Was Mouri even "focused" on?
    He is Niou Masaharu's senpai... His former teammate when they won the Nationals last year. Yet Konomi had it as if it was the first time that Mouri and Niou had ever met. Their interaction's didn't make any sense.

Mouri didn't even get a flashback scene from his time at Rikkai by Konomi. That's barely anything imho.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouri did have a silent flashback from Kenya's POV. That was about it. Pretty much showing he's a tennis master without attending practice (sure you've seen it). Mouri was focused on, he and Ochi were the 1st G10 members to play so he did get plenty of screentime. But after the match, he disappeared.

New Reply