Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Discussion / Chapter 61 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Spoiler Discussion

Plot twist! Levi does not know that Kenny's last name is Ackerman. Heck does he even know HIS last name is Ackerman? I mean, I don't remember anyone calling him directly by his last name. So Kenny adopted Levi, thus Levi takes Kenny's last name, but the latter does not tell the former his last name. God only know what Mikasa's paternal family is (was) involved in.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say - if this was the real world, then there would be hundreds or thousands of people sharing a lastname. Kenny Ackermann could have absolutely zero to do with Mikasa's dad, or the hundreds of other Ackermanns out there.

If this was being played realistically. ofc in a manga, they would only do this if there was a relation between the characters. Otherwise it would be pointless.

Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys am I the only one who read the whole 'Ackerman? Is that . . . Kenny's surname?' more like 'No Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman, why did he lie about it?' ??? And then he's like "But I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important."

So
    • Levi never knew Kenny's surname and that it's Ackerman -- which explains why he wasn't worried about it being mentioned in front of Mikasa
    • Or Levi knows Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman and is surprised -- which is odd because he used to live with this guy and he supposedly taught him everything he knows
    • Or Ackerman is Levi's surname and not Kenny's, so Levi is surprised to see Kenny's using it for himself -- which would be again odd because Levi showed not the slightest reaction to show he knows the name
    • It could be more about Levi's REAL connection to Kenny more than his connection with Mikasa -- which wouldn't explain the "I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important" part

And now we can ALMOST be sure that
    • Ackerman IS a surname and not a gangname/group name
    • Levi's sometimes odd behavior around Mikasa either has nothing to do with the 'Ackerman' name, or he's very good at hiding his wariness when the guy mentions the name in front of Mikasa

GOSH Isayama telllll usssss!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iamtanmay View Post
    I just want to say - if this was the real world, then there would be hundreds or thousands of people sharing a lastname. Kenny Ackermann could have absolutely zero to do with Mikasa's dad, or the hundreds of other Ackermanns out there.

If this was being played realistically. ofc in a manga, they would only do this if there was a relation between the characters. Otherwise it would be pointless.
    Quite correct, but this is a manga, so...

Quote Quote:
    Guys am I the only one who read the whole 'Ackerman? Is that . . . Kenny's surname?' more like 'No Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman, why did he lie about it?' ??? And then he's like "But I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important."

So
    Levi never knew Kenny's surname and that it's Ackerman -- which explains why he wasn't worried about it being mentioned in front of Mikasa
    Or Levi knows Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman and is surprised -- which is odd because he used to live with this guy and he supposedly taught him everything he knows
    Or Ackerman is Levi's surname and not Kenny's, so Levi is surprised to see Kenny's using it for himself -- which would be again odd because Levi showed not the slightest reaction to show he knows the name
    It could be more about Levi's REAL connection to Kenny more than his connection with Mikasa -- which wouldn't explain the "I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important" part

Ackerman IS a surname and not a gangname/group name
    Levi's sometimes odd behavior around Mikasa either has nothing to do with the 'Ackerman' name, or he's very good at hiding his wariness when the guy mentions the name in front of Mikasa

Kenny probably never told Levi his last name, or lied to him about it. If Kenny adopted Levi, I doubt that Levi has the last name of Ackerman. Family names are not modern, but they are not exactly new either. In the middle ages, only nobles, rich merchants, or people whose family had inherited a trade/profession from several generations had last names. Even today there could be orphans with no last names running around. So it wouldn't surprise me if Levi was originally an orphan with no last name. Ymir has no last name either, and she is a main character, while minor characters like Thomas Wagner and Mina Carolina have one. From the fact that she was allowed to enter the military despite lacking a family name, we can deduce that people without last names are not rare in the SNK universe.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PiggyBank's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, I wonder about the name.. It does look like Levi only knows Kenny as the throat-slasher Kenny, it wouldn't be surprising to use only scary nicknames in the underground. But it also crossed my mind that maybe Levi is not surprised at finding out what Kenny's surname is, but at Kenny being in charge of handling Eren and Historia. More or less along the lines "oh, so he's not just sent to track and shoot us, he's got his fingers in the whole opareation". Just a thought.

anyway, naming a serial killer Kenny is such a joke...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    I doubt things will work as survey corps expect, i can clearly see how the whole place will be wiped out by the excuse of Titan and the Survey corps will be put to the blame for it, may be they even say Eren did it.
    Nothing realy happened, a single newspaper article will be no good for the same reason, it will be the last edit they relise and on the nextone will be said Survey Corpse tryed to disinform the sitizens.
    So to do something, you need to go straight for the head of the snake.
    Also i realy looking forward to Erwin vs King interaction, maybe he got something up his sleeve? I liked him as a character and he realy knows stuff, i hope he passed his knowledge to someone.
    As someone else pointed out, the Survey Corps has the entire town of Trost on their side now. Even if the Central MP were ordered to wipe out all the villagers there, word would still spread. Same thing goes for the article: if they put it out at all, before it is recalled, some people will still see it, and then the coverup will backfire and make them even more wary of the royal gov't.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    HANGEEEEEEEEE . How did she appear like that? And these falcon punches!

More badass than Levi . Erwin won't die right? I mean, Jean did'nt die, why kill Erwin?...
    Hange made that chapter for me. I dunno about Erwin. I feel like he could die (since he even handed down the reins of the SL), and I don't usually put deathflags on people that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtina View Post

So
    • Levi never knew Kenny's surname and that it's Ackerman -- which explains why he wasn't worried about it being mentioned in front of Mikasa
    • Or Levi knows Kenny's surname isn't Ackerman and is surprised -- which is odd because he used to live with this guy and he supposedly taught him everything he knows
    • Or Ackerman is Levi's surname and not Kenny's, so Levi is surprised to see Kenny's using it for himself -- which would be again odd because Levi showed not the slightest reaction to show he knows the name
    • It could be more about Levi's REAL connection to Kenny more than his connection with Mikasa -- which wouldn't explain the "I guess he wouldn't tell you something like that. Especially something this important" part
    • Ackerman IS a surname and not a gangname/group name
    • Levi's sometimes odd behavior around Mikasa either has nothing to do with the 'Ackerman' name, or he's very good at hiding his wariness when the guy mentions the name in front of Mikasa
    Interesting! Aside from the confirmation Levi couldn't be Kenny's biological son, it didn't occur to me he could have lied to Levi or possibly even stolen Levi's name. That would be interesting. It kind of makes sense in a way if Kenny used the name "Ackerman" to help him hide from the law. He could have even stolen that identity from Levi's biological father.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there that scene in the forest back in the Female Titan arc where Levi seemed surprised when he heard Mikasa's surname?

I'm not completely sold that Ackerman is a surname. Could be the name of the clan her mother talked about. Ackerman means something like farm man, or someone who takes care of the fields.
    Mikasa might had gotten a flashback when hearing the word Ackerman, but we'll have to wait until next month to (maybe) find out what she was really thinking.
    I'm at least happy they finally told Mikasa after all this time.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    Wasn't there that scene in the forest back in the Female Titan arc where Levi seemed surprised when he heard Mikasa's surname?

I'm not completely sold that Ackerman is a surname. Could be the name of the clan her mother talked about. Ackerman means something like farm man, or someone who takes care of the fields.
    Mikasa might had gotten a flashback when hearing the word Ackerman, but we'll have to wait until next month to (maybe) find out what she was really thinking.
    I'm at least happy they finally told Mikasa after all this time.
    He was surprised that Mikasa had the guts to tell him that he did not properly protect Eren. Mikasa has never properly introduced herself to Levi. Ackerman is her father's last name. The clan is her mother's family, whose Last name is not Ackerman.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that this could tie into why her parents were killed, while we see that the motives were for human trafficking, it's possible that there were people pulling the strings from who Eren and Mikasa killed. Since they couldn't exactly get information out of them it might be Kenny that ordered the murder of her parents and make it look like human trafficking maybe in the sense of saying "kill the parents and do what you want with the girl, just don't make it look suspicious"

It might be why Mikasa is surprised by the last name because this is a world where there aren't a lot of people, so those with similar last name have high chance of having a relation to one another in one way or another.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki No Kyojin Chapter 60 Discussion / Chapter 61 Predictions

So many plotwists in this chapter.
    Levi and the others attacked the MP, Hange was able to make the whole Trost district join the Survey Corps and, at last, Erwin is about to be executed....
    It was really a fantastic chapter and I wonder what will happen in the next one, to which I'm looking forward.

Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    He was surprised that Mikasa had the guts to tell him that he did not properly protect Eren. Mikasa has never properly introduced herself to Levi. Ackerman is her father's last name. The clan is her mother's family, whose Last name is not Ackerman.
    Actually I'm almost completely sure he reacted strangely about Mikasa's name.

Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtina View Post
    Actually I'm almost completely sure he reacted strangely about Mikasa's name.
    Except that Mikasa has never introduced herself to Levi, so he has never heard the Last name Ackerman when Mikasa was present prior to chapter 60.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He was surprised because of her reaction and remembered that she is Eren's childhood's friend. It probably reminded him of some sad events.

Now for the Ackerman surname, I wonder why Mikasa herself didn't ask questions.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe she'll ask/answer some questions in the next chapter but with how it the last chapter ended, I think we'll have an Erwin centered chapter next month.
    Do I really hope they answer some of the Ackermann questions.
    Also, I wonder what the Reiss are doing? They must have spent at least a day with Eren and Krista by now.

What kind of unimaginable horror is going on inside the Reiss's mansion walls? Reading picture books, drinking wine?
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The goverment is ruling by terror. But they can never be as frightning as the enemy outside the walls. Though if the Survey Corps do pull it off, then they really better get a system of checks and balances in place, and make it a constitutial monarchy.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast