Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: help

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown help

hi everyone

i wanted to ask if there is any other kind of pen that do the same work as a-g pen- .
    i looked for it in my hometown ...they didn't even knew what it is...and i knew after ..that i can't find it anywhere in the country.
    the online purchase is out of question because i don't have the means to do it..plus the prices are too high......for me .
    so if there is anyone that have manga pens ..and / or other tools that he don't use anymore pm me please ....and thanks in advance.
    any advice or suggestions are welcome.

help this poor man.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help

First of all international shipping from Japan will run you ~15$ plus the price of nibs(g+maru+saji)/pen-holder/ink it should fully add up to like $40. Which is a bit of money, but the supplies will last you a very long time, and you've probably wasted as much money on the last video game you bought or something like that. A single $40 purchase for your dream is not a lot at all.

That being said, I understand you probably don't have a card to buy online with, and you might have a hard time convincing your parents to buy it. When I first got true manga tools, I was sixteen and living in Israel so I also had to convince my parents to buy it online, but I did it. At the end of the day, if it's your dream... you can afford a computer and internet connection to type this, those cost way more than a couple of art supplies..

As for alternatives, any similarly shaped nib should do the job. It's a piece of metal, after all. Look up a lot of pictures of the nib until you fully understand its shape, then go to an art store and find a similar one. Just make sure the nib isn't shaped like a spoon, those are too stiff and only good for straight lines. You need a nib that opens up very easily, then the lines are lively (and unfortunately harder to control.)

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you man
    i'll try to find a similar nib to a g-pens...and a maru pens
    b.t.w. the p.c im using isn't mine ..and trust me im by myself so no parents involved.
    things aren't as easy as you might think..i need help for real.
    thanks anyway for taking time to put different suggestions
    i appreciate it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DoctorApollo's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zzigg View Post
    b.t.w. the p.c im using isn't mine ..and trust me im by myself so no parents involved.
    things aren't as easy as you might think..i need help for real.
    Sorry for underestimating your troubles. It won't happen again.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

ah it's okay
    just when you know anyone that wants to sell their manga tools and pens let me know.

New Reply