Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 274

Thread: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

  1. #76
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    His eye allows him to re-write the location of himself or an object, Regardless of dimension

    Its almost like izanagi for location without the negative effect

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    When my stupid cat climbs on my lap I will scratch its ear. I don't care about the stupid cat as far as I could throw it. All I'm doing is acting on reflex. Sakura did something useful. Sauske caught her instead of just letting her faceplant. I don't see much in that.
    I get what you're trying to say, but scratching your cat's ear isn't the same as recoiling your hand from a hot stove surface. You aren't just "reacting" in some involuntary, reflexive way. You establish something about yourself merely by owning the cat and not being a sociopath that tortures it. For a long, long time Sasuke was closer to that end of the social spectrum than let's say, a guy who would even let this metaphor of a cat anywhere near his lap. Sasuke from the later "Taka" days would light it on fire with eternal black flames because it 'got in his way' or some such nonsense.

    It's clumsy, but Sasuke's spent the entire war arc 'changing'. Driven by curiousity about the world's past, and simultaneously trying to unstuck himself (and everyone else for that matter) from that past.

  3. #78
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Fuck you talking about? Sasuke loves cats. And cats love him.

  4. #79
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I'm curious as to how Obito sucks when he is the only reason that any of this is possible at all right now. Sakura is the equivalent of a chakra battery, yet she's a badass? I Fully understand her contribution, but come on now, really?
    He is also the reason why the world is in such danger.

    How she was continuing to push herself and make Tobi push himself to try and get Sasuke out. I'd rather have this Sakura than the Sakura that whined about Sasuke or cried over Naruto. I'm no fan, but she deserves the development she had at the start, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I'd say that's reading a lot into very little. Just because Sauske didn't treat her like dog-crap on his shoes for once doesn't mean that he is a better person or that he 'cares' about Sakura. When my stupid cat climbs on my lap I will scratch its ear. I don't care about the stupid cat as far as I could throw it. All I'm doing is acting on reflex. Sakura did something useful. Sauske caught her instead of just letting her faceplant. I don't see much in that.

    The only thing that seems different is the 'look' on Sauske's face. Before he was like, "Pht - you suck..."
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/678/4

    But this week the look does indeed seem designed to at least appear to not be indifferent. I'm not going to go so far as to read any major change into it at this point, but Kishi does seem to be trying to make him not be quite as obviously detestable and jerky.
    It's not reading into a lot, it's just pointing out the change that's there. The analogy doesn't work because Sasuke wouldn't have bothered saving Sakura if he didn't care. He stabbed Karin and didn't bother saving Sakura or Kakashi. Why would he have bothered to catch Sakura when she wasn't in danger or even be nice to her without the ego?

    You didn't have to tell me, I knew you didn't see much, if anything, in that even before you posted. But it is pretty significant and shows that he's improving in behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    The bold part is your opinion and people respect it....so please have the same regard about other people opinion because you seem absolutly confident about what u wrote.
    In the meantime it is not likely for others.
    Sasuke said himself that Sakura and cie happened to be next to Naruto when he used Susano, otherwise he could't care less...this is a fact, hence people comment about that. You were with those who criticized Naruto in that moment saying he couldn't see the big picture because he cared about sakura, kakashi, obito instead of focusing in the fight with kaguya. It seem he was right since it i sakura and obito who save the day. So don't expect people coming right now with excuses because sasuke hold sakura, just after the latter worked her ass looking for/saving him.
    I am confident, and it's a fact that Sasuke seems to be less of a jerkwad. He went from not saving Sakura and Kakashi to catching her when he didn't have to, and talking nicely to her. I really don't care about respecting most people's opinions unless they're good, and I rarely see that anymore.

    I reread the chapters and can't find where Sasuke said he didn't care about Sakura or Kakashi. He merely said he prioritized Naruto and his own life and saved Kakashi and Sakura only because they were close to Naruto.

    I can also argue that if Naruto wasn't distracted by Kakashi and Sakura, he and Sasuke could have countered Kaguya attacking the hawk with the chakra needles.

  5. #80
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He is also the reason why the world is in such danger.

    How she was continuing to push herself and make Tobi push himself to try and get Sasuke out. I'd rather have this Sakura than the Sakura that whined about Sasuke or cried over Naruto. I'm no fan, but she deserves the development she had at the start, no?


    It's not reading into a lot, it's just pointing out the change that's there. The analogy doesn't work because Sasuke wouldn't have bothered saving Sakura if he didn't care. He stabbed Karin and didn't bother saving Sakura or Kakashi. Why would he have bothered to catch Sakura when she wasn't in danger or even be nice to her without the ego?

    You didn't have to tell me, I knew you didn't see much, if anything, in that even before you posted. But it is pretty significant and shows that he's improving in behavior.


    I am confident, and it's a fact that Sasuke seems to be less of a jerkwad. He went from not saving Sakura and Kakashi to catching her when he didn't have to, and talking nicely to her. I really don't care about respecting most people's opinions unless they're good, and I rarely see that anymore.

    I couldn't agree more with this statement...all we have to point out is the difference in behaviour between the time sasuke wanted to stab sakura or to kill kakashi(danzo's fight), or the moment he chidori'ed naruto(the search team just after sasuke killed itachi), fortunately it was a clone and the actual events. What i see is a sasuke who start to understand that no matter what path he may choose, his camarades would never let him down. Hence his gesture; a kind of reconciliation with his former self



    I reread the chapters and can't find where Sasuke said he didn't care about Sakura or Kakashi. He merely said he prioritized Naruto and his own life and saved Kakashi and Sakura only because they were close to Naruto.

    I can also argue that if Naruto wasn't distracted by Kakashi and Sakura, he and Sasuke could have countered Kaguya attacking the hawk with the chakra needles.

    I couldn't agree more with this statement...all we have to point out is the difference in behaviour between the time sasuke wanted to stab sakura or to kill kakashi(danzo's fight), or the moment he chidori'ed naruto(the search team just after sasuke killed itachi), fortunately it was a clone and the actual events. What i see is a sasuke who start to understand that no matter what path he may choose, his camarades would never let him down. Hence his gesture; a kind of reconciliation with his former self

  6. #81
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Sakura has been awesome in this chapter. When she sees Sasuke and screams "Shannarooo" the hole gets wider and lets Sasuke pass through it. It was closing because Obito was running out of chakra. And it's not the first time she is useful, she has already saved Naruto's life like 30 minutes ago. Two amazing feats in a row in very little time.

  7. #82
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He is also the reason why the world is in such danger.

    How she was continuing to push herself and make Tobi push himself to try and get Sasuke out. I'd rather have this Sakura than the Sakura that whined about Sasuke or cried over Naruto. I'm no fan, but she deserves the development she had at the start, no?
    .
    Okay, and? That doesn't change the fact that he's the whole reason that rescuing sasuke can even hope to be a thing. Just like people like to defend Sasuke despite his past criminal actions, the same applies to his elder clansmen. There are only two major differences, The severity of each individuals actions and the fact that Obito is doing the things that he's doing now for The purpose of helping and making up for those past actions.

    I'm not saying she doesn't. I just find it extremely odd that one can say that Obito sucks and she's a badass for essentially just being a battery for him. And unlike her on multiple occasions, Obito did nothing this chapter to warrant any form of dislike.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; July 16, 2014 at 12:09 AM.

  8. #83
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,910
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I couldn't agree more with this statement...all we have to point out is the difference in behaviour between the time sasuke wanted to stab sakura or to kill kakashi(danzo's fight), or the moment he chidori'ed naruto(the search team just after sasuke killed itachi), fortunately it was a clone and the actual events. What i see is a sasuke who start to understand that no matter what path he may choose, his camarades would never let him down. Hence his gesture; a kind of reconciliation with his former self
    Also, rereading the chapters, Sasuke was good and respectful and explained things, but a chapter or two later, he said he was not gonna go out of his way to save Sakura and Kakashi. Or did he go back to acting like a jerk? I forgot, but I won't forget that there's still a chance Sasuke can do ANOTHER 180 and be a villain again.

    I think he also sees there's no reason for him to act the way he's acting. There's no use in getting snippy with your allies, especially when one of the ally is considered one of the greatest shinobi of his generation. KiSwordsman explained it when he was replying to me few posts ago, the result of Naruto saving Sakura and Kakashi, as well as Tobi.
    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Okay, and? That doesn't change the fact that he's the whole reason that rescuing sasuke can even hope to be a thing. Just like people like to defend Sasuke despite his past criminal actions, the same applies to his elder clansmen. There are only two major differences, The severity of each individuals actions and the fact that Obito is doing the things that he's doing now for The purpose of helping and making up for those past actions.
    It also doesn't change the fact that he's the whole reason that Sasuke even has to be rescued for the world to have any hope.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm not saying she doesn't. I just find it extremely odd that one can say that Obito sucks and she's a badass for essentially just being a battery for him. And unlike her on multiple occasions, Obito did nothing this chapter to warrant any form of dislike other than personal taste.
    Well, it's not her use that makes me say she's a badass, but how she's acting. Like, being more like her Part I self.

    Yeah, personal taste based on how Obito was portrayed.

  9. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narengan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kassel
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Sasuke didnt't care when she was about to fall in the lava, now he's preventing her from falling down. I think that's quite some change there, though I don't care really much. But if he still doesn't care, he would have ported next to Obito and talked about stuff like "let's go, imma kill this bitch", while Sakura has to get on her feet by her own and thinking "Sasuke ((("
    pwning in the freakin' speed of light.

  10. #85
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Posts
    152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    In Lava dimension Sasuke just chose to save Naruto instead of Sakura, because Naruto is much more important. The situation in this chapter is completely different, if he had to choose he would have chosen Naruto again. He didn't have to choose, so he thanked Sakura for her work

  11. #86
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Senju Tobirama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 684 Discussion / 685 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Yeah! ITS OUT!!

    And Sasuke has his own teleportation jutsu now.
    Yeah he is like sudenly hell yeah I have that ability right just cuz i needed now so yeaaaah i canswithc places no prob Well it has limit but still I can I really didint like that ass pull again!!
    "You dare make threats in front of me!?"

  12. #87
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I can't wait to read excuses about Sasuke now. "He's just saving Sakura so he can kill her later, didn't you see the way he held Sakura's arm, like he was going to choke her! Proof he'll kill Naruto and Sakura!! ofmg Sasuke suuuuuux!!11" This chapter is basically proving that Sasuke is becoming a better person because he would not have caught Sakura at all, especially given what he said. He does care about Sakura, if not Kakashi, but Sasuke knows that he and Naruto can't focus on saving Sakura and Kakashi otherwise if either dies, Sakura and Kakashi are dead. This also makes SasuSaku likely, though it still requires Sasuke to have feelings for her. I can't wait to read more bullcrap about how Sasuke is still evil or not compassionate or selfish or plans to kill Naruto and/or Sakura. If Kishi turns Sasuke evil after this, it'll be somewhat of a swerve.

    Anyway, eh chapter. Sakura's being a bit of a badass again like she was in Part I, and hopefully now no more crying about Sasuke or whining about him. Tobi still sucks, but what's new. Now, I hope we get to see Sasuke and Naruto be epic teamwork.
    You can't compare Sakura to Naruto. Sakura is not "in his way". Naruto is. His face is the only thing showing some care for Sakura. His actions do not. Sakura just saved Sasuke and showed herself as an asset. Its logical he would not let her faceplant.
    Sasuke is still an unknown the same way Madara was when he joined Hashirama. Question is would Sasuke let go of his "dream" of changing the world and accept Naruto's way? Ask yourself that question as my answer is "I don't see it happening" and because of that I can't believe Kishi is not going to turn him into a "villain".

    @ninjabot


    What is to give up about? You said you never been wrong about Sasuke and I provided AT LEAST 1 instance when you where even if we assume you can still believe Sasuke has "instant" ENTON.

    Oh and I don't know if you are right about him ST'ing about if he does not changes places with and object as what sense would it make to change places with Sakura's vest if he can just teleport anywhere?
    Madara or Naruto/Sasuke could have changed places with an object.
    The sword needed no inertia (Sasuke throwing it) for Madara to impale HIMSELF in it. Madara was traveling fast in Sasuke's direction. Sasuke changing places with his sword could end up impaling himself.
    Even when he teleported to Madara's location (as he was transforming bit) he could have changed places with a rock.

    Now I am not stating you are wrong but it really makes no sense why he would change places with Sakura's vest if he could just teleport next to it.

  13. #88
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    It also doesn't change the fact that he's the whole reason that Sasuke even has to be rescued for the world to have any hope.



    Well, it's not her use that makes me say she's a badass, but how she's acting. Like, being more like her Part I self.

    Yeah, personal taste based on how Obito was portrayed.
    I thought that was on Naruto for not letting Sasuke kill him or destroying the demons, right?

    Yes, Obito had a major hand in (he's not the whole reason, Madara and Zetsu are still a thing) what's going on right now. However, he's working to make up for it. That's the difference. If Sasuke's past actions can be disregarded for his current actions then the exact same thing can apply at least somewhat to Obito. Not entirely only due to the severity.

    Her part one self? Sakura's part one self was not really anything to shake a stick at. If anything her early part two self should be the basis.

    How exactly was he portrayed in this chapter? He was just doing what he was sent there to do. More concerned for Sakura than his own well being. If it's his past portrayal then that's one thing. However, it's still odd given the fact that Sasuke can be defended due to his current actions but Obito is still held in contempt due to his past actions. Even if one were to argue severity, it still seems like a bit of a double standard.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; July 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

  14. #89
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I thought that was on Naruto for not letting Sasuke kill him or destroying the demons, right?

    Yes, Obito had a major hand in (he's not the whole reason, Madara and Zetsu are still at thing) what's going on right now. However, he's working to make up for it. That's the difference. If Sasuke's past actions can be disregarded for his current actions then the exact same thing can apply at least somewhat to Obito. Not entirely only due to the severity.

    Her part one self? Sakura's part one self was not really anything to shake a stick at. If anything her early part two self should be the basis.

    How exactly was he portrayed in this chapter? He was just doing what he was sent there to do. More concerned for Sakura than his own well being. If it's his past portrayal then that's one thing. However, it's still odd given the fact that Sasuke can be defended due to his current actions but Obito is still held in contempt due to his past actions. Even if one were to argue severity, it still seems like a bit of a double standard.
    Yeah... Sasuke has a great fault in all of this just as well. Obito could have not started his plan IF Sasuke did not captured that tail from Bee. No tail and no Juubi for Obito.

  15. #90
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto 685 Discussion / 686 Predictions

    Seeing some of the comments .. Imagine Sasuke appearing where her jacket was... and Sakura, because of chakra drained out, fell in Sasuke's foot, to show that Sasuke doesn't care... and Sasuke goes.. Oops!! my bad.. ... or what were you expecting .. she was falling back on the place where sasuke is standing .. and sauke should have stepped back to let her fall on the ground to make everyone believe that how less he carres for her... Come on..

New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts