Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Kaguya is actually an alien

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaguya is actually an alien

Does anyone else think that kaguya is actually an alien? It sounds farfetched for sure, but what if?
    Back when hagoromo was telling his story to naruto, he told him that kaguya came from a "far away place to this land": http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/670/12
    The wording "place" is very indicative here i think.
    Naruto asked hagoromo again about where exactly she came from, and hagoromo sidetracked the question again by saying that it was not important where kaguya came from.

Then we get this strange explanation from black zetsu, who says that it wasnt the holy tree´s will to turn into a monster to retake it´s chakra that was stolen through the consumption of the fruit, but kaguya herself made the tree turn into a monster and that she was part of it too.
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/681/11

Madara said that kaguya ate the fruit to gain powers. Something feels fishy here if you consider black zetsu´s words.
    Hagoromo made it sound like she came "to this land" specifically to eat the god fruit.

Why would kaguya need an army of soldiers, if the entire world is made of white zetsu soldiers that all belong to her?
    I think kaguya is of alien nature and was looking for a way to create an army to fight against another alien entity/race.
    The god tree wasnt on earth at all, kaguya brought it with her to enslave humanity and turn them into soldiers for her own war against another extraterrestial race. This would explain why she was a part of the god tree in the first place (like black zetsu suggests).
    She was able to enslave the entire world, but she got pregnant beforehand.

When the two sons were born, kaguya´s power got divided into her two sons, which seems to be something she did not anticipate.
    She tried to retake that chakra by using the god tree against them by turning it into a monster (the juubi), but they defeated her and sealed her and the juubi.

The only real question this explanation leaves open is what exactly the fruit´s role is in all of this.
    I know this is very far fetched and not completely fleshed out, but the explanation from madara/hagoromo/black zetsu dont completely line up.
    Madara started it off by telling us about kaguya. Then hagoromo expanded on that story.
    Then black zetsu comes in and tells us that hagoromo did not know anything, and that kaguya was actually part of the god tree itself.

I think all of this is pointing towards kaguya being extraterrestial and the god tree not originally being located on earth.
    Currently, kishimoto is still keeping kaguya pretty bland as a character, not making her talk at all.
    She has yet to reveal anything about herself and her past or her motives. I can only think of one reason.
    As soon as she starts talking, we are gonna witness THE revelation and kishimoto was not ready to reveal it yet, thus she shuts up for now.

Look at this panel where naruto asks hagoromo whether he is an alien:
    http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/670/7
    It looks like comic relief at first, but if you think about it a little, hagoromo even says
    "i an alien? hahahaha, i guess it makes sense though". I think this is foreshadowing, hidden behind comic relief.
    Last edited by gh0un; July 04, 2014 at 08:51 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaguya is actually an alien

Well, even black zetsu said that kaguya CANT use a human into a soldiers. Meaning for black zetsu, even though the humans in the ninja world are ninjas, they are still being considered as merely humans. So yea, kaguya was creating a soldiers for her war against someone/something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is to be believed that the Senju and the Uchiha actually share a bloodline with Hagoromo and Kaguya, Naruto and Sasuke and all of their ancestry would also be aliens.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wouldn't be very surprised if Kaguya or the Juubi (or both) have something to do with outer space. Reminds me of Goku crashing down on Earth and spreading his Saiyan genes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the roots and original theme of Naruto, I can't believe it has come to this... But it actually does make sense, however silly it seems.

Also assuming it's true that Kaguya isn't only looking to start a new world order with a new family/race, but actually is seeking to fight someting, then it sure is interest to ask, what that something is.
    Is it something "alien" that will attack the Naruto world?

It'd be silly if this alien theme became stronger in the manga, however it would on the other hand also add more depth to Kaguya, and we'd actually perhaps get a villain that is more worthy than Kaguya.

Madara was an interesting villain, but he didn't seem like a final one, neither did Obito.
    Kaguya is a big step up from those two, but still doesn't seem like a good final candidate, as Kaguya doesn't seem to show much personality.

Something beeing bigger than Kaguya would both be good and bad for the story at the same time, in some areas it makes it plain silly, and in some areas it creates depths to the story and characters, considering it ties up a lot of loose ends and true villain character development.

I wonder how it turns out in the end.. At least Kaguya would be anticlimatic to be the final villain, unless we see much more of her personality soon, very soon at that.

New Reply